Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Petition to force The S*n to release its Hillsborough "The Truth" sources

Read 12840 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Petition to force The S*n to release its Hillsborough "The Truth" sources
      Reply #46: Oct 19, 2011 12:38:53 pm
      It's bullshit only UK citizens can sign this.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #47: Oct 19, 2011 12:42:45 pm
      getting close to 15,000 now lets see Mackensie squirm.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #48: Oct 19, 2011 12:44:02 pm
      Done! i know it states that you can only submit it,if you are a UK citizen. I just clicked yes,hope it works!!

JFT 96- all the way from South Africa!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #49: Oct 19, 2011 01:17:35 pm
      Done!

Kelvin MacKenzie explained his reporting in 1993. Talking to a House of Commons National Heritage Select Committee, he said:
      "I regret Hillsborough. It was a fundamental mistake. The mistake was I believed what an MP said. It was a Tory MP. (This MP has subsequently been identified as Irvine Patnick). If he had not said it and the chief superintendent [David Duckenfield] had not agreed with it, we would not have gone with it."

Sir Irvine Patnick OBE:

Patnick was one of the sources for The Sun newspaper's notorious coverage of the Hillsborough disaster. Sun editor Kelvin Mackenzie later said of his coverage "It was a fundamental mistake. The mistake was I believed what an MP said."

Patnick is on the Right-wing of the Conservative Party. He was against sanctions on apartheid South Africa, voted to reintroduce the death penalty, strongly supported Section 28 and, in a similar vein, opposed reducing the age of consent for homosexuals. He coined the phrase 'People's Republic of South Yorkshire' in reference to the hard left policies of the Sheffield City Council under the direction of David Blunkett.

And here is what the tw*t said in 1994:

I ask my right hon. Friend the Home Secretary to bear in mind that it was apparent to me that there was a lack of a disaster plan for that sports ground, which is one of the major sports grounds in the United Kingdom. As the hon. Member for Attercliffe said, there are few better grounds than that ground. Nevertheless, shortcomings were apparent.

I congratulate the two radio stations, Radio Hallam and Radio Sheffield, which kept up a non-stop commentary on what help was needed for people in the area and the Sheffield Star on its special edition—a copy of which I gave to my right hon. Friend the Prime Minister—which showed graphically the horror and mayhem.

Will my right hon. Friend examine two questions—first, the apparent lack of a disaster plan and, secondly, the part that alcohol played in the disaster?

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/commons/1989/apr/17/hillsborough-stadium-disaster#S6CV0151P0_19890417_HOC_182
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #50: Oct 19, 2011 01:41:21 pm
      The edition we'd all love to see and currently doing the rounds around the net.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #51: Oct 19, 2011 01:47:00 pm

Still wouldn't buy it though mate.

Admitting to lying won't ever be enough, the rag still won't be bought, in masses, on Merseyside. It's sickening that it's still bought at all on Merseside today, but I'm sure we've all seen somebody with it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #52: Oct 19, 2011 01:47:32 pm

Is anyone seriously interested in another commercial-minded apology from The S*n?

And then what - are we all going to rush out and start buying it?

Of course we're not.  All we want is The Truth and hopefully the people at the newspaper and the politicians and senior ranking police officials exposed for their lies.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #53: Oct 19, 2011 01:56:41 pm
      Signed. 16,202 as it stands. JFT 96.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #54: Oct 19, 2011 01:58:33 pm
      Can't sign this, it's only for British citizens
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #55: Oct 19, 2011 02:00:55 pm
      Can't sign this, it's only for British citizens

I can PM you my address if you want to sign it. The more signatures the better.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #56: Oct 19, 2011 02:25:36 pm
      Unlike the main Hillsborough petition there is a different motive behind the petition.
      It is related to a specific article by a specific media company.

To get and keep momentum we must put this across to every news outlet that is not News International.

On the H and G one we had some good people who contacted the BBC / Telegraphs/ Guardians/ Mirrors / ITV / Metros / of the world.
      They all love a free story especially if it against one of their bitter rivals!

Can those who contacted the British media before .....get this petition in front of them NOW.

That kind of support will carry this over the line.

We need the British media's support to humiliate News International. 

Can we en masse get the emails going in to them today?

finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #57: Oct 19, 2011 02:38:56 pm
      I can PM you my address if you want to sign it. The more signatures the better.
      but best not to advertise this sort of activity on a public forum. If the Sun were to document a multitude of such posts across forums they could claim many of the signatures are fake or not British citizens.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #58: Oct 19, 2011 02:50:14 pm
      The sources used in the scum's story.

Superintendent Roger Marshall, Police Federation rep Paul Middup, South Yorkshire ambulance chief Don Page,  a high ranking officer at the ground (probably Duckinfield) and  Sheffield MP Irvine Patnick.

As well as that tw*t Mackenzie, shouldn't these cu*ts be targeted to.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #59: Oct 19, 2011 03:10:56 pm
      but best not to advertise this sort of activity on a public forum. If the Sun were to document a multitude of such posts across forums they could claim many of the signatures are fake or not British citizens.

My bad. I'll remove the post :)

Almost 17 and a half thousand. Keep them coming.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #60: Oct 19, 2011 03:45:48 pm
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #61: Oct 19, 2011 03:56:27 pm
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #62: Oct 19, 2011 04:04:49 pm
      done
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #63: Oct 19, 2011 04:06:03 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #64: Oct 19, 2011 08:56:54 pm

21:18  GMT   19th
      « Last Edit: Oct 19, 2011 09:22:29 pm by eurored »
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #65: Oct 19, 2011 09:51:09 pm
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #66: Oct 19, 2011 10:14:29 pm
      Done, we will never forget them.YNWA
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #67: Oct 19, 2011 11:01:08 pm
      Done and tweeted, hopefully some of my followers will sign too!
      Suarez7
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #68: Oct 20, 2011 12:24:47 am
      Done and retweeted, will not rest till there is justice for the 96!
       Posted this on Hillsborough topic, but heres a nice article on Hillsborough - http://footballspeak.com/post/2011/10/18/Justice-for-the-96.aspx.

Can't believe Justice for the 96 didn't trend twitter today, but other garbage did.

Quick Reply