Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

A friendly "Hello" from Mainz

Read 1804 times
      mainz05freak
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      Jun 28, 2006 04:44:49 pm
      Dear all Liverpool-Fans,

I'm from Mainz in Germany and a fan of FSV Mainz 05, a team which will play on 4th of August against Liverpool.  I'm a fan of Liverpool,too and I love the mood at Anfiled-Road. I want to tell you something about the FSV Mainz 05 and his fans, now:
      The FSV is a team in Bundesliga and was on the 11th place of ranking last year. The club is very small but his fans are one of the most popular ones in Germany. Lot of people compare us with the fabns of Liverpool. The stadium ("Bruchwegstadion") is with a capacity of 20300 small but I'm proud to say, that there is one of the best atmospahre in Germany. Most of our players aren't well known. The famoust is Otto Addo, national player of Ghana. An other great player is Manuel Friedrich, perhaps the best German defender and nobody in Germany understand why is isn't a national player.

Mainz is a very nice town with lot of culture and located on the left side of the river rhine. The famoust building is the dome, which was built in the year 1000.  You can find some more information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainz

At the end: everyone in Mainz is looking forward for the match and the great fans of Liverpool. It would be great if lot of liverpool-fans will accompany their team to Mainz.

Jan (I'm sorry for my worse English) :D
      TurnstileB
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #1: Jun 28, 2006 09:01:44 pm
      Hello mate,

Looking forward to the trip, do you reckon it's worth our while staying over on the Friday in Mainz or is Frankfurt better?  Also how easy is it to get from Frankfurt-Hahn to Mainz/Frankfurt?

Thanks mate.
      mainz05freak
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      Reply #2: Jun 29, 2006 03:48:15 pm
      HI,

I think Mainz is great and you will have much fun there. There's a Irish Pub, if you like it :)
      Frankfurt is wonderfull, too but much bigger and there's too much police^^ The people in Mainz are much more friendly. Because of this I would stay in the city of Mainz.

You can get from Frankfurt-Hahn to Mainz with buses. The departure is 8:30,10:00, 11:40, 13:40, 15:00, 16:00, 17:20 and 19:00.  They need 1 hour from Frankfurt-Hahn to Mainz.The buses arive at the main station of Mainz. From this point you can walk or use other buses to stadium or city.

I've got a question to an other theme: Do you know the German band "Die toten Hosen" or their singer "Campino? It's the famoust German Punkrock-Band and they are friends of Didi Hamann

Quick Reply