Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Rangers 1:0 Liverpool, (Friendly) Pre-Live-Post match comments.

Read 16340 times
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Re: Reds to face Rangers
      Reply #253: Oct 18, 2011 10:29:30 pm
      Seems Coates was very disappointing?

Thought he played pretty well myself...
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #254: Oct 18, 2011 10:42:44 pm
      Bit harsh that mate!Ok we lost ,but its hard to pick any of our team that had a "bad" game.The keep ball side of our game was very good until the last third,where killer passes/service was poor.
      Lucas (captain tonight) is starting to look differant class.He is so full of confidence,his control/distribution is a joy to watch.
      Doni!Its easy to see why he was bought as a deputy to Pepe.Thought he was excellent.Shame he suffered an injury to his finger (horribly disslocated).
      Bellamy ran riot as usual.
      Glen Johnson,enjoyed a long awaited return and done ok.
      Coates,seemed a little slow to react at times to the pace of the game.( Will probably need a bit of time to settle in)
      Big Andy for me,did'nt get the service in that final third,but he did work hard imo.
      This game won't go down "as classic material"However it served its purpose in that the players returning had a run out and No injuries (reported).
                       IKKWT. 
      Spot on with this mate.

Didn't watch the game myself and obviously I am dissapointed we didn't win, but on the other hand it was a meaningless friendly which has helped the injured players gain fitness and the youngsters get game time.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #255: Oct 18, 2011 10:42:58 pm
      Didn't watch the game. 

Might watch it when it's repeated on the tele.

Cheers to Joey B for actually analysing the game and giving us a good overall view of it.

I hope it saved us a bit of money on the Danny Wilson deal.

Right now back to the proper footy this weekend!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #256: Oct 18, 2011 11:35:20 pm
      hope the full 90 go up on the website despite the loss.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #257: Oct 18, 2011 11:41:21 pm
      hope the full 90 go up on the website despite the loss.
      They always do, will probably be tomorrow evening though.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #258: Oct 18, 2011 11:45:53 pm
      Only saw the first half. We looked overly static in the attacking third. The midfield/attack also didn't work hard enough to win the ball back while defending. I was a bit disappointed, but I understand we were not playing as hard as we could have. Still, never like losing, no matter the contest.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #259: Oct 19, 2011 01:24:33 am
      Everytime that andy 'dead wood' starts a game i will turn off my telly.

Yeh, I'm gonna say this is the single stupidest post I've seen on here. Maybe even the internet.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #260: Oct 19, 2011 01:30:45 am
      Was at the game tonight and it was F***ing horrid. Atmosphere was dead. Players were dire in the final third and it was bloody freezing. Rangers fans continue to be the scummiest fans I know. Raging.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #261: Oct 19, 2011 01:58:58 am
      Why are we playing pointless friendlies in the middle of the season?
      Especially when we lose... (didn't watch the game being in Oz) but surely it can't help confidence of the team/squad
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #262: Oct 19, 2011 11:05:37 am

$
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #263: Oct 19, 2011 02:09:59 pm
      I didn't get the chance to watch the match but it's not as bad as if we lost 10-0. I'm sure normal service will resume next week against Norwich. I'm not happy that we lost but it's only a friendly and it's better than getting a victory at the expense of getting say 2 key players injured. Doni got injured is truly unnecessary and the game itself is unnecessary. Strangely, we always get this freaky injury in friendly games, hopefully no more friendly games when the season is on. I'm more upset with the injury to Doni then we lost the game.  Many times it has been said before that we really need to be more clinical in front of goal and the rest should also shoulder the responsibility to score and not over relying on Suarez. Immediate remedy would be that, if we missed too many chances in front of goal , we then need to create more chances to enable us to score to make up for the misses. When we achieve the required sharpness in front of goal then I'm sure we'll be scoring goals for fun. Next, what I hope to see is we shoot more often from outside the box, and that comes with some serious practice. Spuds don't get that kind of luck every week in scoring, they must have put in some serious training on that area. Hope KD sees to that area. We are not in any way short of sharp shooters in our squad in Stevie, Suarez, Bellamy, AC, Adam etc and henderson has slowly turn into one as well.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #264: Oct 19, 2011 06:30:48 pm
      Got back from the match this afternoon.
      Very disappointing performance and very little atmosphere.
      Good to see Doni in action and thought he did very well, but him apart, no other player seemed to stand out.

Have to say this, I thought the Rangers fans made us feel very welcome as there was no trouble (from what I saw).
      Had a few bevvies in the city centre beforehand, drank in the supporters bar opposite the ground and stayed out late after the match, and every fan seemed to want to talk football. The city, like all cities, have there good and bad parts, but I found it very welcoming and full of great people.
      Really enjoyed the little trip, though it was freezing, will prob be remembered for the drinking and not the match  ;)
      Chasman555
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      • Liverpool Forever YNWA
      Reply #265: Oct 19, 2011 07:34:59 pm
      Carroll was very disappointing last night  :(, for some one that is fighting to be in the starting XI he looked very out of sorts,  ???
      I am a big fan and am really wanting him to do well but just was not convinced, some of him positioning and crossing/passing was less to be desired, why did he kept drifting out to the wing and not stay in the middle where he could use his height to get on the end of some of the crosses? When he did try and cross wasn't really quite sure weather he ment it to be a shot or a cross but both where nowhere near  :-\.
      He really need to sort this out very soon with players like Bellamy, Suarez and Kuyt he could find himself spending more time on the bench then he would like, and with a 35 mil price tag on him thats not good.

On the other hand it was good to see Johnson get a good run out after injury played a good first half and will hopefully be getting a place in the team on Sat even if it is on the bench to start.

Lucas and Maxi both had good games with good positioning and some good passing and through balls just a shame we couldn't do anything with it in the final third  :(

One other player that did impress me was Goalkeeper Doni, have not really seen to much of him before but made some really good and important saves 1 that kept us in the game even if we did go on to loose, it was just a shame he had to go off with an injury does anyone know how serious his injury was?  ???
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #266: Oct 19, 2011 07:35:31 pm
      I was there, pretty poor performance from a lot of the players. Only really started to play in last 10-15 mins.

Doni looks decent back up, Coates looked alright but a bit dodgy at times also thought Bellamy tried but nothing happened for him.

Just a small word on Carroll and many may disagree but I thought he played a lot of nice attacking passes and also got himself in good positions in the box but he was really starved of decent service. I think the other players may need to try help get better balls into him as he was quite dangerous on a couple of occassions.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Rangers 1:0 Liverpool, (Friendly) Pre-Live-Post match comments.
      Reply #267: Oct 19, 2011 09:00:58 pm

Next.

A real game. Norwich and Delia.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #268: Oct 19, 2011 09:18:36 pm

Next.

A real game. Norwich and Delia.

LET'S BE HAVING YOU!

:lmao:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #269: Oct 19, 2011 09:24:44 pm
      We were poor on the night but I didn't expect too much. Coates started slow but thought he really warmed up and looked very good. Dagger was, well Dagger and delivered a couple of amusingly artful clatters Jelavic. Charlie Adam was impressive for me - his first ever applause at Ibrox? I thought Jordan Henderson and Jose Enrique stood out for me in cameos last 15 mins.

I will state that the Rangers fans were a disgrace. 90% of chants were about who/what they hate and anything about them was glorifying their adopted position as "the people". Biggest laugh of the night came when my 8yr old, taunted my them holding one hand to their ears and giving us the fingers with the other, lost the rag and shouted "Beat it - we don't play charades, we play football, sorry!!".

Quick Reply