Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The opposing managers view

Read 2134 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      The opposing managers view
      Sep 16, 2007 12:10:56 pm
      Harry Redknapp (who's side have now played all of last years top four)

"If I had to pick a club, it would be Manchester United to edge Chelsea and Liverpool. There is so much in their favour — a great and experienced squad."
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Re: The opposing managers view
      Reply #1: Sep 17, 2007 08:40:07 am
      You haven't expressed an opinion on this statement koolkidda.

Well here's one.

I like Harry Redknapp.  I think he is a good manager and his opinion should be respected.  In this matter however he has got it very wrong.

I think United have problems in defence and little strength in depth.  When they have injuries they struggle.  Most importantly they don't have a world class striker in the Drogba, Torres & Van Nistelroy mould.

I think we have the best team to sustain a challenge for the Premiership this season.

Oh, and United are Sh*te. >:D

benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #2: Sep 17, 2007 11:31:23 am
      They rely on Ronaldo, who by the way almost quit football for getting bagged, and if he gets injured or suspended like he has, United won't play as a top four team, what i want to know is why are Arsenal playing so well when most of their players are young and don't have alot of experience?
      Oh, and United are Sh*te, + there is two of them in my family (can't help it they were born arseholes)
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #3: Sep 17, 2007 12:21:11 pm
      what I want to know is why are Arsenal playing so well when most of their players are young and don't have alot of experience?

His players might be young, but most of them have played together for at least the last three years, some a lot more. I've said for a while that if Wenger can keep his team together I honestly think they'll be world beaters once they're all around the 25 mark.
      Jrwanderer
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 115 posts |
      • Team Spirit of Champions
      Reply #4: Sep 17, 2007 01:17:13 pm
      His players might be young, but most of them have played together for at least the last three years, some a lot more. I've said for a while that if Wenger can keep his team together I honestly think they'll be world beaters once they're all around the 25 mark.

I agree with EddieC, Arsenal have a fantastic group of young players who have now played a couple of seasons together. They could well be potential world beaters! :-\
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #5: Sep 17, 2007 02:04:23 pm

I agree with EddieC, Arsenal have a fantastic group of young players who have now played a couple of seasons together. They could well be potential world beaters! :-\

Two Arsenal Strips on order then? >:D
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #6: Sep 17, 2007 03:19:01 pm

:D :D :D

Not a F***ing chance mate. I do have a lot of admiration for the job Wenger's doing there, and unlike benforrest I can understand why they're currently top of the league, but I definitely wouldn't go as far as to say I like them.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #7: Sep 18, 2007 08:32:45 am
      LMAO

In all serious note though I have to disagree with Harry R on this one. I do respect him as a manager and a very good man manager at that. But I agree with what oldred is saying here the scum have a lack of strength in depth and although noone is taking much notice of Arsenal I really think that if a title challenge is on the cards then Arsenal are the team we have to beat, and to be honest are our main rivals this season. If it goes all the way and it is us and the gooners at the end, I also think we will pip them due to their team being young and lacking that bit of experience to go all the way. I know we still have a young side but with a bit more experience in the big game department this time round.

There you have it and not an Arsenal strip to be found in my locker ;D.
      Jrwanderer
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 115 posts |
      • Team Spirit of Champions
      Reply #8: Sep 18, 2007 12:21:48 pm

:laugh: :laugh: ::)

I Don't f**kin thinkso! But I can see that Wenger is doing a god job!

Quick Reply