Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Squad after January

Read 8162 times
      Redman88
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Re: Squad after Janurary
      Reply #46: Oct 25, 2011 06:26:28 am
      Personally, since summer I watched the very first friendly games in Asia.. then, the friendly games in UK.  and then, when the official EPL games started,.. I think we STILL HAVE serious problems with the squad (talkin' about players' quality in several lines), as much as we have an "issue" with our beloved Kenny.
      Aye, I know, it's.. "forbidden" talkin' for.. "taboo" like these, former SUPREME LEGENDS like Kenny. But, if we like to talking SERIOUSLY and with sincerity, we need to.. JUDGE Kenny's managment, someday.. soon.
      Kenny is SUPERB to "inlight", to "puss-up" the lads, to inspire them. Also, he can set-up the team for a game.. And then, when the game starts,.. WHAT?? Kenny "proved" so far, that he can't change a bad situation during a game. If we're front in score, everything's fine. If we're not, that's.. bad! We CAN'T change a situation. And, we had a "LEGACY" on that; we DID that, very-very often, in the past. We could changed a game from a bad disaster to a superb victory.. But NOT NOW, not any more.
      Also, from my part, if you have "handy" about 120.000.000 pounds and you signed ONLY SUAREZ (a great name in national football) and few other.. "good" players (almost unknown to the rest of the world except Britain) - to me, very average quality's, for a team like ours,.. it's kinda of wondering how Kenny (or COMOLLI?!) is good enough to managing a large amount of cash and TRULLY make the team, SERIOUSLY stronger!

To me, in January Window's opening, we need the following:

- A couple of GOOD center-backs, equal to.. Hyppia's quality!
      - A great DM center, equal to.. ALONSO's quality!
      - One (or two?) good striker, because.. Suarez.. Carroll.. and Kuyt, they are a "bit".. FEW strikers, for a team like Liverpool!
      - And maybe few players less great quality's, to having them handy for resting the rest.

So, we're talkin' about.. at least.. 50-70.000.000 pounds to spend MORE, in January! (Don't think Mr Henry would spend MORE; he already did a lot, during summer).
      And makes you wonder, if we need additional 50-70.000.000 pounds more to spend,.. what Kenny did with the last 120.000.000 (including Suarez's signing)??

It just takes a bit of time for everyone to play well and when it does we will be flying. Man City didnt just happen over night. They signed a lot of players and it isnt easy for the manager because he needs to try and rotate to keep people happy and try and find the best formation to play certain teams. Hughes was sacked by Man City because they went through a period where they drew too many games back to back, if he was given time then im sure he would have done well.

The same applies with KK he just needs a bit of time because it isnt going to happen over night. We still missed Gerrard badly because he makes so many driving runs and relied on him too many times. The team just isnt the same when he isnt there.

Also KK has made subs that has changed games and created more chances. Bellamy vs Everton, Henderson Vs Utd, Carroll Vs Norwich

January i dont think we need any players and also it will be hard for them to settle through mid season. I would wait for the summer and hopefully by then we have won some cups and in the top 4. Once we are in the champions league it will be easier to attract more players.

I dont think we need 2 centre backs because we have 4/5 already so maybe get one when Carra decides to retire

strikers we have Bellamy, Kuyt, Carroll, Suarez so i think that is enough

also we have too many midfielders as well. All i would consider is someone that can run with the ball and create chances and score goals

I think we need a tricky winger like Eden Hazard and that would be a great addition to the team.
      Redman88
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #47: Oct 25, 2011 08:01:19 am
      Kenny is SUPERB to "inlight", to "puss-up" the lads, to inspire them. Also, he can set-up the team for a game.. And then, when the game starts,.. WHAT?? Kenny "proved" so far, that he can't change a bad situation during a game. If we're front in score, everything's fine. If we're not, that's.. bad! We CAN'T change a situation. And, we had a "LEGACY" on that; we DID that, very-very often, in the past. We could changed a game from a bad disaster to a superb victory.. But NOT NOW, not any more.

Also just remembered a few decisions he has made
      didnt KK bring on Raul to change the arsenal game as well ?
      Bellamy against everton where he went from half way down then line then fed Enrique who then passed to Carroll.
      Henderson against Utd where he almost lobbed De Gea and had a free header
      Carroll against Norwich where he has free header that just went wide

KK cant get everything right but im sure he knows what he is doing and we are heading in the right direction

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 2799 
      Reply #48: Oct 25, 2011 01:04:14 pm
      Too early to think about January.

Got to focus on getting some results and staying in touch with the top four.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #49: Oct 25, 2011 02:34:21 pm
      There may be some complaints from our Chinese fans if you don't change the thread title.

;)

B.O.T

It's hard enough dealing with the there and now, the squad could have gelled perfectly come January.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #50: Oct 25, 2011 03:31:31 pm
      I hope we sign a fast, dominant in the air CB, a winger and a striker and I think we will be set. I would settle for Cahill, Hazard and Higuain.

Possibly moving Wilson, Maxi and Kuyt on to make room.
      Bier
      Reply #51: Oct 25, 2011 03:53:31 pm
      I would settle for Cahill, Hazard and Higuain.
      I'm sure you would, but Hazard and Higuain aren't realstic options right now.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #52: Oct 25, 2011 04:16:11 pm
      I really doubt we will be very active this January.... maybe one addition, but I can't see us spending crazy money on anyone.  I don't think Hazard is an option anymore, as Lille will likely be looking for 30-40M for him, and that is just too much.  Also, with Affelay having just had a knee operation, I doubt we will inquire about him in January. 

If we only sign one player, in my opinion it has to be a player who can both create and score.  Someone who can make a chance out of nothing for himself or a teammate, and also has a knack for finding the back of the net.  Unfortunately, these players are hard to come by, and will not come cheaply in January. 

Players I would have on my shortlist:  Andre Schurrle, Shinji Kagawa, Diego Perotti, Antoinne Griezman, Stevan Jovetic, and Loic Remy.  Any one of these players would bring a lot of added creativity and flair to our attacking ranks.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #53: Oct 25, 2011 04:58:04 pm
      I'm sure you would, but Hazard and Higuain aren't realstic options right now.

I can't even see Higuain wanting to leave Madrid. His goalscoring record at the moment is top-class too.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #54: Oct 25, 2011 05:01:17 pm
      Carroll will prove us that we won't need a new striker...
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Re: Squad after January
      Reply #55: Oct 25, 2011 05:27:27 pm
      If we can find a defender able to make an intelligent pass, to replace Agger when he's not fit instead of playing with two technically ungifted CB hoofing the ball randomly or just giving it back, I think it's all we need (Coates can probably become as good as Skrtel or Carra defensively once adapted to english football but I doubt he'll ever become an Agger style creative defender).

For other positions, I agree, just let time to the team to gel.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #56: Oct 25, 2011 05:28:34 pm
      Carroll will prove us that we won't need a new striker.

No matter if Carroll proves a success or not, we still need another striker. For all Kuyt's hard work we need better cover/options than he can provide. 
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #57: Oct 25, 2011 05:41:48 pm
      Hope we leave it until simmer, don't see us in the market in Jan.

Leave it and see where we finish and lets leave the kitty to buy a top right winger and a mobile striker who will complement Suarez.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #58: Oct 25, 2011 05:57:15 pm
      No matter if Carroll proves a success or not, we still need another striker. For all Kuyt's hard work we need better cover/options than he can provide. 

My opinion is  that instead of signing a striker which would have to fight for a starting place, we should sign 1 or 2 AM/wingers who are creative and can score 10+goals a season.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #59: Oct 25, 2011 06:08:30 pm
      My opinion is  that instead of signing a striker which would have to fight for a starting place, we should sign 1 or 2 AM/wingers who are creative and can score 10+goals a season.

Who will have to fight for their place in just the same way as a striker would? We already have Downing and Gerrard, unless you are going to play 4 AM's?
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #60: Oct 25, 2011 06:22:35 pm
      Who will have to fight for their place in just the same way as a striker would? We already have Downing and Gerrard, unless you are going to play 4 AM's?

I'm not convinced by Downing at all. And I think that our "wingers" are not good enough. 
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #61: Oct 25, 2011 09:28:27 pm
      I'm not convinced by Downing at all. And I think that our "wingers" are not good enough. 
      Winger

Quick Reply