Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      62 (48.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      7 (5.5%)
      Pepe Reina
      2 (1.6%)
      Charlie Adam
      5 (3.9%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      0 (0%)
      Stewart Downing
      0 (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      13 (10.2%)
      Craig Bellamy
      30 (23.4%)
      Someone else?
      7 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Liverpool 1-1 Norwich - post match frustration

Read 48067 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Norwich
      Reply #552: Oct 22, 2011 08:06:03 pm
      We miss 2 stikers at home.....and as long as i have a hole in my arse Kuyt isn't a striker
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #553: Oct 22, 2011 08:06:11 pm
      The management staff and players need to have a good look at themselves and find a solution quick,otherwise we will be overtaken by teams in terms of where we want to finish come end of the season.

A quality striker should be our priority.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #554: Oct 22, 2011 08:06:31 pm
      Exactly my point. This game was something negative, last game too. Hence I should be positive? That's deluded. Being negative is not the same as being pessimist. I am trying to be optimistic, but that does not mean I will daydream thinking faith and honor will solve our issues all of a sudden.

You basically said previously that we should all be thinking "season over" because we are 4 points off 4th.

That's a bit different to being disappointed with the last two results, which could have been worse by the way.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      Reply #555: Oct 22, 2011 08:07:53 pm
      The management staff and players need to have a good look at themselves and find a solution quick,otherwise we will be overtaken by teams in terms of where we want to finish come end of the season.

A quality striker should be our priority.
      Sence at last, non of this we had a bad day
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #556: Oct 22, 2011 08:07:55 pm
      We are a poacher and a right midfielder away from a top 4 place
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #557: Oct 22, 2011 08:08:33 pm

An open game, with tons of open space, yet we fail to introduce the player with the best off-the-ball movement on our entire squad. Poor finishing, poor substitutions. Norwich have deserved their point.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #558: Oct 22, 2011 08:08:58 pm
      I was agreeing with everything you said hardcore till you said we didnt miss Lucas, we obviously did when you see how much space Norwich had in the second half and you see how little protection our centre halves had. Johnson didnt look fit either, there was none of his trade mark attacking runs

The difference between the first and second half was that we lost the momentum after half time. Had we maintained that momentum then Lucas wouldn't even have been mentioned as we would have had Norwich on the back foot for the whole game. My point is that our loss of momentum let Norwich back into the game as opposed to Norwich taking the game to us, it was us at fault for letting the game slip. As for Johnson, first game back and also a lot more disciplined under Kenny.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #559: Oct 22, 2011 08:09:03 pm
      An absolutely farcical result in all honesty. When you hit the woodwork 3 times then you know it just isn't going to be your day. Thought we were fantastic in the first half, we should have been out of sight at half time but that's the trouble, we were not.

I don't know why Carroll didn't start this game today but i have a feeling that something has gone on between Kenny and Andy, i'm not being critical of Kenny either. I fully trust him to deal with the situation, i just hope his non inclusion of Andy was more out of tactics than a form of punishment for Andy. I've been slightly worried lately with the game we played against United and the way we played today, you have to wonder how the two games would have ended had Andy been in the box for the large amount of crosses that were put in during the both games?.

Luis Suarez has got to change his game, the ugly part of it that is. He's like a Uruguayan Drogba at the moment and referees are getting sick and tired of it. Hey, i love Suarez but i can't stand any player that dives around like a faggot, even a Liverpool player. Had he tried to stay on his feet more often the outcome of the game could have been so different. He was brilliant today but that dirty side to his game will come back to haunt him if he carries on, just as it did Torres.

I thought Bellamy was playing really well and was very surprised to see him come off when Kuyt had such a nightmare. Bellamy was alive and alert to everything around him and was always fighting. Kuyt was abysmal, how he stayed on as long as he did i'll never know, Dalglish got it wrong there in my opinion. Everything that went through Kuyt was lethargic and a stutter instead of maintaining the flow of the move, breaking up the momentum.

Carroll missed a glorious chance at the end, he was fresh into the game and to blame the defeat on him would be unfair. To bring him on with just ten minutes to go was a mistake in my opinion, he should have come on instead of Henderson, he would have had more of a chance to impose himself on the game. Henderson was anonymous and i wonder how long it will be before he realises his potential?, i hope it's soon as he's being given plenty of game time. Really feel for the lad, that price tag weighs heavily on his shoulders.

Did we miss Lucas?. No we didn't, people are just picking this up from our lull at the start of the second half, we blew them away in the first half, this was never an issue. A defensive midfielder is not required at home against a team like Norwich ( with all due respect ). It was just one of those days in the end. How often do you see Reina drop a clanger like that?, once a season if that. It's hard to take but it's happened and we take it on the chin and move on together as a unit.

Everybody makes mistakes, quite a few people did today, Kenny being one of them along with Suarez, Reina and Kuyt. They are human beings, not robots. Onwards and upwards Redmen, the road is long.

Wow, well he didn't dive at all today. He is a player that is low to the ground and turns defenders, when he is fouled it appears that he is diving when clearly if someone kicks you in the leg it hurts. By the way, If you are calling Luis Suarez a faggot then your an idiot.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #560: Oct 22, 2011 08:09:38 pm
      Did we miss Lucas?. No we didn't, people are just picking this up from our lull at the start of the second half, we blew them away in the first half, this was never an issue. A defensive midfielder is not required at home against a team like Norwich ( with all due respect ). It was just one of those days in the end. How often do you see Reina drop a clanger like that?, once a season if that. It's hard to take but it's happened and we take it on the chin and move on together as a unit.

Second half- Norwich are attacking in full force on quite a few occasions. Who would you like to see in the midfield in that situation? Adam or Lucas?

A defensive midfielder is not required at home against a team like Norwich ( with all due respect ).

But mate that's the whole point. Our defence is bad ( and sh*te at times ) and hence a defensive midfielder becomes all the more important for us. A solid, sturdy defence wouldn't have seen us playing a defensive mid. for half of the games.

Lucas is more of a defence frontliner unfortunately. Today you have seen our defense crumbling at times at home, thus a solid defensive mid like Lucas is necessary for us.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #561: Oct 22, 2011 08:12:49 pm
      You basically said previously that we should all be thinking "season over" because we are 4 points off 4th.

That's a bit different to being disappointed with the last two results, which could have been worse by the way.

I never ever said season over, I'm just trully worried about these last horrible performances, and the fact that they could've been worse is actually reason to worry even more, not to be all happy and conformist and thinking about the bright future.

The problems we had need to be solved now, that's all I'm saying. So i'm being negative about our performances but still optimistic we can make it if the problems we have are adressed correctly in the VERY short term, which is different to say I have faith and think the future will be different and glowy because life is good.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #562: Oct 22, 2011 08:13:08 pm
      Seems to be the same old story, I'm afraid. Two more home points dropped!
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #563: Oct 22, 2011 08:13:37 pm
      We are a poacher and a right midfielder away from a top 4 place

I agree on the RM, I disagree on the poacher. Carroll is absolutely goo enough, it's up to Kenny to make him fit...
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #564: Oct 22, 2011 08:14:00 pm

On the issue of Lucas: Before the match, someone has posted a stat that we have allowed the lowest number of shots on our goal in our entire league so far. Something like 29 shots in 8 matches. Can someone tell me how many shots on our goal Norwich had tonight?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #565: Oct 22, 2011 08:14:37 pm
      Your obviously referring to Maxi Macred, it annoys me how under used he is this season, how bringing Agger on and pushing a left back forward is a better subsitution
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,016 posts | 228 
      Reply #566: Oct 22, 2011 08:14:56 pm
      bring back Raul
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #567: Oct 22, 2011 08:14:57 pm
      How have we not won 4 nil?

Fair play to Norwich but we should have been out of sight after 30 minutes. But our story this season to date is not taking our chances and giving up soft chances the other end.

Why Pepe came for that Ill never know, maybe wanted something to do? Norwich got some serious blocks in to be fair. Have to question Bellamy off before Kuyt or Downing
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      Reply #568: Oct 22, 2011 08:15:02 pm
      I agree on the RM, I disagree on the poacher. Carroll is absolutely goo enough, it's up to Kenny to make him fit.
      Kenny bought him !
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #569: Oct 22, 2011 08:16:00 pm
      I dont agree jabv on Carroll as you obviously know, dont think he is anything like a poacher we need
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #570: Oct 22, 2011 08:16:28 pm
      Your obviously referring to Maxi Macred, it annoys me how under used he is this season, how bringing Agger on and pushing a left back forward is a better subsitution

Yes CR, I am referring to Maxi.

A player with that type of a movement and game intelligence would have killed Norwich today, the way they were playing.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      Reply #571: Oct 22, 2011 08:16:41 pm
      Imagine what Rafa wuold have done with the money Kenny has spent
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #572: Oct 22, 2011 08:16:55 pm
      We miss 2 stikers at home. ..and as long as i have a hole in my arse Kuyt isn't a striker

Agree. Carroll should have started with Suarez. Kuyt shouldn't have been anywhere near that front line today. With the amount of crosses that were sent into the box today Carroll would have probably got a couple of goals. How many times did a cross sail over the heads of Suarez and Kuyt?, crosses that would have been nailed by Carroll.

Like i said earlier, i think something has gone on between Kenny and Andy or maybe i'm reading something out of nothing?. I hope it's the latter.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #573: Oct 22, 2011 08:17:36 pm

Not a surprise, really.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #574: Oct 22, 2011 08:18:26 pm
      Very disappointing result.