Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      62 (48.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      7 (5.5%)
      Pepe Reina
      2 (1.6%)
      Charlie Adam
      5 (3.9%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      0 (0%)
      Stewart Downing
      0 (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      13 (10.2%)
      Craig Bellamy
      30 (23.4%)
      Someone else?
      7 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Liverpool 1-1 Norwich - post match frustration

Read 46717 times
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Norwich - post match frustration
      Reply #713: Oct 23, 2011 04:06:14 pm
      Don't understand why Kenny brought off Bellamy and replaced him with Henderson (When is he going to show some form?) and then replaced Downing with Carroll. Why take off two wingers and THEN bring on a big centre forward. As for Kuyt, words fail me. If ever there was a headless chicken, he's it.

Because he wanted the wing backs to bomb forward and provide crosses with 3 at the back and mor bodies forward in-around the box
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #714: Oct 23, 2011 04:20:08 pm
                                                   reina

cara                skrtel                   agger
           glen            gerrard          lucas                enrique
                                  suarez            downing
                                               carroll

problem solved??
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1487 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #715: Oct 23, 2011 04:51:27 pm
      After all's said and done, we just closed the gap on the Champions
      WildIRL
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #716: Oct 23, 2011 05:11:52 pm
      It's just a bad run of luck as far as I'm concerned. We have played well for most of the season so far.

As a poker player it happens, you loose all your money with pocket Aces... it's about percentages... it happens.

All season we had only allowed 25 shots on target before yesterday.... that was the best stat of any team... yesterday 10 on target... shows how important Lucas is for us.

Stoke - one shot on target - goal
      Man Utd.. 1 shot on target - goal.

This my friends is unlucky..

I cannot wait till Suarez hits a purple patch, he will too.

Our off target shots have been solid, just misses, quaility in general.

We all have reason to be pissed off, but just keep the heads up, stop reading idiotic WUM's opinions and support the team and club.

I see way more positives than negatives... if we keep playing the exact same way, we will be in a higher position than we are now at the end of the season.

At least we didn't loose 6-1 at home in our Derby.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #717: Oct 23, 2011 05:56:16 pm
      No such thing a sluck in professional sport. We havent got that killer winning mentality that wins titles.Missed Lucas in the middle.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #718: Oct 23, 2011 06:00:32 pm
      Don't seem to be bad off a result now chelsea and the scum lost even though we should've won the game but hay next game please
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #719: Oct 23, 2011 06:09:52 pm
       The thing that annoys me the most is Man U and Chelsea played crap against Norwich and won
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,664 posts | 883 
      Reply #720: Oct 23, 2011 06:31:53 pm
      Don't seem to be bad off a result now chelsea and the scum lost even though we should've won the game but hay next game please
      But Newcastle, arsenal & spuds did. we are going for the CL spot, let's stay realistic and admit we arent good enough to win the league YET. It will come tho since we are going in the right direction. I am all for being optimistic and all that but getting our hopes too high leads to frustration when things arent going our way. Then that frustration  gets caught by players on the field. let's just take small steps and be patient.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #721: Oct 23, 2011 07:04:31 pm

Still pee`d off at yesterday , made enough chances to win 3 games first half .

To be honest in a results business like football ,£100 million spent on players and the results we are getting isn't good enough especially who we are dropping points against ,and that includes The Mancs .
       Â£35 Mill player on the bench if he nails his chance hes a hero ,but .............. ,  Charlies still a yard slow and needs stabilizers to stop him falling over , Downing needs to wake up and smell the coffee ,and Kenny slapping Jordan before he comes on doesn't seem to wake him up ,Andy got 5 Min's which isn't exactly enough to get yourself into the game ,but the other 2 and Dirk were big  let downs yesterday

All in all not to much damage done with the results today .
      City just just marked everyone's card with a terrific performances  , with the squad they have I wonder if it will be their year.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,276 posts | 762 
      Reply #722: Oct 23, 2011 07:31:54 pm
      After today's result Man U can't be far off, from being classed as just an average side that Liverpool failed to beat at home.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #723: Oct 23, 2011 08:02:02 pm
      I dunno look what city did to spurs as well. We will see how we get on against them in the next couple of weeks
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,276 posts | 762 
      Reply #724: Oct 23, 2011 08:05:16 pm
      The City game should be a great one at Anfield.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #725: Oct 23, 2011 09:09:34 pm
      Was in the back of beyond this weekend so saw little of the game.  Spoken to plenty of people who suggested we had the chances to kill this game off.

When I saw the result I was obviously disappointed, although it remains that improvements take time. 

I take a small crumb of comfort that this is now the 8th game we should have won this season.  Hopefully as the season progresses we will get more ruthless and these x number of chances per game will end up with far more of them going in the net.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1487 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #726: Oct 23, 2011 09:47:47 pm
      Was in the back of beyond this weekend so saw little of the game.  Spoken to plenty of people who suggested we had the chances to kill this game off.
      Well if 29 shots on goal is anything to go by. Bloody impressive stat there, regardless.

When I saw the result I was obviously disappointed, although it remains that improvements take time. 

I take a small crumb of comfort that this is now the 8th game we should have won this season.  Hopefully as the season progresses we will get more ruthless and these x number of chances per game will end up with far more of them going in the net.
      If we weren't creating these goal scoring opportunities, that would be cause for some concern.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #727: Oct 23, 2011 10:03:32 pm

We have a real issue up front.

Failing to put away chances on a couple of occasions can be called bad luck - but we are making a habit of it.

Plus if we give that much time and space in the centre against city, they will put us to the sword as well.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #728: Oct 23, 2011 11:02:03 pm
      Watched the game now.

Should have won.

Like I said before, I'd be far more worried if we weren't even having the chances.  I'm sure we will be fine.  I think we all know that Suarez was bought to be a creative influence.  We had Torres as a finisher.  A finisher is what we might lack, although to be fair some of those shots that hit the post could have gone anywhere and the keeper did pull off a couple of good saves.

Disappointed with the result and dropping two points.  Not disappointed with the football we are playing compared to just 12 months ago.

wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #729: Oct 23, 2011 11:17:11 pm
      Saurez 11 shots no goals reminds me of robbino excellent skills but couldnt score now back in brazil. Boletelli 4 shots 2 goals. Saurez must be due for a hat trick against swansea Torres received prayer from Luis before champions league game and scored 2 goals.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #730: Oct 24, 2011 04:39:23 am

Like I said before, I'd be far more worried if we weren't even having the chances.  I'm sure we will be fine.  I think we all know that Suarez was bought to be a creative influence.  We had Torres as a finisher.  A finisher is what we might lack, although to be fair some of those shots that hit the post could have gone anywhere and the keeper did pull off a couple of good saves.

This is what I said ( in the Luis Suarez Thread I think ). He is better as a chance-creating forward I think, so either Carroll come good as a finisher/poacher or we need to get somebody in there. Ideally Carroll would be a good choice, he just needs his confidence back I think.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #731: Oct 24, 2011 09:54:04 am
      Suarez needs to get his head up a bit and if Andy Carrol is now fit why havent we found a way to  play with him in the side as we are clearly missing a No.9.
      its all there in the team apart from the most important thing scoring goals.
      Its only 9 games we need to pick up a few points next couple of games before some tough games in November Chelsea and City I think.
      So apart form the goal scoring its 8 out of 10 but only 5 out of 10 for finishing.Could be worse could be a UTD fan.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #732: Oct 24, 2011 10:02:43 am
      Suarez needs to get his head up a bit and if Andy Carrol is now fit why havent we found a way to  play with him in the side as we are clearly missing a No.9.
      its all there in the team apart from the most important thing scoring goals.
      Its only 9 games we need to pick up a few points next couple of games before some tough games in November Chelsea and City I think.
      So apart form the goal scoring its 8 out of 10 but only 5 out of 10 for finishing.Could be worse could be a UTD fan.
      Have to say i agree with this. Looking at andy when he came on saturday he looked alot fitter. Im still bulling over saturday i keep seeing highlights and its irritating the sh*t out of me. I hope the players feel the same.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #733: Oct 24, 2011 10:28:12 am
      I must be getting sad in my old age, the image of Andy Carroll missing that header just cannot get out of my head.Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggg ggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh. I keep hoping that the next time I see it it actually goes in.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #734: Oct 24, 2011 10:32:28 am
      After the weekend I've just seen our glaring missed chances has become more frustrating.
      1 point closer to Chelsea and United. It could/should have been 3.
      29 chances created. 1 taken.
      I'm glad we are in the position that we continue to create so many chances,
      but surely we must start taking those chances or look to new solutions in January.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #735: Oct 24, 2011 10:45:33 am
      We're kinda missing something, if you ask me.

That kind of goal van der Vaart scored (the second one) or like how Man City players squared the ground ball into the box with pace for Aguero's and Balotelli's goals, those are the types we haven't been scoring often.

I think some of our players need to realise that team comes first before individual. Hate to say it but Suarez is one of them. Sometimes he needs to give it to a teammate who is in a better position to score. And Dirk Kuyt .. having got the ball from a very good position with Suarez in front of him and Carroll unmarked in the box, he chose to dilly-dally with the ball and eventually lost it withouth a shot or a pass the outcome.

Quick Reply