Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      62 (48.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      7 (5.5%)
      Pepe Reina
      2 (1.6%)
      Charlie Adam
      5 (3.9%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      0 (0%)
      Stewart Downing
      0 (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      13 (10.2%)
      Craig Bellamy
      30 (23.4%)
      Someone else?
      7 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Liverpool 1-1 Norwich - post match frustration

Read 46809 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Norwich - post match frustration
      Reply #736: Oct 24, 2011 10:47:53 am
      We're kinda missing something, if you ask me.

That kind of goal van der Vaart scored (the second one) or like how Man City players squared the ground ball into the box with pace for Aguero's and Balotelli's goals, those are the types we haven't been scoring often.

I think some of our players need to realise that team comes first before individual. Hate to say it but Suarez is one of them. Sometimes he needs to give it to a teammate who is in a better position to score. And Dirk Kuyt .. having got the ball from a very good position with Suarez in front of him and Carroll unmarked in the box, he chose to dilly-dally with the ball and eventually lost it withouth a shot or a pass the outcome.

I agree to a point, at times Suarez gets rapped up in his own little world. He does needs to look up sometimes but I don't follow that he only plays well up on his own. Look at his partnership with Forlan for Uruguay and the El Hamdoui link up at Ajax.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #737: Oct 24, 2011 10:51:10 am
      We missed Lucas sorely. Gerrard did not have a licence to roam, as he was having to cover Adam for the most of the game
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #738: Oct 24, 2011 10:58:27 am
      We missed Lucas sorely. Gerrard did not have a licence to roam, as he was having to cover Adam for the most of the game

Agreed. Lucas was a big loss.
      Our inability to keep a clean sheet has been as dire as our squandering of opportunities.
      Much to do and improve. We are back to full strength in the squad, but some of the players
      really need to start improving or Kenny needs to drop them, regardless of the price tag attached.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #739: Oct 24, 2011 11:02:27 am
      I really dont agree we missed lucas. Would he have scored? No. Would he have stopped ther goal? No it was just awful defending. I love lucas hes great but it wouldnt have made a difference we still wer attacking and played well. Its just very bad finishing the same story as united and lucas was playing.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #740: Oct 24, 2011 11:06:48 am
      I don't actually think we badly missed Lucas. Yeah, the Gerrard and Adam partnership was okay, though they lack the defensive discipline but we created more than enough chances to win the game.

Anyways, it was a home game, regardless if our little Brazillian plays or not, we have no excuse but to win the game.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #741: Oct 24, 2011 11:15:39 am
      f***in gutted we just cannot afford to draw these games felt f***in miserable goin home after the game. Why oh why did Kenny take Bellemy off?
      Kuyt was shocking he simply cant play there & Downing is becoming more of a passenger with every game.
      Carroll should have scored but you cant have a pop at him when he's only been on the pitch 2 minutes.
      Kenny sort it out please before its too late.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #742: Oct 24, 2011 11:30:21 am
      I still don't understand why we're not playing Carroll.

He scores against Everton, so we play him in 5 of the next 180 minutes....

Kenny has been making some stupid decisions these last few weeks. And Henderson must be played in the centre. He's being wasted out wide.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #743: Oct 24, 2011 11:36:13 am

Fair point but just to put another slant on it: was it Lucas we missed or just an extra body in the centre of midfield? I mean would Spearing in there alongside Gerrard and Adam have helped?

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #744: Oct 24, 2011 11:42:12 am
      Two harsh results against the mancs and Norwich have been a bit of a blow, but a someone once said "“It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up again that counts.”

imo we should have won both games by at least a couple of goals if we could take our chances. The fact that we didn't, doesn't alter the fact that we played good enough football to deserve to win them. That is not an excuse for dropping the points, just an indication that we don't need to panic just yet. . we just need to start putting our chances away.     
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #745: Oct 24, 2011 11:44:30 am
      Fair point but just to put another slant on it: was it Lucas we missed or just an extra body in the centre of midfield? I mean would Spearing in there alongside Gerrard and Adam have helped?

I'd have liked to have seen Spearing get a run out.
      Was a key cog for us at the end of last season.

Would like to see us try the 4-1-2-3 more often with Lucas or Spearing in the deep lying role.

Leave Gerrard/Adam/Henderson fighting it out for the two forward midfield roles.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #746: Oct 24, 2011 12:18:26 pm
      That kind of goal van der Vaart scored (the second one) or like how Man City players squared the ground ball into the box with pace for Aguero's and Balotelli's goals, those are the types we haven't been scoring often.

We would have scored an exact carbon copy of those City goals if Suarez had squared for Gerrard in the second half. We may have missed a lot of chances on Saturday but that one annoyed me the most. I'm still F***ing fuming about it, especially when I think it was Suarez going mental at Henderson for not squaring against Stoke!

Anyway, still pretty gutted about the result. I know 'it's only a matter of time' before we start scoring but we've been saying that since the Sunderland game now.

Got to get Carroll up there in and around the box to smash some of these chances home.
      Grey Gandalf
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #747: Oct 24, 2011 12:28:03 pm
      Carroll should be playing week in week out, a forward who costs £35 million shouldn't be on the bench unless he's injured or not match fit.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #748: Oct 24, 2011 12:31:21 pm
      Carroll should be playing week in week out, a forward who costs £35 million shouldn't be on the bench unless he's injured or not match fit.

Just like Berbatov?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #749: Oct 24, 2011 12:37:54 pm
      Interesting Suarez got a lot of votes yet he missed some great chances which is his job afterall. I know he is everyones darling but we need to look at players stats too.He needs to be much more clinical in his finishing for me.
      Wonder if Kenny will move Stevie forward with him this week when Lucas comes back,?
      the team is doing really well but just needs to finish of some of the great work they are doing.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #750: Oct 24, 2011 12:56:47 pm
      If we had 29 shots on goal would Rush ,Owen or Fowler have at least put one away. We haven't got a natural goals scorer in the team and the no.9 we have got hasn't really got started with us yet. We are still in a great positon to get CL football with only 9 games gone a nice 3 or 4 game winning run would help a lot.
      We just haven't clicked yet if we can do fairly quickly and get up into contention by the end of the year we will be in a great positon.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #751: Oct 24, 2011 01:45:00 pm
      There is alot of pent up frustration but Norwich played bloody well , there was 10s of chances we could have put away but we didnt thats football. There 8th in the league and 3 pts behind us. So dont get to frustrated !
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #752: Oct 24, 2011 01:55:48 pm
      There is alot of pent up frustration but Norwich played bloody well , there was 10s of chances we could have put away but we didnt thats football. There 8th in the league and 3 pts behind us. So dont get to frustrated !

We are Liverpool they are newly promoted Norwich! We were at Anfield!!!

andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #753: Oct 24, 2011 01:58:26 pm
      We were at home to Norwich our centre forward whp cant get a game cost more than their entire squad. We should have destroyed them.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #754: Oct 24, 2011 02:18:41 pm

Well, Berbatov has made 32 league appearances, and has scored 21 league goals for the Mancs' title winning side last season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #755: Oct 24, 2011 03:00:13 pm

But we all know why he cost £35 million and sh*t-stirring about it isn't going to help us is it?

Problem is, we've got better options playing ahead of him at the moment, so therefore what you are saying is wrong!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #756: Oct 24, 2011 04:13:31 pm
      But we all know why he cost £35 million and sh*t-stirring about it isn't going to help us is it?

Problem is, we've got better options playing ahead of him at the moment, so therefore what you are saying is wrong!

Only 12 goals in 9 matches tell a different story.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #757: Oct 24, 2011 05:26:15 pm
      Only 12 goals in 9 matches tell a different story.

I still think Bellamy should of started a few more games personally.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #758: Oct 24, 2011 06:08:47 pm
      Thought the team Kenny selected was spot on. Didnt agree with taking Bellamy off, should have been Downing for me who, after a good start has tailed off in the last few games.

Again we played some great football but there's no excuse for creating that many chances and just getting a single goal.

Suarez was fantastic overall but must start looking up at times, yes strikers need to be greedy but at times he doesnt look up. That chance where he should have squared it to an un-marked Stevie the prime example.

Lets keep things in perspective here, we are playing great stuff and are still coming together as a team. For me Man City are head and shoulders above everyone else at the moment but even after the disapointment of the last couple of games, we are easily as good as  United and the Chavs.

Lets win our next two league games against West Brom then Swansea and bring on Man City! We whipped them at Anfield last year and on top form at Anfield we can do it again.

Quick Reply