Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      62 (48.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      7 (5.5%)
      Pepe Reina
      2 (1.6%)
      Charlie Adam
      5 (3.9%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      0 (0%)
      Stewart Downing
      0 (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      13 (10.2%)
      Craig Bellamy
      30 (23.4%)
      Someone else?
      7 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Liverpool 1-1 Norwich - post match frustration

Read 46909 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Norwich - post match frustration
      Reply #690: Oct 23, 2011 11:53:01 am
      For me it was just one of those games, another day we'd have won that game 5 or 6 - 1, I really have no complaints.

Pretty much echoes my thoughts. The lads created a hatfull of chances and although it's a worry to see us miss so many and fail to put teams away when we're dominant you have to hope that the goals will start flying in at some stage of the season.
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #691: Oct 23, 2011 11:56:32 am
      We are gonna absolutley hammer a side in the next couple of weeks. We created so much and frustratingly passed up so many opportunities. Swansea at home in a couple of weeks is the game we're gonna rack the goals up, mark my words.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #692: Oct 23, 2011 11:57:41 am
      Lets be honest here Mac Red all yesterday came down to was not being clinical enough in front of goal, we had more than enough chances to win the game, on another day we'd have burried them in the first half alone, the signs are encouraging were creating chances, once we start putting them away we'll do alright.

We have created shitload of chances against Sunderland, Stoke, Mancs and Norwich, and yet we have dropped points. Our poor finishing is not a one-game problem.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #693: Oct 23, 2011 12:01:10 pm
      We have created sh*tload of chances against Sunderland, Stoke, Mancs and Norwich, and yet we have dropped points. Our poor finishing is not a one-game problem.

Kinda spot on. I wouldn't have mind if it was every now and then but it's happened in 4 out of 9 games. That's a massive 9 poinst dropped.

We just need the freaking stick the ball into the net and we'll be alright but easier said than done!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #694: Oct 23, 2011 12:02:21 pm
      We have created shitload of chances against Sunderland, Stoke, Mancs and Norwich, and yet we have dropped points. Our poor finishing is not a one-game problem.

No one has said it's not a problem, be much more of a problem if we weren't creating chances.  Still think we've looked ropey at centre back.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #695: Oct 23, 2011 12:02:47 pm

So whilst your critical of one of our midfielders in one thread stating "The sooner Adam is dropped from our midfield, the sonner we will start winning games", but in this thread you are of the opinion we are dropping points because our poor finishing is more than a one game problem. ;)

News for you mate Charlie Adam is not a forward.

But I do agree its our finishing that is costing us points and until we start being more clinical  in front of goal we are going to continue to drop points.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #696: Oct 23, 2011 12:09:28 pm
      West Ham created more chances than Man City last season, creating chances is not enough

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #697: Oct 23, 2011 12:25:17 pm
      Even though we are dominating teams for the majority of the matches, we are back in the old routine regards finnishing them off. Our expectations of fourth place is starting to look more and more unlikely. 7 deserved  points dropped in three games and the self destruct button played against spurs. 10 points down the swannee.  We deffo need a top quality finisher come Jan, but where from god only knows. Carroll should be given more minutes in my opinion, but only when the service is available. Don't think Kenny got the subs right, personell wise and timing wise. Adam was o'k. in first half but went completly missing in the second. At times it looked like stevie was playing as a third centrer back, far too deep and once again we invited them to come onto us. O.K. we should have been high and dry at half time, but as we weren't finishing the chances, the tempo should have been continued into the second half and adjustments made to counter Norwich changes. We done niether and once again were made to pay. So gutted, just so gutted.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #698: Oct 23, 2011 12:30:43 pm
      Sorry bout being aggressive mate. Stinking hangover, gutted with result. Ruins the whole weekend! Back to bed.
      OK my comments were an overeaction that came out of frustration at full time but your comments were purely abusive.
      I will take a deep breath at full time and post comments once i calm down.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #699: Oct 23, 2011 12:31:07 pm
      West Ham created more chances than Man City last season, creating chances is not enough

Nice stats that to drive home the point.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #700: Oct 23, 2011 12:31:31 pm
      If you ask me, we're doing everything right on the park apart from taking our chances. The football we're playing is great, defending-wise we're looking alright and the chances we're creating are coming thick and fast.

The only reason we're dropping points is because we're not taking the damn chances. OK the goal we lost last night was dreadful, and Pepe will be the first to put his hand up and say he was at fault for it, but if we can start scoring at the other end of the park these goals won't matter and we can then focus on our defending as our slight problem. We'll just need to crack on with the games and keep playing how we're playing, missing chances aside.

DALGLISH!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #701: Oct 23, 2011 01:10:43 pm

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I think most of you are think your in the Kneejerk thread,FF'S, if you get the chance watch the game again and then look at your posts and ask yourself if you have gave a fair assessment, i thought we played superb especially 1st half,
      from the off we were on the front foot and another 4'' lower we would have been 1 up inside 3 mins, playing Bellamy left side worked for me and would love to see more, Downing underperformed IMO and he needs to do more,Kuyt was sh*t to be fair and should have been benched, Adam's defensive duties let him down but what a f***in pass that was, 50yard pass on a sixpence, simply brilliant, Suarez, what can you say, two world class volley's, both goal of the season contenders had they found the net(had it been Rooney the media would have wanking all over it today) Big Andy should have been on sooner and Hendo did not have the impact from last week, did'nt think we missed Lucas first half but we certainly did 2nd, Hitting the post 3 times is very frustrating, but at least the chances are being created,
      someone sometime are in for a f***in tanking from us, cos one day everything is going to go our way, Suarez MoM again for me, his movement is a f***in nightmare to handle but he needs a bit of luck in front of goal that's all, and it WILL happen,

I think people are being unfair on Norwich, Paul Lambert has them playing good football and are not afraid to have a go as he said himself,

some of are being to harsh and need to calm the F**k down, we never got the result the performance deserved yet again,but that is football, sometimes you get the rub other times you don't, that was about the fourth time this season and it will most probably happen again, but it's swings and round-abouts and will turn around,  believe !!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #702: Oct 23, 2011 01:12:34 pm
      Liverpool should be beating Norwich at home irrelevant who there manager is
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #703: Oct 23, 2011 01:20:35 pm
      Liverpool should be beating Norwich at home irrelevant who there manager is

Agreed. Liverpool should be beating anyone at home regardless who the opposition is.

I miss these days :(

Xabi Alonso, incredible pass game
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #704: Oct 23, 2011 01:30:11 pm
      We have created sh*tload of chances against Sunderland, Stoke, Mancs and Norwich, and yet we have dropped points. Our poor finishing is not a one-game problem.

Agree it's not a one game problem. Hopefully Stevie will bring a few goals to the table and we might just see Bellamy in the side from here on in because he is so direct and looks like he's got a few goals in him. Finishing aside though, the lads played some good football yesterday but you've gotta put the ball in the net.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #705: Oct 23, 2011 02:35:11 pm
      Agreed. Liverpool should be beating anyone at home regardless who the opposition is.

I miss these days :(

Xabi Alonso, incredible pass game
      What a players. Alonso. Absolutely world class
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #706: Oct 23, 2011 02:36:36 pm
      So whilst your critical of one of our midfielders in one thread stating "The sooner Adam is dropped from our midfield, the sonner we will start winning games", but in this thread you are of the opinion we are dropping points because our poor finishing is more than a one game problem. ;)

There is a simple solution for both problems:

Carroll

Suarez

Downing - Lucas - Gerrard - Kuyt

Enrique - Agger - Skrtel - Johnson

Reina

Drop Adam, and start Carroll instead. Problem solved.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      Reply #707: Oct 23, 2011 02:41:02 pm
      There is a simple solution for both problems:

Carroll

Suarez

Downing - Lucas - Gerrard - Kuyt

Enrique - Agger - Skrtel - Johnson

Reina

Drop Adam, and start Carroll instead. Problem solved.

Kuyt out wide never fills me with confidence
      Matt_
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #708: Oct 23, 2011 03:16:21 pm
      Just watched the game against Norwich again and we didnt play that bad, just couldnt finish our chances. Adam & Kuyt are not 'Top 4' players, simple as that. Adam was a gamble, he came from Rangers Reserves and Blackpool so its been a massive step up for him and i have no confidence that he will come good, he is far too slow.

Although it pains me to say this, Kenny got it totally wrong yesterday particularly bringing Carroll on for Downing who is our main player who can cross a ball from wide positions. He must have put 4 crosses in yesterday that needed an Andy Carroll on the end of them. I agree Downing hasnt been at his best lately but even against Man Utd, he put 3-4 great crosses into the box with no one finishing them off.  Almost every comment on this thread has stated that if Carroll was coming on, we need the likes of Downing providing the crosses for him.

Another point is that Suarez is becoming too greedy for me. For all the hard work he does getting into great positions, he needs to pass sometimes. Gerrard got into some goalscoring positions yesterday when Suarez had the ball but Suarez shot instead of passing. He needs to become more of a team player.

All in all its early days, we are still in a european position without playing our best and drawing instead of winning so i'm not pushing the panic button just yet.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #709: Oct 23, 2011 03:42:32 pm
      Kuyt out wide never fills me with confidence

Well, he has played there in most of our best performances in the past 3-4 years, so I am not really worried about it.
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #710: Oct 23, 2011 03:49:04 pm
      Don't understand why Kenny brought off Bellamy and replaced him with Henderson (When is he going to show some form?) and then replaced Downing with Carroll. Why take off two wingers and THEN bring on a big centre forward. As for Kuyt, words fail me. If ever there was a headless chicken, he's it.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      Reply #711: Oct 23, 2011 04:02:58 pm
      Well, he has played there in most of our best performances in the past 3-4 years, so I am not really worried about it.

Which tells me we've needed a right winger for 3-4 years. Fair play to him though, he's done a job asked of him.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #712: Oct 23, 2011 04:03:14 pm
      Words fail me ,we were the better team once again but couldn"t kill off the game.It will be the rock we"ll perish on unless we change.

Quick Reply