Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Squad after January

Read 8188 times
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Squad after January
      Oct 23, 2011 08:23:38 am
      With loss of points mostly at anfield i feel like we need some changes. There are three positions where we might spend in the Jan those are RW ST and CB. I believe we need all three of those positions and throw out a one or two players. My team after Jan
      Reina
      Johnson  CB  Agger Enrique
      Gerrard Lucas
      RW Downing
      ST Suarez
      I believe we should get a older Striker and rotate him with Carroll but as we need and have seen a poacher with good finishing. Someone like Higuian but not as good because hes not leaving nor is anyone as good as him ATM. With Striker im not to sure ill leave that to you.

On the right wing i would love Lucas Moura. That would be my Christmas present. Forget about Hazard this lad is all class. Only problems he is Brazilian and how many Brazilians have succeeded INSTANTLY. Write that down. If we were not able to get him then  i would be perfectly happy with Adam Johnson.

CB Depending what price we could get Cahill will depend on if we should get him. I believe there is talent abroad such as Godin. Im not exactly sure with this one But we need someone. I havent been a fan on Carra STARTING this year and last year. Im sure he would want to be playing a bit less football even if he wouldnt admit it.

Thats all for ins but for outs It may have to be Maxi :( good spell towards last year but if we do get a right winger there is no room for him. Send him back Argentina in a good way. I think there should also been some loaning out.
      Submit your teams
      « Last Edit: Oct 25, 2011 05:11:40 pm by JD »
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Re: Squad after Janurary
      Reply #1: Oct 23, 2011 08:34:50 am
      For me I would like to see this
      Reina
      Kelly S. Taylor/Cahill Agger Enrique
                Gerrard            Lucas
      Navas (we can dream)       Downing
                Saviola             Suarez

For centre back, I think Taylor and Cahill would be reasonable targets and would both perform solidly if brought in.
      Navas at right wing, as he isn't at one of the top sides in La Liga, could relish the chance to play for us, Sevilla aren't small by any means, but they aren't Madrid/Barca/Valencia/Atletico
      Saviola up front, plenty of experience, has pace - for all Suarez can do dribbling, he isn't slow but hasn't got that pace that Nando had...and Saviola is a great finisher - something we lacked yesterday, being 29 he has the experience, but isn't likely to be as expensive as Higuain or any player of a similar calibre. I'm sure he would relish the chance to play here.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #2: Oct 23, 2011 11:28:09 am
      Navas no way good player he just cant leave his town not even in other places of spain
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #3: Oct 23, 2011 11:47:50 am
      Navas no way good player he just cant leave his town not even in other places of spain

And yet played very well in Sevilla's draw at the Nou Camp last night.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4: Oct 23, 2011 11:57:18 am
      FFS, another transfer style discussion and the windows still over 2 months away.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #5: Oct 23, 2011 05:27:28 pm
      Downing is the our worst signing at the moment. 0 goals, 0 assists.  I cannot understand HOW he is on the field while 55mil are on the bench  waiting for their chance to prove themselves. Even Carroll and Henderson who are heavily criticized have scored and been greater threats than Downing.

We need 2 great wingers.
      Walcott/Adam Johnson/Hazard/Muller/a German :P, a creative young CM and an EPL-proven CB.

Our wingers are still not good enough(or are not playing well). Henderson should play as a CM.

My ideal first team/squad after January:
                            Reina
      Johnson   Carragher    Agger     Enrique

Lucas
                Gerrard         Adam/Henderson
      Suarez         Carroll             New winger

Subs: Doni, Kelly, Flanno/Coates/New CB, Adam/Henderson/new CM, New winger, Downing, Bellamy/Kuyt

We have good players but when we compare the squad and the bench to ManU, Man City, Chelsea or Tottenham, you see that there's much more creativity and more good players there.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6: Oct 23, 2011 05:39:13 pm
      Navas had to have counselling sesssions prior to the World Cup in South Africa.  He suffers a severe form of home sickness. He aint leaving Sevilla never mind Spain
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: Oct 23, 2011 08:31:46 pm
      If were going to spend in January it needs to be on brilliance of the Suarez calibre or Alonsoesque types.

Whats out there in that bracket that would be available and come in the winter window? Not many I'd bet
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: Oct 23, 2011 08:55:32 pm
      It was there this summer we decided to go down the route of premiership proven though
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #9: Oct 23, 2011 09:00:13 pm
                               Reina
              Kelly New CB Agger Enrique
         New RM Gerrard Lucas Downing
                        Carroll Suarez 

Subs: Doni, Johnson, Bellamy, Henderson, Adam, Skrtel, New ST
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #10: Oct 23, 2011 09:23:48 pm
      If were going to spend in January it needs to be on brilliance of the Suarez calibre or Alonsoesque types.

Whats out there in that bracket that would be available and come in the winter window? Not many I'd bet

Still hasn't signed a new contract, and will have only 6 months left on his current one in January. If he decides to leave, we must be there. If he ends up at City, Mancs or Chelsea, we could say goodbye to the league title for another 3-4 years.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #11: Oct 23, 2011 09:31:46 pm
      I like the lad mac but do you think he is that good. Lot off clubs that can offer more money than us will be sniffing around him. He will be looking for big big wages and with his age im not sure if he is a Fsg signing
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #12: Oct 23, 2011 10:14:00 pm
      I like the lad mac but do you think he is that good. Lot off clubs that can offer more money than us will be sniffing around him. He will be looking for big big wages and with his age im not sure if he is a Fsg signing

CR, I've been following his career from the beginning, and he is probably the most complete midfielder in the World, under the age of 30. He's been trying for years to win it all with his childhood club and now, at the age of 28, he is at the crossroads. I don't think that he will follow the money. After all, he has never done that before. I think that he will go to a club where he can win it all. If FSG, Kenny and Comolli can sell him their vision, I think that we have a good chance of getting him.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #13: Oct 24, 2011 05:33:07 am
      We need two world class centre backs, a winger and striker. I think the centre backs are our main worry because Carra and Skrtel are not good enough anymore. Agger is easily our best defender and he's always bloody injured!
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #14: Oct 24, 2011 06:12:46 am
      we need to get gary cahill in Jan, and someone like mata, a provider aka Hazard.. lets hope we can get someone in for our right wing.. :scarf:
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #15: Oct 24, 2011 08:43:51 am
      I agree that De Rossi would be an ace signing, but he would be replacing Lucas (who frankly should not be replaced)

No CB needed - we have Skrtel, Agger, Carra, Coates and Kelly.

A right winger possibly - but not before Glen Johnson is tried there. If Maxi is leaving, then a replacement must come in for sure.

And a striker is a must, Carroll is not favoured(Or cannot play with Suarez - you decide)

and Suarez will get injured the way he is being kicked about and not protected by referees - and when he does, we will lose a big chunk of our creativity.

With regards to shipping out: Jones, Aurelio, Cole (PERM), Maxi, Spearing (Loan), Wilson (Loan)
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #16: Oct 24, 2011 08:44:10 am
      Oh....and Gary Cahill - no thanks - would rather have Steven Taylor.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #17: Oct 24, 2011 08:56:11 am
      I agree that De Rossi would be an ace signing, but he would be replacing Lucas (who frankly should not be replaced)
      De Rossi is not a defensive midfielder. He is an all-round midfielder with a complete game. Here is an example of his usual play:

Daniele De Rossi vs Bologna 2011 By Zouzinho

He is absolutely compatible with Gerrard and Lucas. If Kenny wants to pursue his idea about a 3-man midfield, De Rossi would be the perfect addition.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #18: Oct 24, 2011 09:01:05 am

No CB needed - we have Skrtel, Agger, Carra, Coates and Kelly.

A right winger possibly - but not before Glen Johnson is tried there. If Maxi is leaving, then a replacement must come in for sure.

And a striker is a must, Carroll is not favoured(Or cannot play with Suarez - you decide)

and Suarez will get injured the way he is being kicked about and not protected by referees - and when he does, we will lose a big chunk of our creativity.

With regards to shipping out: Jones, Aurelio, Cole (PERM), Maxi, Spearing (Loan), Wilson (Loan)

A striker is not a must UNTIL Carroll is proven to be a flop. The only flop at the moment is Downing.
      We need two very creative players. A CAM and a winger who can also score. If Carroll gets good crosses he'll score.
      He cannot prove his quality in 10 min/game!
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #19: Oct 24, 2011 09:01:34 am
      we need to get gary cahill in Jan, and someone like mata, a provider aka Hazard.. lets hope we can get someone in for our right wing.. :scarf:

Yer i'd take Hazard ,Honda ,Adam Johnson
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #20: Oct 24, 2011 09:07:17 am
      De Rossi is not a defensive midfielder. He is an all-round midfielder with a complete game. Here is an example of his usual play:

Daniele De Rossi vs Bologna 2011 By Zouzinho

He is absolutely compatible with Gerrard and Lucas. If Kenny wants to pursue his idea about a 3-man midfield, De Rossi would be the perfect addition.

i prefer us to play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 but Kenny often uses a 4-4-2 So that Suarez can play upfront but in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 Carroll should be at the head of the attack.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #21: Oct 24, 2011 09:08:38 am
      Saviola?!?! Howwwwww somebody comes up with Saviola when thinking of players we need, I will never understand.

If we are going around buying players like Saviola, while Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United are buying players like Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko, Park Chu Young, Mata, Silva, Sneijder? Then we're seriously fu**ed. We won't get close to top 4 with signing like Saviola.

And De Rossi is a fantastic player. But I don't think we can get him. If City are in for him, we've not got a chance. No Champions League, playing average football, meanwhile City are in Champions League, destroying the teams in front of them, and looking solid challengers for the title. We can't compete with them until we return to the Champions League.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #22: Oct 24, 2011 09:25:45 am
      Saviola?!?! Howwwwww somebody comes up with Saviola when thinking of players we need, I will never understand.

If we are going around buying players like Saviola, while Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United are buying players like Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko, Park Chu Young, Mata, Silva, Sneijder? Then we're seriously fu**ed. We won't get close to top 4 with signing like Saviola.

And De Rossi is a fantastic player. But I don't think we can get him. If City are in for him, we've not got a chance. No Champions League, playing average football, meanwhile City are in Champions League, destroying the teams in front of them, and looking solid challengers for the title. We can't compete with them until we return to the Champions League.

:gt-happyup: That's it, we should aim for the sky. Great players. No more players like Downing. We need very good players. We need to be better in transfer windows and we can buy these types of players if we're in the top3/4 in January I think

Quick Reply