Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Squad after January

Read 8185 times
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Squad after January
      Oct 23, 2011 08:23:38 am
      With loss of points mostly at anfield i feel like we need some changes. There are three positions where we might spend in the Jan those are RW ST and CB. I believe we need all three of those positions and throw out a one or two players. My team after Jan
      Reina
      Johnson  CB  Agger Enrique
      Gerrard Lucas
      RW Downing
      ST Suarez
      I believe we should get a older Striker and rotate him with Carroll but as we need and have seen a poacher with good finishing. Someone like Higuian but not as good because hes not leaving nor is anyone as good as him ATM. With Striker im not to sure ill leave that to you.

On the right wing i would love Lucas Moura. That would be my Christmas present. Forget about Hazard this lad is all class. Only problems he is Brazilian and how many Brazilians have succeeded INSTANTLY. Write that down. If we were not able to get him then  i would be perfectly happy with Adam Johnson.

CB Depending what price we could get Cahill will depend on if we should get him. I believe there is talent abroad such as Godin. Im not exactly sure with this one But we need someone. I havent been a fan on Carra STARTING this year and last year. Im sure he would want to be playing a bit less football even if he wouldnt admit it.

Thats all for ins but for outs It may have to be Maxi :( good spell towards last year but if we do get a right winger there is no room for him. Send him back Argentina in a good way. I think there should also been some loaning out.
      Submit your teams
      « Last Edit: Oct 25, 2011 05:11:40 pm by JD »
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Re: Squad after Janurary
      Reply #1: Oct 23, 2011 08:34:50 am
      For me I would like to see this
      Reina
      Kelly S. Taylor/Cahill Agger Enrique
                Gerrard            Lucas
      Navas (we can dream)       Downing
                Saviola             Suarez

For centre back, I think Taylor and Cahill would be reasonable targets and would both perform solidly if brought in.
      Navas at right wing, as he isn't at one of the top sides in La Liga, could relish the chance to play for us, Sevilla aren't small by any means, but they aren't Madrid/Barca/Valencia/Atletico
      Saviola up front, plenty of experience, has pace - for all Suarez can do dribbling, he isn't slow but hasn't got that pace that Nando had...and Saviola is a great finisher - something we lacked yesterday, being 29 he has the experience, but isn't likely to be as expensive as Higuain or any player of a similar calibre. I'm sure he would relish the chance to play here.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #2: Oct 23, 2011 11:28:09 am
      Navas no way good player he just cant leave his town not even in other places of spain
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #3: Oct 23, 2011 11:47:50 am
      Navas no way good player he just cant leave his town not even in other places of spain

And yet played very well in Sevilla's draw at the Nou Camp last night.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4: Oct 23, 2011 11:57:18 am
      FFS, another transfer style discussion and the windows still over 2 months away.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #5: Oct 23, 2011 05:27:28 pm
      Downing is the our worst signing at the moment. 0 goals, 0 assists.  I cannot understand HOW he is on the field while 55mil are on the bench  waiting for their chance to prove themselves. Even Carroll and Henderson who are heavily criticized have scored and been greater threats than Downing.

We need 2 great wingers.
      Walcott/Adam Johnson/Hazard/Muller/a German :P, a creative young CM and an EPL-proven CB.

Our wingers are still not good enough(or are not playing well). Henderson should play as a CM.

My ideal first team/squad after January:
                            Reina
      Johnson   Carragher    Agger     Enrique

Lucas
                Gerrard         Adam/Henderson
      Suarez         Carroll             New winger

Subs: Doni, Kelly, Flanno/Coates/New CB, Adam/Henderson/new CM, New winger, Downing, Bellamy/Kuyt

We have good players but when we compare the squad and the bench to ManU, Man City, Chelsea or Tottenham, you see that there's much more creativity and more good players there.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6: Oct 23, 2011 05:39:13 pm
      Navas had to have counselling sesssions prior to the World Cup in South Africa.  He suffers a severe form of home sickness. He aint leaving Sevilla never mind Spain
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: Oct 23, 2011 08:31:46 pm
      If were going to spend in January it needs to be on brilliance of the Suarez calibre or Alonsoesque types.

Whats out there in that bracket that would be available and come in the winter window? Not many I'd bet
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: Oct 23, 2011 08:55:32 pm
      It was there this summer we decided to go down the route of premiership proven though
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #9: Oct 23, 2011 09:00:13 pm
                               Reina
              Kelly New CB Agger Enrique
         New RM Gerrard Lucas Downing
                        Carroll Suarez 

Subs: Doni, Johnson, Bellamy, Henderson, Adam, Skrtel, New ST
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #10: Oct 23, 2011 09:23:48 pm
      If were going to spend in January it needs to be on brilliance of the Suarez calibre or Alonsoesque types.

Whats out there in that bracket that would be available and come in the winter window? Not many I'd bet

Still hasn't signed a new contract, and will have only 6 months left on his current one in January. If he decides to leave, we must be there. If he ends up at City, Mancs or Chelsea, we could say goodbye to the league title for another 3-4 years.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #11: Oct 23, 2011 09:31:46 pm
      I like the lad mac but do you think he is that good. Lot off clubs that can offer more money than us will be sniffing around him. He will be looking for big big wages and with his age im not sure if he is a Fsg signing
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #12: Oct 23, 2011 10:14:00 pm
      I like the lad mac but do you think he is that good. Lot off clubs that can offer more money than us will be sniffing around him. He will be looking for big big wages and with his age im not sure if he is a Fsg signing

CR, I've been following his career from the beginning, and he is probably the most complete midfielder in the World, under the age of 30. He's been trying for years to win it all with his childhood club and now, at the age of 28, he is at the crossroads. I don't think that he will follow the money. After all, he has never done that before. I think that he will go to a club where he can win it all. If FSG, Kenny and Comolli can sell him their vision, I think that we have a good chance of getting him.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #13: Oct 24, 2011 05:33:07 am
      We need two world class centre backs, a winger and striker. I think the centre backs are our main worry because Carra and Skrtel are not good enough anymore. Agger is easily our best defender and he's always bloody injured!
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #14: Oct 24, 2011 06:12:46 am
      we need to get gary cahill in Jan, and someone like mata, a provider aka Hazard.. lets hope we can get someone in for our right wing.. :scarf:
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #15: Oct 24, 2011 08:43:51 am
      I agree that De Rossi would be an ace signing, but he would be replacing Lucas (who frankly should not be replaced)

No CB needed - we have Skrtel, Agger, Carra, Coates and Kelly.

A right winger possibly - but not before Glen Johnson is tried there. If Maxi is leaving, then a replacement must come in for sure.

And a striker is a must, Carroll is not favoured(Or cannot play with Suarez - you decide)

and Suarez will get injured the way he is being kicked about and not protected by referees - and when he does, we will lose a big chunk of our creativity.

With regards to shipping out: Jones, Aurelio, Cole (PERM), Maxi, Spearing (Loan), Wilson (Loan)
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #16: Oct 24, 2011 08:44:10 am
      Oh....and Gary Cahill - no thanks - would rather have Steven Taylor.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #17: Oct 24, 2011 08:56:11 am
      I agree that De Rossi would be an ace signing, but he would be replacing Lucas (who frankly should not be replaced)
      De Rossi is not a defensive midfielder. He is an all-round midfielder with a complete game. Here is an example of his usual play:

Daniele De Rossi vs Bologna 2011 By Zouzinho

He is absolutely compatible with Gerrard and Lucas. If Kenny wants to pursue his idea about a 3-man midfield, De Rossi would be the perfect addition.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #18: Oct 24, 2011 09:01:05 am

No CB needed - we have Skrtel, Agger, Carra, Coates and Kelly.

A right winger possibly - but not before Glen Johnson is tried there. If Maxi is leaving, then a replacement must come in for sure.

And a striker is a must, Carroll is not favoured(Or cannot play with Suarez - you decide)

and Suarez will get injured the way he is being kicked about and not protected by referees - and when he does, we will lose a big chunk of our creativity.

With regards to shipping out: Jones, Aurelio, Cole (PERM), Maxi, Spearing (Loan), Wilson (Loan)

A striker is not a must UNTIL Carroll is proven to be a flop. The only flop at the moment is Downing.
      We need two very creative players. A CAM and a winger who can also score. If Carroll gets good crosses he'll score.
      He cannot prove his quality in 10 min/game!
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #19: Oct 24, 2011 09:01:34 am
      we need to get gary cahill in Jan, and someone like mata, a provider aka Hazard.. lets hope we can get someone in for our right wing.. :scarf:

Yer i'd take Hazard ,Honda ,Adam Johnson
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #20: Oct 24, 2011 09:07:17 am
      De Rossi is not a defensive midfielder. He is an all-round midfielder with a complete game. Here is an example of his usual play:

He is absolutely compatible with Gerrard and Lucas. If Kenny wants to pursue his idea about a 3-man midfield, De Rossi would be the perfect addition.

i prefer us to play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 but Kenny often uses a 4-4-2 So that Suarez can play upfront but in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 Carroll should be at the head of the attack.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #21: Oct 24, 2011 09:08:38 am
      Saviola?!?! Howwwwww somebody comes up with Saviola when thinking of players we need, I will never understand.

If we are going around buying players like Saviola, while Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United are buying players like Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko, Park Chu Young, Mata, Silva, Sneijder? Then we're seriously fu**ed. We won't get close to top 4 with signing like Saviola.

And De Rossi is a fantastic player. But I don't think we can get him. If City are in for him, we've not got a chance. No Champions League, playing average football, meanwhile City are in Champions League, destroying the teams in front of them, and looking solid challengers for the title. We can't compete with them until we return to the Champions League.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #22: Oct 24, 2011 09:25:45 am
      Saviola?!?! Howwwwww somebody comes up with Saviola when thinking of players we need, I will never understand.

If we are going around buying players like Saviola, while Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United are buying players like Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko, Park Chu Young, Mata, Silva, Sneijder? Then we're seriously fu**ed. We won't get close to top 4 with signing like Saviola.

And De Rossi is a fantastic player. But I don't think we can get him. If City are in for him, we've not got a chance. No Champions League, playing average football, meanwhile City are in Champions League, destroying the teams in front of them, and looking solid challengers for the title. We can't compete with them until we return to the Champions League.

:gt-happyup: That's it, we should aim for the sky. Great players. No more players like Downing. We need very good players. We need to be better in transfer windows and we can buy these types of players if we're in the top3/4 in January I think
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #23: Oct 24, 2011 09:30:31 am
      A striker is not a must UNTIL Carroll is proven to be a flop. The only flop at the moment is Downing.
      We need two very creative players. A CAM and a winger who can also score. If Carroll gets good crosses he'll score.
      He cannot prove his quality in 10 min/game!

Ok, so if Suarez gets injured, we wouldn't need another striker on the bench if Carroll got injured too..

We need another striker, we have Carroll, Suarez, Bellamy and Kuyt - thats it....Kuyt and Bellamy are played on the wings, so I don't really class them as strikers for us anyway.

We need a striker who will bang us 20-30 goals a season, and none of them will - Suarez will get 10-15, Carroll 5-10 and the rest will get the odd goal.

I for one fancy getting in Negredo from Sevilla

kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #24: Oct 24, 2011 09:31:29 am

So we don't have an overload of midfielders already? Henderson, Spearing, Shelvey, Gerrard, Lucas and Adam... De Rossi can come in, if 2 of them leave
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #25: Oct 24, 2011 09:40:22 am
      FFS, why is there a thread about January? We're still 2 months+ away. We don't even know whats going to happen in 2 months time.

We just bought a bunch of players. Buying more would just unsettle the team and isn't the quick fix. They need time to integrate with the team and so would future players. Some players would also settle quicker than other players.

Some may be doubting the quality of our current players. If you put your mind in a broader perspective, you'll realise the lads have only been playing together for just about 3+ months. Give our lads time and let us concentrate on our current squad. We're making heaps of chances, only just failing to capitalise on it and that can only be a sign of good things to come. Like I said, we don't know whats going to happen before January.

The most important players are the ones inside our club, not outside it!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #26: Oct 24, 2011 09:48:04 am
      So we don't have an overload of midfielders already? Henderson, Spearing, Shelvey, Gerrard, Lucas and Adam.  De Rossi can come in, if 2 of them leave

Personally, I have no problem with Adam leaving, in order to accommodate a top class player like De Rossi. Anyway, Shelvey is already on loan, so no need for anyone to leave. If Kenny continues with the 3-man midfield, it would look like this:

Gerrard (Adam) - De Rossi (Henderson)

Lucas (Spearing)

In my humble opinion, that is a pretty good midfield. A title challenging one.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #27: Oct 24, 2011 09:58:53 am
      I'd like to see KK bring in an experienced goal poacher, someone like Phillips (I'm not saying get Phillips!). Someone who can get goals from January to May for the Champions League.

Nistelrooy? Too old, but a proven experienced goal getter
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #28: Oct 24, 2011 10:05:24 am
      Ok, so if Suarez gets injured, we wouldn't need another striker on the bench if Carroll got injured too..

We need another striker, we have Carroll, Suarez, Bellamy and Kuyt - thats it. .Kuyt and Bellamy are played on the wings, so I don't really class them as strikers for us anyway.

We need a striker who will bang us 20-30 goals a season, and none of them will - Suarez will get 10-15, Carroll 5-10 and the rest will get the odd goal.

I for one fancy getting in Negredo from Sevilla

:o Suarez and Carroll can score 20+goals easily but they need proper crosses and service. Negredo would be a great signing for 15-18mil though. But the priority are wingers and CAM. And maybe a CB but we would need to sell a CB
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #29: Oct 24, 2011 10:39:16 am
      Personally, I have no problem with Adam leaving, in order to accommodate a top class player like De Rossi. Anyway, Shelvey is already on loan, so no need for anyone to leave. If Kenny continues with the 3-man midfield, it would look like this:

Gerrard (Adam) - De Rossi (Henderson)

Lucas (Spearing)

In my humble opinion, that is a pretty good midfield. A title challenging one.

Your pretty much right  apart from adam leaving. I think he is quality may be slow but they will make him more nipper and more agile. Another prob is his tackling but there are great dm who cannot tackle and with lucas on the other side im happy.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #30: Oct 24, 2011 01:24:45 pm
      Apart from the Left back Role, I don't think our first team has improved since Last season, but our squad has for sure.

Personally, I'd like to see Kelly given a CB role every so often vs weaker teams. I'd like us to sign a playmaker (Silva, Mata types) who can play wide or centrally, but for the time being, I'd  like Maxi to play in that role unless we play difficult opponents where 2 defensive midfielders are needed.

I feel Lucas, Spearing and Gerrard are more than capable in the middle for this season. Adam and Henderson as backups are good enough.

As for being Clinical upfront, stick Bellamy in the middle where he can get more opportunities at goal and watch him score 20+ prem goals this season imo.

With Carroll, he needs to pay further up top and actually hold the ball like how Suarez does and bring people into play. If he does this and works on his movement, I feel we'll have one beast of a striker.

I actually think our first 11 isn't all that  bad and defo top 4, but I just feel we're playing the wrong system and players. With 1 potentially world class or even world class attacking midfielder who can chip in with a few goals, we'll be complete....... if we play the right system.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #31: Oct 24, 2011 01:38:15 pm
      I think Hazard would be perfect. He also fits in with everything that FSG are willing to invest in, he is young (only 20), and he will no doubt improve and market value go up. I think Hazard and a CB will be a massive improvment to the team. Also if we could get De Rossi aswell, well, I cant wait!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #32: Oct 24, 2011 01:44:59 pm
      I really don't think we'll get Hazard in January. Possibility in the summer if we qualify for CL, but doubt very much if we fail.

As for De Rossi, I'd love to see him here with Gerrard pushing to the playmaking/Attacking role, but I feel it's all dependent on where we'll be come January.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #33: Oct 24, 2011 02:19:49 pm
      For me I would like to see this
      Reina
      Kelly S. Taylor/Cahill Agger Enrique
                Gerrard            Lucas
      Navas (we can dream)       Downing
                Saviola             Suarez

For centre back, I think Taylor and Cahill would be reasonable targets and would both perform solidly if brought in.
      Navas at right wing, as he isn't at one of the top sides in La Liga, could relish the chance to play for us, Sevilla aren't small by any means, but they aren't Madrid/Barca/Valencia/Atletico
      Saviola up front, plenty of experience, has pace - for all Suarez can do dribbling, he isn't slow but hasn't got that pace that Nando had. and Saviola is a great finisher - something we lacked yesterday, being 29 he has the experience, but isn't likely to be as expensive as Higuain or any player of a similar calibre. I'm sure he would relish the chance to play here.
      Firstly, do you really think Taylor is better than Carragher. Even though Carra's slow he's twice the player of Taylor. Secondly, Saviola is nowhere near good enough for us. Was decent a few years ago but Kuyt, Carroll or Bellamy is far better.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #34: Oct 24, 2011 02:53:13 pm
      Firstly, do you really think Taylor is better than Carragher. Even though Carra's slow he's twice the player of Taylor. Secondly, Saviola is nowhere near good enough for us. Was decent a few years ago but Kuyt, Carroll or Bellamy is far better.
      Personally I think he'd be solid, he impresses me for Newcastle, and maybe he could learn from Carra while Carra's still here? Saviola is 29, people are calling for experience, and he's a 'predator' has that natural instinct...whereas Kuyt is a more Defensive Forward, Andy is a target man (not a slow one, and got a great long shot) Suarez is great, but not got that great finishing ability, I was only saying Saviola because he's the TYPE of player we need and I couldn't think of one that would come - Higuain is too expensive, but we do need someone who 19/20 times is going to finish a chance. I don't watch ANY Benfica, so I was only going on what I know...but this is the type of player we need
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #35: Oct 24, 2011 02:55:42 pm
      What about playing Suarez as an attacking midfielder, that way you're playing Carroll as well? Drop Adam.

4-5-1
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #36: Oct 24, 2011 03:03:45 pm
      Surely it is squad after January?

And no I don't see it changing much.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #37: Oct 24, 2011 03:06:35 pm
      Apart from the Left back Role, I don't think our first team has improved since Last season, but our squad has for sure.

Personally, I'd like to see Kelly given a CB role every so often vs weaker teams. I'd like us to sign a playmaker (Silva, Mata types) who can play wide or centrally, but for the time being, I'd  like Maxi to play in that role unless we play difficult opponents where 2 defensive midfielders are needed.

I feel Lucas, Spearing and Gerrard are more than capable in the middle for this season. Adam and Henderson as backups are good enough.

As for being Clinical upfront, stick Bellamy in the middle where he can get more opportunities at goal and watch him score 20+ prem goals this season imo.

With Carroll, he needs to pay further up top and actually hold the ball like how Suarez does and bring people into play. If he does this and works on his movement, I feel we'll have one beast of a striker.

I actually think our first 11 isn't all that  bad and defo top 4, but I just feel we're playing the wrong system and players. With 1 potentially world class or even world class attacking midfielder who can chip in with a few goals, we'll be complete. . . if we play the right system.

Great post. Totally agreed but we need at least 2 creative players. A CM maybe and a winger.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #38: Oct 24, 2011 03:23:42 pm
      I'll give Kenny and the lads a few more games before I start playing football manager.

Still missing 1 or 2 top players, but this is still a relatively new squad. We all knew it wasn't going to happen over night.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #39: Oct 24, 2011 07:50:44 pm
      Oh here we go again...... This left back from Iceland...this right winger from Nigeria..FFS!

The latest signings are still settling into the club, lets get behind them first and see where we are in 8 weeks time.

In future we may bring one player in January and two in one out in the Summer...the way we used to do business, low turnover and constant improvement.
      lupus_hegemonia
      • Strong & Eternal LFC supporter!
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -9 
      • From Aegean Sea... we're coming to support LFC!
      Reply #40: Oct 24, 2011 09:12:00 pm
      Personally, since summer I watched the very first friendly games in Asia.. then, the friendly games in UK... and then, when the official EPL games started,.. I think we STILL HAVE serious problems with the squad (talkin' about players' quality in several lines), as much as we have an "issue" with our beloved Kenny.
      Aye, I know, it's.. "forbidden" talkin' for.. "taboo" like these, former SUPREME LEGENDS like Kenny. But, if we like to talking SERIOUSLY and with sincerity, we need to.. JUDGE Kenny's managment, someday.. soon.
      Kenny is SUPERB to "inlight", to "puss-up" the lads, to inspire them. Also, he can set-up the team for a game.. And then, when the game starts,.. WHAT?? Kenny "proved" so far, that he can't change a bad situation during a game. If we're front in score, everything's fine. If we're not, that's.. bad! We CAN'T change a situation. And, we had a "LEGACY" on that; we DID that, very-very often, in the past. We could changed a game from a bad disaster to a superb victory.. But NOT NOW, not any more.
      Also, from my part, if you have "handy" about 120.000.000 pounds and you signed ONLY SUAREZ (a great name in national football) and few other.. "good" players (almost unknown to the rest of the world except Britain) - to me, very average quality's, for a team like ours,.. it's kinda of wondering how Kenny (or COMOLLI?!) is good enough to managing a large amount of cash and TRULLY make the team, SERIOUSLY stronger!

To me, in January Window's opening, we need the following:

- A couple of GOOD center-backs, equal to.. Hyppia's quality!
      - A great DM center, equal to.. ALONSO's quality!
      - One (or two?) good striker, because.. Suarez.. Carroll.. and Kuyt, they are a "bit".. FEW strikers, for a team like Liverpool!
      - And maybe few players less great quality's, to having them handy for resting the rest.

So, we're talkin' about.. at least.. 50-70.000.000 pounds to spend MORE, in January! (Don't think Mr Henry would spend MORE; he already did a lot, during summer).
      And makes you wonder, if we need additional 50-70.000.000 pounds more to spend,.. what Kenny did with the last 120.000.000 (including Suarez's signing)??
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #41: Oct 24, 2011 09:23:51 pm
      Personally, since summer I watched the very first friendly games in Asia.. then, the friendly games in UK.  and then, when the official EPL games started,.. I think we STILL HAVE serious problems with the squad (talkin' about players' quality in several lines), as much as we have an "issue" with our beloved Kenny.
      Aye, I know, it's.. "forbidden" talkin' for.. "taboo" like these, former SUPREME LEGENDS like Kenny. But, if we like to talking SERIOUSLY and with sincerity, we need to.. JUDGE Kenny's managment, someday.. soon.
      Kenny is SUPERB to "inlight", to "puss-up" the lads, to inspire them. Also, he can set-up the team for a game.. And then, when the game starts,.. WHAT?? Kenny "proved" so far, that he can't change a bad situation during a game. If we're front in score, everything's fine. If we're not, that's.. bad! We CAN'T change a situation. And, we had a "LEGACY" on that; we DID that, very-very often, in the past. We could changed a game from a bad disaster to a superb victory.. But NOT NOW, not any more.
      Also, from my part, if you have "handy" about 120.000.000 pounds and you signed ONLY SUAREZ (a great name in national football) and few other.. "good" players (almost unknown to the rest of the world except Britain) - to me, very average quality's, for a team like ours,.. it's kinda of wondering how Kenny (or COMOLLI?!) is good enough to managing a large amount of cash and TRULLY make the team, SERIOUSLY stronger!

- One (or two?) good striker, because.. Suarez.. Carroll.. and Kuyt, they are a "bit".. FEW strikers, for a team like Liverpool!
      - And maybe few players less great quality's, to having them handy for resting the rest.

So, we're talkin' about.. at least.. 50-70.000.000 pounds to spend MORE, in January! (Don't think Mr Henry would spend MORE; he already did a lot, during summer).
      And makes you wonder, if we need additional 50-70.000.000 pounds more to spend,.. what Kenny did with the last 120.000.000 (including Suarez's signing)??

A couple of centre backs is excessive.. You could make a case for signing one more for when Carra eventually retires, but we've got Coates in now and hopefully Agger's going to be fit enough to play a part.

I agree, another defensive midfielder wouldn't go amiss, as well as another striker. It's a shame we didn't get Wickham because I thought he'd be perfect for what we needed.

My main issue is still right midfield though. Henderson is clearly a better centre mid, Kuyt is.. Kuyt, Downing can play there, as could Bellamy I suppose, but we still lack a proper first class winger to put into the starting 11. Eden Hazard would be my number one pick, but of course that's a hopeful one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42: Oct 24, 2011 10:22:44 pm
      De Rossi?! I think we all know that isn't going to happen without being in the Champions League.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #43: Oct 24, 2011 10:54:56 pm
      Some people on here have been playing a tad too much FIFA.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #44: Oct 25, 2011 12:29:19 am
      Some people on here have been playing a tad too much FIFA.

Agree. I don't understand why we are talking about January, we still have plenty of time til then.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #45: Oct 25, 2011 01:37:04 am
      Personally, since summer I watched the very first friendly games in Asia.. then, the friendly games in UK.  and then, when the official EPL games started,.. I think we STILL HAVE serious problems with the squad (talkin' about players' quality in several lines), as much as we have an "issue" with our beloved Kenny.

:roll:
      The team is still F***ing gelling!!! :mad:
      Redman88
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #46: Oct 25, 2011 06:26:28 am

It just takes a bit of time for everyone to play well and when it does we will be flying. Man City didnt just happen over night. They signed a lot of players and it isnt easy for the manager because he needs to try and rotate to keep people happy and try and find the best formation to play certain teams. Hughes was sacked by Man City because they went through a period where they drew too many games back to back, if he was given time then im sure he would have done well.

The same applies with KK he just needs a bit of time because it isnt going to happen over night. We still missed Gerrard badly because he makes so many driving runs and relied on him too many times. The team just isnt the same when he isnt there.

Also KK has made subs that has changed games and created more chances. Bellamy vs Everton, Henderson Vs Utd, Carroll Vs Norwich

January i dont think we need any players and also it will be hard for them to settle through mid season. I would wait for the summer and hopefully by then we have won some cups and in the top 4. Once we are in the champions league it will be easier to attract more players.

I dont think we need 2 centre backs because we have 4/5 already so maybe get one when Carra decides to retire

strikers we have Bellamy, Kuyt, Carroll, Suarez so i think that is enough

also we have too many midfielders as well. All i would consider is someone that can run with the ball and create chances and score goals

I think we need a tricky winger like Eden Hazard and that would be a great addition to the team.
      Redman88
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #47: Oct 25, 2011 08:01:19 am

Also just remembered a few decisions he has made
      didnt KK bring on Raul to change the arsenal game as well ?
      Bellamy against everton where he went from half way down then line then fed Enrique who then passed to Carroll.
      Henderson against Utd where he almost lobbed De Gea and had a free header
      Carroll against Norwich where he has free header that just went wide

KK cant get everything right but im sure he knows what he is doing and we are heading in the right direction

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #48: Oct 25, 2011 01:04:14 pm
      Too early to think about January.

Got to focus on getting some results and staying in touch with the top four.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #49: Oct 25, 2011 02:34:21 pm
      There may be some complaints from our Chinese fans if you don't change the thread title.

;)

B.O.T

It's hard enough dealing with the there and now, the squad could have gelled perfectly come January.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #50: Oct 25, 2011 03:31:31 pm
      I hope we sign a fast, dominant in the air CB, a winger and a striker and I think we will be set. I would settle for Cahill, Hazard and Higuain.

Possibly moving Wilson, Maxi and Kuyt on to make room.
      Bier
      Reply #51: Oct 25, 2011 03:53:31 pm
      I would settle for Cahill, Hazard and Higuain.
      I'm sure you would, but Hazard and Higuain aren't realstic options right now.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #52: Oct 25, 2011 04:16:11 pm
      I really doubt we will be very active this January.... maybe one addition, but I can't see us spending crazy money on anyone.  I don't think Hazard is an option anymore, as Lille will likely be looking for 30-40M for him, and that is just too much.  Also, with Affelay having just had a knee operation, I doubt we will inquire about him in January. 

If we only sign one player, in my opinion it has to be a player who can both create and score.  Someone who can make a chance out of nothing for himself or a teammate, and also has a knack for finding the back of the net.  Unfortunately, these players are hard to come by, and will not come cheaply in January. 

Players I would have on my shortlist:  Andre Schurrle, Shinji Kagawa, Diego Perotti, Antoinne Griezman, Stevan Jovetic, and Loic Remy.  Any one of these players would bring a lot of added creativity and flair to our attacking ranks.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #53: Oct 25, 2011 04:58:04 pm
      I'm sure you would, but Hazard and Higuain aren't realstic options right now.

I can't even see Higuain wanting to leave Madrid. His goalscoring record at the moment is top-class too.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #54: Oct 25, 2011 05:01:17 pm
      Carroll will prove us that we won't need a new striker...
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Re: Squad after January
      Reply #55: Oct 25, 2011 05:27:27 pm
      If we can find a defender able to make an intelligent pass, to replace Agger when he's not fit instead of playing with two technically ungifted CB hoofing the ball randomly or just giving it back, I think it's all we need (Coates can probably become as good as Skrtel or Carra defensively once adapted to english football but I doubt he'll ever become an Agger style creative defender).

For other positions, I agree, just let time to the team to gel.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #56: Oct 25, 2011 05:28:34 pm
      Carroll will prove us that we won't need a new striker.

No matter if Carroll proves a success or not, we still need another striker. For all Kuyt's hard work we need better cover/options than he can provide. 
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #57: Oct 25, 2011 05:41:48 pm
      Hope we leave it until simmer, don't see us in the market in Jan.

Leave it and see where we finish and lets leave the kitty to buy a top right winger and a mobile striker who will complement Suarez.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #58: Oct 25, 2011 05:57:15 pm
      No matter if Carroll proves a success or not, we still need another striker. For all Kuyt's hard work we need better cover/options than he can provide. 

My opinion is  that instead of signing a striker which would have to fight for a starting place, we should sign 1 or 2 AM/wingers who are creative and can score 10+goals a season.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #59: Oct 25, 2011 06:08:30 pm
      My opinion is  that instead of signing a striker which would have to fight for a starting place, we should sign 1 or 2 AM/wingers who are creative and can score 10+goals a season.

Who will have to fight for their place in just the same way as a striker would? We already have Downing and Gerrard, unless you are going to play 4 AM's?
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #60: Oct 25, 2011 06:22:35 pm
      Who will have to fight for their place in just the same way as a striker would? We already have Downing and Gerrard, unless you are going to play 4 AM's?

I'm not convinced by Downing at all. And I think that our "wingers" are not good enough. 
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #61: Oct 25, 2011 09:28:27 pm
      I'm not convinced by Downing at all. And I think that our "wingers" are not good enough. 
      Winger

Quick Reply