Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

We're putting too much pressure on the team

Read 3638 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: We're putting too much pressure on the team
      Reply #23: Oct 26, 2011 09:49:04 am
      I don't think the pressure is or should be a problem for the players and as several posters have pointed out, it comes with the territory at LFC and the minute it goes we really are in big trouble. I think it's more important that the fans lose the fear factor (the fear of losing) because that does have an effect on the team on matchdays. My only live game this season was against the mancs the other weekend and once they equalised there was a real tension in the air for the last 10 minutes. The support got very quiet and the nervousness in the stands crept on to the pitch. We were all nervous about losing the game instead of roaring the team on to respond. You could feel it all around the stadium. Of course the only way for that to truly change is for the team to start doing it on the pitch on a REGULAR basis. I can't remember the last time we came back from a goal (or two) down to win a game and because of that, when we go one down I don't have much confidence in the lads turning it around. Likewise when we're only a goal ahead I genuinely can't relax until the 2nd goes in because we've been prone to conceding equalisers fairly late in the game for some time now and are not a great side at winning games 1-0.

It's classic chicken and the egg. If the team start doing it the fans will believe and opposition teams will sh*t themselves again like they used to but it's up to Kenny and the players to make it happen.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Re: We're putting too much pressure on the team
      Reply #24: Oct 26, 2011 11:34:55 am
      I think the team is putting too much pressure on the fans and boy does it show on the forum when results dont go our way.

Quick Reply