Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Grand Theft Auto V

Read 39557 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Grand Theft Auto V
      Reply #184: Oct 01, 2013 10:02:30 am
      My car came back! I was near Franklin's place in Vinewood so thought I'd check the garage just in case and there it was  :f_doh:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #185: Oct 01, 2013 10:10:26 am
      My car came back! I was near Franklin's place in Vinewood so thought I'd check the garage just in case and there it was  :f_doh:

Now what do you do?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #186: Oct 01, 2013 04:47:49 pm

Well exactly. They've advised against letting another character drive it is I've ended up putting it back in Franklin's garage  :confused-smiley-013:
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #187: Oct 02, 2013 05:13:57 pm
      Well.. Dunno about you guys, but online is a mess for me! I don't think us PS3 users have even been able to get on. A mate of mine on Xbox played for a couple of hours last night and said he's going to struggle to finish the single player because online is so awesome. Looking forward to when it finally works for me!
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #188: Oct 02, 2013 05:15:50 pm
      GTA was not working for me on PS3 but I'm online now. It's working pretty well now tbh.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #189: Oct 02, 2013 08:08:28 pm
      Well.. Dunno about you guys, but online is a mess for me! I don't think us PS3 users have even been able to get on. A mate of mine on Xbox played for a couple of hours last night and said he's going to struggle to finish the single player because online is so awesome. Looking forward to when it finally works for me!

I would assume maybe a few kinks with the servers or something, always seem to happen
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #190: Oct 09, 2013 09:13:01 am
      I've been hit by one of the many bugs in the single player.

Done 43 missions and can't do anymore.  Completed the 'Surveying the Score' mission where you scope out the robbery in the helicopter and after it nothing else appears.

Apparently you were supposed to switch back to Michael but I completed the mission in the helicopter.

Pissing me off, I don't really want to go back to an old save because I'd have to replay about 15 missions - and Rockstar only seem interested in correcting the online issues.

Hope they sort it out quickly.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #191: Oct 09, 2013 10:36:12 am
      I've been hit by one of the many bugs in the single player.

Done 43 missions and can't do anymore.  Completed the 'Surveying the Score' mission where you scope out the robbery in the helicopter and after it nothing else appears.

Apparently you were supposed to switch back to Michael but I completed the mission in the helicopter.

Pissing me off, I don't really want to go back to an old save because I'd have to replay about 15 missions - and Rockstar only seem interested in correcting the online issues.

Hope they sort it out quickly.

Oh sh*t, that would really piss me off!
      Have you tried going into the pause menu > Game > Replay mission?

I have encountered a few bugs ( not least the vanishing car) but have managed to overcome them one way or another.
      On one mission where you have to drive to the docks, I stopped my van inches short of the yellow marker that starts the mission but it wouldn't let me move it again. Walking over the marker didn't work either, it had to be the vehicle. I had to run off, jump in a fork-lift truck and use that to ram the van over the marker! Worked, amazingly.
      Also last night, I encountered a ghost of Michael, he was standing there and I could punch or shoot him with no reaction, very surreal when you're so used to seeing him animated.

Completed the main missions last night, going to go back and choose a different ending though. THEN I'll have a go online.
      « Last Edit: Oct 09, 2013 10:41:36 am by Reprobate »
      Bier
      Reply #192: Oct 09, 2013 11:54:04 am
      Online still has major issues. I lost my level 53 character the other day, along with more than 2 million and my house etc. And now each time I make a new character their stats won't progress, So I've stopped playing.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #193: Oct 09, 2013 12:36:21 pm
      HUGE spoiler below so only highlight it if you have already completed the main storyline:

>>>I completed the game last night and when it came to the point where you choose the ending, I knew that most would pick the last option where all 3 characters survive. I thought I would do it differently and choose to kill Michael, he'd been a devious f**ker after all.
      Feel gutted now though! As soon as you say you're sure that's the option you want, there is no turning back. There is one part where you have a further option but regardless of what you choose, Michael dies and I had a feeling of guilt as soon as I did it.
      What I didn't realise is that once you've gone through with one of the 3 scenarios, you can't change your mind, Michael is now dead.
      I chose 'Replay mission' and tried the third ending but once that's done, the game restores to the point where you've already killed Michael.
      Feel like a right tw*t and wish I hadn't done it now.
      <<<
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #194: Oct 09, 2013 12:47:46 pm
      Have you tried going into the pause menu > Game > Replay mission?

Completed the main missions last night, going to go back and choose a different ending though. THEN I'll have a go online.

Tried the replay mission thing - but you complete it and then it takes you back to wherever you were up to.

And yes, I had wanted to complete the single player before getting online but until they come up with a fix, or I bite the bullet and go back a fair bit then it's took some serious shine off the game for me.  Bit disappointing.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #195: Oct 11, 2013 10:37:29 am
      Been playing this online this last week with some mates on the xbox, it's got to be the most fun i have had since i was a kid...

Havent played the story mode yet, just online and it's already been worth it
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #196: Oct 11, 2013 03:01:45 pm
      I started the online today and I will admit I was skeptical at first about it but I can see I will get many hour of enjoyment doing missions and hunting over users down in the free world
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #197: Oct 13, 2013 01:43:50 pm
      HUGE spoiler below so only highlight it if you have already completed the main storyline:

I couldn't choose, so I didn't, but I can imagine how you feel now.

On a plus note, gta online seems to working fine now, was on it most of last night and for a nice change didn't have any problems connecting. And the news about us getting a half a mill from rockstar is only good news :)
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #198: Oct 13, 2013 02:38:29 pm

I couldn't choose, so I didn't, but I can imagine how you feel now.

On a plus note, gta online seems to working fine now, was on it most of last night and for a nice change didn't have any problems connecting. And the news about us getting a half a mill from rockstar is only good news :)

Also, for those that don't know R* are offering a free 500k to every online player in two 250k installments to say sorry for the online issues. Not sure if there's a time limit on the offer, though I did read you had to log on and play by the end of the October to get the monies.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #199: Oct 14, 2013 12:11:54 pm
      Also, for those that don't know R* are offering a free 500k to every online player in two 250k installments to say sorry for the online issues. Not sure if there's a time limit on the offer, though I did read you had to log on and play by the end of the October to get the monies.

Should've really explained that myself, so thanks for telling people what I should have :)
      Was talked into some races by friends and not that I dislike racing, I just didn't buy this game for racing, however it was tons of fun and plenty of money won xp or rp whichever was won my personal fav was route 68 point to point race on motorbikes, loads of bodies flying everywhere after being "nudged" from behind ;D. Still prefer the phone jobs though but still it was a nice change :)
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #200: Oct 16, 2013 09:52:45 pm
      Don't know if anyone has mentioned this in here but, if you go onto the internet on your phone (in-game, Online) you can get yourself a free car from the legendary autosports bit (cant remember the exact name) the car itself is pretty decent and you can customise it a bit so it looks pretty cool. annis elegy rh8 is the name of it... you cant sell it but it is pretty rapid.

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #201: Oct 20, 2013 04:20:15 pm
      Any ever complete survival tasks? I seem to only get to about 7 or 8 waves before team gets overwhelmed
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #202: Oct 20, 2013 05:32:24 pm
      I've got to the final wave a couple of times (only when there's 4 of us) but cant seem to finish it...

I'll attempting it again in a while
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #203: Oct 25, 2013 11:15:25 am
      I've got to the final wave a couple of times (only when there's 4 of us) but cant seem to finish it...I'll attempting it again in a while

Me and 3 others finally did it last night, we done the scrapyard one, was difficult especially the final wave, but the mini-guns dotted about the map certainly helped against the helis :)

On another note anyone else annoyed with the fact they keep messing with the missions, cutting the money and after you've done it once cut it in half. where as the racing money has being boosted. the racing is fun, but I really don't think anyone bought this game for racing, they should concentrate on making the missions worth doing as some of them are really hard and the most I've had is 25000 from a job, where as spending an hour or so racing with some friends I got 150000, I only won a couple of times, and as a race lasts about 5mins, and most missions it takes 5 mins to get there, I think they need to boost the jobs, by a lot. Might just be me moaning caus Iam not a big race fan but still. :P
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #204: Oct 27, 2013 03:02:39 pm
      Me and 3 others finally did it last night, we done the scrapyard one, was difficult especially the final wave, but the mini-guns dotted about the map certainly helped against the helis :)

On another note anyone else annoyed with the fact they keep messing with the missions, cutting the money and after you've done it once cut it in half. where as the racing money has being boosted. the racing is fun, but I really don't think anyone bought this game for racing, they should concentrate on making the missions worth doing as some of them are really hard and the most I've had is 25000 from a job, where as spending an hour or so racing with some friends I got 150000, I only won a couple of times, and as a race lasts about 5mins, and most missions it takes 5 mins to get there, I think they need to boost the jobs, by a lot. Might just be me moaning caus Iam not a big race fan but still. :P

Yeah I often wonder how people got such high levels and when I was in a lobby played race coarse wasn't a mile long (Just a circle), played it a bunch of times and jump up a few levels and collected over 50k. I say there is a lot of boosting as certain vehicle mods require you to win so many races.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #205: Oct 27, 2013 06:39:58 pm
      they seem to have changed the survibal mode, the usual "camping spots2 are now out of bounds and says you need to go back to the shootout.

However there are now spots you can play and they dont spawn near you making it pretty easy to finish because the helicopters arent nearly as hard.

still loving the game, make $200k the other night while i was drinkin, not paying attention just having a laugh with mates
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #206: Oct 28, 2013 02:48:03 am
      still loving the game, make $200k the other night while i was drinkin, not paying attention just having a laugh with mates

Best thing about the game, can easily play for a couple of hours doing different things, races, job, missions messing about, time seems to fly by. :)

On another note, the first dlc that's coming out will feature new clothes, hairstyles, missions ect and a custom bit where you can make youre own races and hopefully missions and best of all its going to be free :D Gotta love rockstar :) don't really know when its due out, but I'll put it up when I know.

Quick Reply