Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match against Stoke?

Sebastian Coates
      5 (3%)
      Daniel Agger
      4 (2.4%)
      Jay Spearing
      3 (1.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      5 (3%)
      Martin Kelly
      0 (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      143 (85.1%)
      Andy Carroll
      5 (3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 162

Voting closed: Nov 02, 2011 08:48:48 pm

Stoke 1-2 Liverpool (In game and Post Match Cup Fever)

Read 34841 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Stoke 1-2 Liverpool (In game and Post Match Cup Fever)
      Reply #598: Oct 27, 2011 12:06:01 am
      Commentator has it in for Luis doesnt he  >:(
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #599: Oct 27, 2011 12:07:57 am
      Some ball that by Hendo
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #600: Oct 27, 2011 12:12:51 am
      Hendo played a good part in the first goal too, watch his run, it takes Huth out of the game and opens up the space for Suarez to work his magic.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #601: Oct 27, 2011 12:47:13 am
      I just can't get enough.....of Suarez kissing the Crest and showing everyone who is the F****** BEST!
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #602: Oct 27, 2011 12:48:51 am
      Was impressed with the whole team today, well played lads! Particularly with Spearing, Hendo and Kelly. Carroll is looking good, I'm sure if he starts most games his confidence will rise and the goals will start coming in for him. Kelly for me is just getting better and better, Johnson is going to have to put in amgood shift to warrant taking Kells spot. Henderson did really well but I think there is a lot more to come from him just like Carroll so the more games the better. Loved Spearings tackles, gave a physical team like stoke a lot of trouble and wasn't scared to get stuck in, can't wait for him to start scoring. Suarez was incredible again and I reckon we need to be patient with both Carroll and Suarez to click, it will happen.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #603: Oct 27, 2011 01:07:21 am
      That's a massive result for the rest of the seaosn for me. For the first time in i can't remember how long the lads came back from a goal down to win a match. Really important to have done that and it can only boost them for the rest of the season.

I've only watched the first half in full + the higlights on the beeb but have to say it was a good performance.

- Spearing and Lucas were excellent. Personally, i think Spearo deserves a start in the league. Him and Lucas in the middle of the park are about as destructive a midfield combo as there is in this league. I'd play those two in there with Gerrard playing a little furthe rup the pitch.

- Suarez is simply genius. That first goal was ridiculous. What a nightmare he must be to mark. The way he backs in to players and then rolls them. Remind you of anyone?

- Was great to see the lads playing a high line today, we pressed all over the pitch, got them backed up and subsequently won all the 2nd balls. It was a very dominant display for long patches of the match.

Am hoping for a home draw in the next round. Ideally it would be against Palace, Cardiff or Blackburn but who cares so long as it's home. 
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #604: Oct 27, 2011 01:07:33 am
      Was impressed with the whole team today, well played lads! Particularly with Spearing, Hendo and Kelly. Carroll is looking good, I'm sure if he starts most games his confidence will rise and the goals will start coming in for him. Kelly for me is just getting better and better, Johnson is going to have to put in amgood shift to warrant taking Kells spot. Henderson did really well but I think there is a lot more to come from him just like Carroll so the more games the better. Loved Spearings tackles, gave a physical team like stoke a lot of trouble and wasn't scared to get stuck in, can't wait for him to start scoring. Suarez was incredible again and I reckon we need to be patient with both Carroll and Suarez to click, it will happen.
      This is basically my opinion.

What a ball by Henderson for the second and Suarez's first mmmmmmm! ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #605: Oct 27, 2011 01:51:54 am
      Back from the match and I'm still buzzin', great night, had the best seat, although I stood all game, atmosphere was absolutely brilliant, I've lost my voice  :laugh: due to singing non stop all game, the travelling kop was as usual in high spirits well before kick off and it was great to be with people who want to sing and cheer.

I thought we contained Stoke very well, matched them in all departments and our sheer class showed through in the end to take the win.

Suarez was brilliant tonight putting away both goals with confidence and he is a sheer delight to watch when he's on song. Stoke's defence had no answer for his magical skills as he danced his way to two stunning goals.

I was very impressed with Coates, first time I've seen him play properly, and apart from the mistake for their goal, he played some solid football, making some very well timed tackles.

Skrtel was a very able replacement for Carragher and it was brilliant to see Lucas take the armband from Carragher, he was such a solid presence on the field of play tonight, we really have missed him recently.

All in all a really solid performance from Liverpool tonight and I don't care who we get in the next round cos we're Liverpool and we don't fear anyone.

Couple of little things....met Alan Kennedy before the game, we had a nice hug  :) great to see ex players being at away matches and in the crowd.

The travelling Kop gave Crouch a superb welcome when he came on the pitch.

Both Suarez and Agger threw their shirts into the crowd at the end of the game.

Saw all the players getting on the team bus after the game as Kenny Dalglish drove away in his rather sexy posh black Mercedes....nice  8)

Great night and got home in time to watch it all on over again on LFCtv
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #606: Oct 27, 2011 02:09:39 am
      Just see the goals hi-light (I can't find any steam last night and felt a bit fever so I went sleep at before half an hour of the game) and love the way Suarez made his score of our first goal. Hopefully he can do the same goal score consistently as it's vital for us before Andy and others can find their boots. Hendo pass for second goal also really great.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #607: Oct 27, 2011 02:14:42 am
      Back from the match and I'm still buzzin', great night, had the best seat, although I stood all game, atmosphere was absolutely brilliant, I've lost my voice  :laugh: due to singing non stop all game, the travelling kop was as usual in high spirits well before kick off and it was great to be with people who want to sing and cheer.

I thought we contained Stoke very well, matched them in all departments and our sheer class showed through in the end to take the win.

Suarez was brilliant tonight putting away both goals with confidence and he is a sheer delight to watch when he's on song. Stoke's defence had no answer for his magical skills as he danced his way to two stunning goals.

I was very impressed with Coates, first time I've seen him play properly, and apart from the mistake for their goal, he played some solid football, making some very well timed tackles.

Skrtel was a very able replacement for Carragher and it was brilliant to see Lucas take the armband from Carragher, he was such a solid presence on the field of play tonight, we really have missed him recently.

All in all a really solid performance from Liverpool tonight and I don't care who we get in the next round cos we're Liverpool and we don't fear anyone.

Couple of little things. .met Alan Kennedy before the game, we had a nice hug  :) great to see ex players being at away matches and in the crowd.

The travelling Kop gave Crouch a superb welcome when he came on the pitch.

Both Suarez and Agger threw their shirts into the crowd at the end of the game.

Saw all the players getting on the team bus after the game as Kenny Dalglish drove away in his rather sexy posh black Mercedes. .nice  8)

Great night and got home in time to watch it all on over again on LFCtv

Nice one Cas glad you had a boss night.

I am having a boss morning at work all because of our victory!

:)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #608: Oct 27, 2011 02:20:50 am
      Nice one Cas glad you had a boss night.

I am having a boss morning at work all because of our victory!

:)

Feels good doesn't it Dado  :gt-happyup: Enjoy your day at work hun  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #609: Oct 27, 2011 04:04:47 am
      Because he's sh*t and not worth 35 million ,and Aguero who only playing his first season in the prem and scoring for fun all this rubbish about carroll  has played in the prem b4 what aload off crap

LFC are w*nk again we all know we not gunna win now stoke will just sit on the lead now and hoof it when down there end 100 million ay load of sh*t pointless watching them again

Quote myself sorry evey1 i was wrong 9 out 10 i am but that was brilliant thanks LFC made me proud again YNWA IKKWT also like to well done to Carroll he played fantastic and defended when we needed

Sorry mate, but nah, get the f**k on. Exactly the type of fan we don't f***ing need.

Kick the lads when we're down, join in with the media of the spitting on our players who are going through a tough time, then join in with the the celebrations after a win. Absolute bollocks and it really pisses me off. Your posts are f***ing sh*t, never mind Carroll, keep your bollocks opinions to yourself and f***ing do one.

Fantastic win at one of the hardest away grounds to go too, great performance as well.
      « Last Edit: Oct 27, 2011 04:24:26 am by Dannylfc »
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #610: Oct 27, 2011 04:17:40 am
      with the exception of his goal against Arsenal, all of Suarez's goals have came while Andy Carroll has been on the pitch alongside him....its a small sample size but just wanted to throw it out there
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #611: Oct 27, 2011 05:38:08 am
      Anyone has got links to watch/download highlights to the game?
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #612: Oct 27, 2011 06:36:34 am
      For once I'm truly stuck for words.

;D

:laugh:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #613: Oct 27, 2011 07:58:17 am
       I did not see the match so I am not in a position to pass comment on it,all I know is we won and are through to the next round so that will do me thank you very much.Well done Kenny and the lads,I did see the first goal that Suarez scored and it was a cracker and it made my day.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #614: Oct 27, 2011 09:33:36 am
      Any news on Suarez - I heard SSN say he went off injured....???
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #615: Oct 27, 2011 09:46:12 am
      He went off limping, while Kenny laughed. Reckon it was a time wasting tactic.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #616: Oct 27, 2011 10:25:05 am
      What a goal by Suarez for the first. Nutmeg and bang, curler. Great ball by Henderson for the second goal. It's so difficult to get that kind of lob to a teammate!!

Luis Suarez goal vs Stoke - 26/10/11

Might want to turn off/down your volume :laugh:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #617: Oct 27, 2011 10:29:35 am
      Any news on Suarez - I heard SSN say he went off injured. .???
      Judging the way he was sat on the bench laughing with Maxi I'll think he'll be okay.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #618: Oct 27, 2011 10:40:21 am
      Judging the way he was sat on the bench laughing with Maxi I'll think he'll be okay.
      He did limp off AGAIN but didn't look too stressed as you say, as I posted elsewhere this situation wants addressing and the pre-conception referees seem to have about Luis wants addressing.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #619: Oct 27, 2011 10:42:42 am
      He did limp off AGAIN but didn't look too stressed as you say, as I posted elsewhere this situation wants addressing and the pre-conception referees seem to have about Luis wants addressing.
      100% spot on- look at Woodgate's rugby tackle. As for Pulis moaning he should look at Glenn Whelan who could have walked after taking out Jay whilst on a yellow.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #620: Oct 27, 2011 11:29:04 am
      As for Pulis moaning he should look at Glenn Whelan who could have walked after taking out Jay whilst on a yellow.

Horrible player that Whelan.  Him and Shawcross both seemed to be targeting Suarez, who thankfully had the last laugh without having to bite anybody's ear off.

Quick Reply