Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match against Stoke?

Sebastian Coates
      5 (3%)
      Daniel Agger
      4 (2.4%)
      Jay Spearing
      3 (1.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      5 (3%)
      Martin Kelly
      0 (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      143 (85.1%)
      Andy Carroll
      5 (3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 162

Voting closed: Nov 02, 2011 08:48:48 pm

Stoke 1-2 Liverpool (In game and Post Match Cup Fever)

Read 34905 times
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Re: Stoke 1-2 Liverpool (In game and Post Match Cup Fever)
      Reply #621: Oct 27, 2011 11:37:35 am
      I thought we were by far the better team last night, should have got a couple in the first half. To be fair their goal wouldn’t of happened if it wasn’t a mistake by, I forget, was it Kelly? Anyway 2nd half came out fighting, got our couple of goals. I thought overall a good performance, Stoke are a horrible team to play against so to come back from 1-0 to win is a great result. Spearing and Lucas in midfield worked very well, Carroll got in good places but is still a lil of the mark for me but no one had a terrible game. Quarter finals here we come
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #622: Oct 27, 2011 11:47:14 am
      Does anyone have a long match highlights please?
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #623: Oct 27, 2011 11:54:12 am
      Does anyone have a long match highlights please?
      If you wait until 10pm tonight you will be able to watch it online at lfc.tv. You will need the lfc.tv membership though, but its worth the money each month.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #624: Oct 27, 2011 12:01:09 pm
      Crap! Same old story.  We have a big problem in finishing..
      LFC are w*nk again we all know we not gunna win now stoke will just sit on the lead now and hoof it when down there end 100 million ay load of sh*t pointless watching them again

Reckon we could do with a "name and shame" thread, so we can keep track of who said what rubbish.

It's always interesting to see how people's opinions change with our performances, and the worst of the knee-jerkers.

One I always remembered was from Barrymanulow, who kept trying to come across as a genuine fan, but had previously posted that he wasn't even a Liverpool supporter, just a Premier League fan in general. :roll:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #625: Oct 27, 2011 12:05:37 pm
      I liked the way we kept the pace up last night all through the game it was a much better tempo.Bringing Bellamy on just reinforced that.
      Coates made a mistake and I am sure he will not do that again but he did clear his head and played well so its all positives for me.
      now a little bit of luck for the draw and a home leg would be nice.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #626: Oct 27, 2011 12:33:54 pm
      Suarez was yet again afforded no protection. I wonder how many genuinely late/bad tackles hew will have to take before referees realise how much some teams set out to batter him.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #627: Oct 27, 2011 12:43:48 pm
      Suarez had a great attitude throughout the whole game didn't get as angry as he usually does and it came good for him in the end.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #628: Oct 27, 2011 01:05:39 pm
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #629: Oct 27, 2011 01:41:06 pm
      Just seen video highligts on footytube and luis is amazing he likes nutmeging defenders. and wish we had luis cloned  because he works very hard and has fantastic skills. Good improved effort by all players keep it up boys and win the next two league games. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #630: Oct 27, 2011 01:58:30 pm
      Still got a good Buzz about last nights result. Nice to see Luis smiling and happy for once he should be but I do wish commentators would not use stereotypical coments which are ill informed and unfounded the lad could have had a penalty last night if he had gone down but stayed up on his feet.
      Thought Maxi also did well. Its goes to show if we can keep in contention for top 4 with 10 games to go we have a squad who will be fresh and strong enough to finish the season off well.
      « Last Edit: Oct 27, 2011 02:25:29 pm by Venison 86 »
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #631: Oct 27, 2011 02:55:22 pm
      Did Suarez kiss his badge or did I imagine it :D
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #632: Oct 27, 2011 02:58:35 pm
      Still got a good Buzz about last nights result. Nice to see Luis smiling and happy for once he should be but I do wish commentators would not use stereotypical coments which are ill informed and unfounded the lad could have had a penalty last night if he had gone down but stayed up on his feet.
      Thought Maxi also did well. Its goes to show if we can keep in contention for top 4 with 10 games to go we have a squad who will be fresh and strong enough to finish the season off well.

I think our weakest point is defence ind I get the impression we concede easily most of the time. So with a few signings which probably Kenny knows the missing links we should be able of competing constantly.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #633: Oct 27, 2011 03:07:57 pm
      I think our weakest point is defence ind I get the impression we concede easily most of the time. So with a few signings which probably Kenny knows the missing links we should be able of competing constantly.

I disagree mate, there is nothing much wrong with our defense except for one or two silly errors, but if we'd converted even a quarter of the chances we have created in the games, we've lost or drawn barring the Tottenham game, then the silly errors that have led to us conceding would pretty much pail into insignificance.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #634: Oct 27, 2011 03:17:50 pm
      We have been very unlucky in so much as every mistyake seems to result in a goal against us.Its funny that Jamie having had a lot of stick for his early poor form hasn't had a lot of praise for being much sharper now. If you do as the team did last night and keep doing the right things luck does change eventually and in defense our luck will change.
      They conceded one goal to a team the bombards the defense with long balls throw ins and free kicks so I would say they did well last night.
      cannuckred
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      • Long way from home, but still bleed Liverpool red
      Reply #635: Oct 27, 2011 03:19:32 pm
      Just watched the highlights over here, that was a great performance with some touches of genius by a number of players.......like that.....my day is going to be a good one!!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #636: Oct 27, 2011 03:27:28 pm
      I disagree mate, there is nothing much wrong with our defense except for one or two silly errors, but if we'd converted even a quarter of the chances we have created in the games, we've lost or drawn barring the Tottenham game, then the silly errors that have led to us conceding would pretty much pail into insignificance.

yeah, i whole heartedly agree. I was saying that in the end of the first half aswell. We have good defenders and pretty much a solid defence in the majority of the games. The silly individual errors makes us looks vanruable sometimes and im happy that coates mistake did-nt cost the game. It would have been a big blow to his self confidence. He looked solid and kept doing his thing through out the game.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #637: Oct 27, 2011 03:46:58 pm
      While Suarez did brilliantly, I still would like to see other players work on finishing their chances. Carroll, Henderson, Kuyt, Downing, and Maxi could all use a little work on that.
      Chasman555
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      • Liverpool Forever YNWA
      Reply #638: Oct 27, 2011 04:18:05 pm
       Suarez goal from you tube http://youtu.be/btXaI74lWRM

Just keep watching it,  is simply amazing :D
      Got to be goal of the season  ???
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #639: Oct 27, 2011 04:29:34 pm
      Suarez goal from you tube http://youtu.be/btXaI74lWRM

Just keep watching it,  is simply amazing :D
      Got to be goal of the season  ???
      The thought crossed my mind when I saw it, a truly world class goal.

What was dead funny was when Luis was running past their supporters after scoring and the soft bas**rds are giving him the V sign - F***ing small club nuggets.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #640: Oct 27, 2011 05:49:28 pm
      Suarez made Shotton look like a fool! MEGS!! Stunning goal though and was great to see him bang in a header too because before in them situations for us he has done a weak header straight at the keeper.

Coates messed up though!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #641: Oct 27, 2011 07:05:19 pm
      Still  grinning from ear to ear about this result, and the performance. Suarez was excellent but maybe he needs to take a leaf out of Messi's book. Get knocked down, shrug your shoulders, arms out, smile at the assailant and get up and show the b***ard who's boss. Just a thought, to improve his temperment. Brilliant just brilliant. Just have to turn Woys lot over at the week end now and keep this momentum going. We need a good run of about 8 games now to put us back in contention. That result last night could be the start of it.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #642: Oct 27, 2011 09:05:40 pm
      I Had a big laugh on 2 incidents the 1st one when stoke goalie just caught the ball and suarez was counting the seconds on his fingers and started complaining to ref , at that moment they were not on even lead :D and 2nd one stoke fans started boo'ing him and he shut there mouth with pure genious, they were in moment of shock :lmao:   so happy with result it will bring lot of positive for the club.   
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #643: Oct 27, 2011 09:08:41 pm
      So many positives from last nights game. Was this the first time under Kenny we've come from a goal down to win the game?

Thought Jay was brilliant in midfield, Maxi linked up well, Agger was solid at left back and Suarez is just different class.

Great support from the travelling Kop too, looking forward to re-watching it on LFCtv later.

Any news on Carra and Suarez's injuries? both limped off the pitch last night.

Quick Reply