Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match against Stoke?

Sebastian Coates
      5 (3%)
      Daniel Agger
      4 (2.4%)
      Jay Spearing
      3 (1.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      5 (3%)
      Martin Kelly
      0 (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      143 (85.1%)
      Andy Carroll
      5 (3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 162

Voting closed: Nov 02, 2011 08:48:48 pm

Stoke 1-2 Liverpool (In game and Post Match Cup Fever)

Read 34895 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Re: Stoke 1-2 Liverpool (In game and Post Match Cup Fever)
      Reply #644: Oct 27, 2011 10:00:48 pm
      Whatever Torres can do against Chelsea, Suarez can do to Stoke :) Brilliant 1st goal (nice 2nd too!).
      Solid win at a tough away fixture.
      Good to hear Coates did well, particularly away to Stoke when you'd expect the ball to be mostly airborn. Like the guy.
      West Brom next. They're doin OK.  But we have the quality...  expecing Luis to have more notches on the bedpost ...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #645: Oct 27, 2011 11:00:03 pm
      Extremely good atmosphere there last night. Love away days! b***ard M6 on the way was packed though. Left here at half five and got to the ground at half seven. Should have only taken an hour! Poor MsG was standing outside like a lemon with my ticket as well - thanks a lot Cas, you're a star.

Personally I thought Carroll was ace last night with what he brought to the team. His movement created a lot of space for the likes of Hendo and Suarez. He was also a rock at defending those long throw ins - which was a danger last night.

What a pleasure it is to see a Liverpool side, who have been on the back of two very frustrating games before last night, yet they still have the desire and endeavor to come back from a goal down at a very tough ground, to win.

The King is slowly but surely getting us back into the Liverpool groove.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #646: Oct 27, 2011 11:22:42 pm
      No worries Kenny, I was just sorry for you that you had such a slow journey, I know only to well what that journey is like  :(

I loved it so much last night, I'm almost hoping that we get another away game  :D the atmosphere is a million times better than Anfield which saddens me to say that  :(

And I'd agree with you about Carroll, he did very well in defence last night, a real rock and got into some good spaces, leaving space free for others to exploit, I'd also like to say how well Maxi played, seeing as he hasn't had much game time, he looked very sharp last night.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #647: Oct 27, 2011 11:26:50 pm
      Agreed about Maxi, Cas. He deserves credit for the way he's conducted himself after a lay off.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #648: Oct 28, 2011 01:24:01 pm
      Anfields becoming a bit pathetic to be honest. When I was watching the game against Norwich it was dead. And then to try and sing and get daggers from some tw*t
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #649: Oct 28, 2011 01:57:01 pm
      Anfields becoming a bit pathetic to be honest. When I was watching the game against Norwich it was dead. And then to try and sing and get daggers from some tw*t

Well tell the miserable tw*t to get behind the team or F**k off. Got a mouth haven't you, use it then!!

Wrong thread as well, as our away support sounded F***ing superb on Wednesday night.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #650: Oct 28, 2011 11:17:41 pm
      Well in lads. Great effort to come back form a goal down and turn it around the way we did especially at a tough ground to do it at like Stoke. Proud of you lads and Luis that 1st goal was just unfuckingbelievable.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #651: Oct 29, 2011 12:51:44 am
      Well that was a much needed victory! it means more these days against a copletely different Stoke side from the 8-0 days!  Now lets get the midlands double and batter West Brom!
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #652: Oct 29, 2011 07:52:02 am
      cracking result, at 1 down at half time i feared another result like the one in the league, we were playing well but not getting what we deserved, but the second half we picked up where we had left off and turned the game around.  cant remember the last time we came from a goal behind to win a game?? Bolton possibly? This result could give us the confidence needed to go on a run now and give luis the confidence in front of goal, (i think he will bag saturday if fit on the back of this)

im made up overall, its been too long waiting to turn them over there.   bring on the quarters

Quick Reply