Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Carling cup quarter finals: Who do ye want!!

Read 13310 times
      Dancho
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts |
      Re: Carling cup quarter finals: Who do ye want!!
      Reply #138: Oct 30, 2011 08:20:40 am
      What's with the constant away matches we draw?! How exactly is this fair, those cup draws seem quite illogical to me ( being non-english ).
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #139: Oct 30, 2011 09:05:30 am
      Quite looking forward to that!

I think it's the perfect time to play Chelsea, I can see them finishing with 10 men again and Suarez be a real pain in the backside and torn the chavs defence apart resulting in terry or cole being sent off ;-)..

chelsea will be worry to play us, even at home and especially following their spanking with arsenal. Although I would expect a reaction to the like of Arsenal or united or city after a very poor result, I feel chelsea is on for a run of poor result. . . with villa boas getting the sack in january for failing to stay in the top 4, terry been stripped of the captaincy and announcing his retirement by June and cole being caught with a ladyboys which he though was a woman, failing to get a court  injunction making him signing for the LA galaxy.  ok ok I might just have got ahead of myself a bit there.  ;D

More seriously, I can see us getting a similar result than Arsenal there. .2-4 for the Reds.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #140: Oct 30, 2011 11:09:27 am
      Tough tie but we can go there & win great time to play them. I think Luis & Andy will both score they are nothing special at all at the mo' great opportunity to give it down the banks to torres. Remind him of what a huge mistake he's made going to play for there sh*t fans.
      Chelsea 0 2 Liverpool
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #141: Oct 30, 2011 11:13:28 am
      Tough tie but we can go there & win great time to play them. I think Luis & Andy will both score they are nothing special at all at the mo' great opportunity to give it down the banks to torres. Remind him of what a huge mistake he's made going to play for there sh*t fans.
      Chelsea 0 2 Liverpool

not sure torres will play in this, we may see drogba for the league cup tie... torres will play in the league game though.. id like to think we will give him no reaction at all... literally nothing.. he will expect it so lets just show he is in the past and sing as loud as we can for luis...

it wont be easy but they are showing weaknesses at the back.. they havnt kept a clean sheet in the league since the opening day (fairly sure i read that) so we can get at them.. but they will be good going forward as usual.. high scoring game i think.. us to nick in in extra time 3-2
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #142: Oct 30, 2011 12:17:24 pm
      Fancy us against the Chavs after that circus show I witnessed within their defence yesterday.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,940 posts | 285 
      Reply #143: Oct 30, 2011 12:30:56 pm
      Can I ask, why do you care they drew who they did?
      Because i'm tired of them having it easy every year. We all state "The Premiership" is the greatest league in the world but there's blatant corruption. Look at the Evra accusation, over 2 weeks ago and not a word, Fergie will get it swept under the carpet, Again. Its infuriating the preferential treatment they get so i thought i would comment on it.

You've clearly indicated it doesn't bother you. We disagree.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #144: Oct 30, 2011 01:03:08 pm
      Especially about dat El Noo-Noo fella.
       ;D

The resemblance is amazing:

Torres

Naughty Noo Noo
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #145: Oct 30, 2011 02:07:04 pm
      Made up we get to dump Nando out of the only cup he has a chance of winning this season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #146: Oct 30, 2011 03:04:30 pm
      Because i'm tired of them having it easy every year. We all state "The Premiership" is the greatest league in the world but there's blatant corruption. Look at the Evra accusation, over 2 weeks ago and not a word, Fergie will get it swept under the carpet, Again. Its infuriating the preferential treatment they get so i thought i would comment on it.

You've clearly indicated it doesn't bother you. We disagree.

Rather than whinge about it like the blueshite, I'd rather us just go to the bridge and tw*t that sh*te everywhere.

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,940 posts | 285 
      Reply #147: Oct 30, 2011 03:10:46 pm
      Rather than whinge about it like the bluesh*te, I'd rather us just go to the bridge and tw*t that sh*te everywhere.

Well of course I want to trash Chelski and then Manure in the Semi/Final but stating that would repeat all the other 5 pages of posts on this thread.

Everyone just bending over to Fergie by not stating anything, Its been years of the same sh*t different day but as its happened before everyone like ohh well its happened before we can take it. The systems f*cked, im speaking out, and everyone bending over is giving out for stating the obvious.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #148: Oct 30, 2011 03:14:40 pm
      Well of course I want to trash Chelski and then Manure in the Semi/Final but stating that would repeat all the other 5 pages of posts on this thread.

Everyone just bending over to Fergie by not stating anything, Its been years of the same sh*t different day but as its happened before everyone like ohh well its happened before we can take it. The systems f*cked, im speaking out, and everyone bending over is giving out for stating the obvious.

Behave softlad, plenty of Liverpool fans hate the pissed jock b***ard just as much, but most of us know the way football works - old boys club, best way to beat the bas**rds is on the pitch. Which is why Kenny has been calling for Unity, all of us together, no F***ing infighting - cos we now have the one manager that truly rattles Ferguson - THE KING!

I bet Man Utd and Everton fans felt the same way about us in the 70s and 80s!!
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #149: Oct 30, 2011 03:14:46 pm
      We are capable of beating anybody, bring them on.   :cool-smiley-027: :food-smiley-005:
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #150: Oct 30, 2011 03:19:47 pm
      You certainly have a point, Benito. Either that or United are extremely lucky bas**rds when it comes to refereeing, cup draws and authority decision making. Such a level of luck is reaching levels of very improbable.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #151: Oct 30, 2011 07:48:23 pm
      Hard draw but you have to beat allcomers to win the trophy but could have at least had one home draw were as our rival from down the road get there usual easy tie.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #152: Oct 30, 2011 09:25:51 pm
      Man utd always get easy draws last round aldershot, we seem to be the opposite re chelsea but looking how they played arsenal perhaps we are lucky.This might be our only chance at silverware this year.And think owners would like a trophy this year as well. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #153: Oct 31, 2011 01:17:00 am
      At least we're guaranteed to be shown live Downunder with this fixture.

Looking forward to watching Suarez rip Terry a new one.  ;D

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #154: Oct 31, 2011 07:07:11 am
       I reckon Chelsea will be more worried about getting us than we are about getting them.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #155: Oct 31, 2011 01:01:37 pm
      I reckon Chelsea will be more worried about getting us than we are about getting them.
      Deffo, they'll have been praying for Crystal Palace or Cardiff at home.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #156: Oct 31, 2011 02:03:01 pm
      Is there a date for this fixture?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #157: Oct 31, 2011 03:28:44 pm
      Is there a date for this fixture?

Either the 29th or 30th of November
      MsGerrard
      Reply #158: Oct 31, 2011 03:49:27 pm
      Either the 29th or 30th of November

Hope it's not the 29th November - I'll be in Birmingham  :(
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #159: Nov 01, 2011 03:40:03 am
      Already told you lot, Scum will always get the easist of the lot. Would be a f**king comedy if they lost. At least got two out of four right though ;D!
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #160: Nov 01, 2011 12:51:29 pm
      We play City on the 27th, so ours will be on the 30th I reckon.

Quick Reply