Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Any PS3 trophy/Xbox360 Achievement hunters?

Read 9415 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Any PS3 trophy/Xbox360 Achievement hunters?
      Oct 27, 2011 06:29:25 pm
      I know many don't really bother going for all trophies/achievements available in games but are there any around?

I've recently picked up the habit of trying to gain platinums(all trophies earned for a game on PS3) or at least as many trophies as I can on the ps3. Chach is another one with quite a number to his name.

Doing Assassin's Creed II right now.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Any PS3 trophy/Xbox360 Achievement hunters?
      Reply #1: Oct 27, 2011 08:13:57 pm
      If I had my XBox 15 years ago, I'd be going for as many as possible, but having three kids means I don't have the time to fully complete games, sadly.

I've only had it a year, but have finished a couple of games almost completely, just missing one or two achievements.

I know the gamer score doesn't mean anything, but I love the added challenge of gaining all the achievements I can, it makes a game last longer and gives you the added incentive to play it over again.

Currently giving Resident Evil 5 my best shot! ;)
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2: Oct 27, 2011 08:35:07 pm
      If I truly like a game, I will go for it, or if they are easy... :P

Got platinum for;
      Uncharted 1
      Uncharted 2
      Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince :P

Got 1000G for;
      Rainbow Six Vegas 2
      Fight Night Round 3 <--- Easy!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #3: Oct 27, 2011 08:45:13 pm
      Go and search 'duck360' on google :P

I've only got 8 myself.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #4: Nov 18, 2011 07:09:01 pm
      Right, just one achievement left on Resident Evil 5, need to finish the game on the hardest difficulty: Professional.

Well advanced, just Chapter 6 to complete, three mini levels, have to say I've enjoyed the game the most playing it on Professional. Your character and partner die after just one or two hits, which is obviously far more of a challenge.

The 1000G will be mine, first time for me! ;D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #5: Nov 18, 2011 10:14:53 pm
      Nice one, Ayrton!

I just got the platinum trophy for Prince of Persia. My 12th one!
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #6: Nov 19, 2011 12:04:36 pm
      Im Closing on 1000 Achievement on Both BF3 and Mw3. 910 for BF3 and around 860 for MW3.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #7: Nov 19, 2011 12:24:18 pm
      Arrie, is BF3's achivements/trophies difficult?

I really feel lazy when games have got online trophies.

I probably need a good partner for MW3's Spec Ops as well.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #8: Nov 20, 2011 02:53:26 am
      I've started to become a bit of a trophy whore on the sly recently. I haven't got any platinum trophies at all but I still like to get as many as I can.

I think that trophies/achievements might have ruined our gaming experience somewhat now. I look at games in my collection and consider going back through them (Metal Gear Solid 4 being the prime example) and when I consider that I won't be getting any trophies for it I just play something that does.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #9: Nov 20, 2011 07:25:50 am
      I think that trophies/achievements might have ruined our gaming experience somewhat now. I look at games in my collection and consider going back through them (Metal Gear Solid 4 being the prime example) and when I consider that I won't be getting any trophies for it I just play something that does.

I know what you mean a bit, I play far less games on the Wii since I've got the XBox, obviously a large part of it is the overall quality of the games, but there is that twinge about putting in hours of gameplay without getting any achievements!

However, there will always be some games I will play on the Wii, notably the Mario and Zelda games that you don't get outside Nintendo consoles, and various party games which are good for a laugh!

And games do sometimes get remade, like Resident Evil 4 HD, which I LOVED on the Wii and I'll be getting the Box. They remade it with revamped graphics and 1000G to earn! ;D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #10: Nov 20, 2011 11:40:46 am
      I've started to become a bit of a trophy whore on the sly recently. I haven't got any platinum trophies at all but I still like to get as many as I can.

I knwo what you mean. I bought Modern Warfare 1 and MGS4 last year and though I did finish MW1 albeit on easier difficulty as there were no trophies, I stopped halfway in MGS4. But my reason wasn't because there are no trophies in the game but because I saw the walkthrough and I just saw boss after boss. So, I was like 'meh'.

Just moved on to other games after that where they have trophies.

I'm quite happy with the fact i managed to earn 8 platinums in the summer alone - inFAMOUS, Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2, Enslaved, Modern Warfare 2, Dynasty Warriors 7, Batman Arkham Asylum and COD classic. I've actually need like 5 trophies on World at War and the four zombie trophies on Black Ops left. Just can't be arsed to do them  :D

I've got Assassin's Creed 2, Prince of Persia, Megamind and Terminator Salvation since then. Next up, Aragorn's Quest :lmao: Megamind is a super easy platinum trophy. Can probably get that in a couple of hours.

Though many don't agree about going for trophies but personally, I feel it makes the game much more worth it to be bought and played. I spent on average close to 20 pounds on games so I might as well play in the game as best as I can.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #11: Nov 20, 2011 01:33:14 pm
      Arrie, is BF3's achivements/trophies difficult?

I really feel lazy when games have got online trophies.

I probably need a good partner for MW3's Spec Ops as well.
      BF3 offline Achievement are Pretty Simple. Online Achievements are Bit Tricky Like Achieving all Ribbons. That was a Complete Mind F**k. Few of the Co-op achievements can be Tough. You Need a Good Partner to do it.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #12: Nov 20, 2011 01:42:46 pm
      Sigh, if only you were on the same platform as me :(
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #13: Nov 21, 2011 03:29:29 am
      Im turning into a trophy whore on ps3 so if anyone wants to do some hunting add me on psn

Games im currently doing are BF3 Skyrim Skate 3 Shaun white snowboarding GT4 & Fifa 12

My PSN is BoonYNWA
      BigAndy9
      • Banned

• 54 posts |
      • Born a Spaniard, Die a Scouser
      Reply #14: Nov 21, 2011 03:40:01 am
      I always try and get full GS on all the games if possible, the only one i've got full GS is L4D2, which took me around 100 hours to get. fun game though
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #15: Nov 21, 2011 08:08:13 am
      Im turning into a trophy whore on ps3 so if anyone wants to do some hunting add me on psn

Games im currently doing are BF3 Skyrim Skate 3 Shaun white snowboarding GT4 & Fifa 12

My PSN is BoonYNWA

Give me an add will you (I can't get online atm). PSN = Adryan_90

Finally met someone who plays Skate 3! I got majority of the offline trophies but none online. Haven't got the one where I have to upload 5 pics, 5 videos and 3 parks, the one which I own all the lots, complete everything and kill 80 challenges.

I just couldn't complete the pool stuff -_-

I will do Aragorn's Quest soon and hopefully MW3 after. Wouldn't hurt if anyone can help me get Black Ops and WaW platinum as well.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #16: Nov 22, 2011 06:44:18 am
      Done. 1000 Gamerscore of MW3.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #17: Nov 22, 2011 07:53:30 am
      Did you do the Spec Ops alone or had a good partner?

It is possible to do alone (except the two which needs a partner) but it will take a long time but the timed ones would be challenging.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #18: Nov 22, 2011 01:08:00 pm
      Did you do the Spec Ops alone or had a good partner?

It is possible to do alone (except the two which needs a partner) but it will take a long time but the timed ones would be challenging.
      I Did it with My Brother. Who is a Beast in COD. So it was pretty easy for me to get all the Stars in Co-op. You Need To have a Good Partner especially in the last tier of Spec ops
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #19: Nov 22, 2011 04:28:12 pm
      I'm on 27 stars now (9 missions). All on my own! :D

Will try to get the other 7 missions before I head back for Christmas as I only plan to whore multiplayer stats then.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #20: Nov 22, 2011 06:47:36 pm
      I've never been one to bother with the Xbox Achievements but some of my mates are obsessed with them.

When I was playing Bad Company 2 and waiting for BF3 to come out, my mate was on about Achievements so I had a look at them. I ended up running around trying to do stupid things like kill someone with an RPG, M60 and combat knife within one map or get a headshot with the repair tool just to get the achievement. I must admit that it did become a little addictive and I pay more attention to Achievements in any games now.
      I'll never be hardcore enough to try to get all 1000 in a game but I'll definitely push for them more now, it adds to the experience I think.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #21: Nov 22, 2011 07:13:53 pm
      I'll never be hardcore enough to try to get all 1000 in a game but I'll definitely push for them more now, it adds to the experience I think.

I thought that when I first got the console, but maybe if you come across a game you really love, you'll want to finish it totally.

Though I do admit some of the achievements they make are stupid, or overly difficult - there's a couple in Final Fantasy XIII I'll definitely never get, you'd need to repeat the same combats for dozens of hours to gain the money or experience necessary, just boring.

I love the Fable games though, and some of the achievements are really funny, along with the humour of the game!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #22: Nov 22, 2011 07:31:45 pm
      Yeah I suppose if I was already well into a game and managed, say, 600+ Achievements, I might now be tempted to try and max it.

Quick Reply