Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The what are you drinking thread

Read 127797 times
      kevonio
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts | 31 
      Re: The what are you drinking thread
      Reply #690: Mar 07, 2016 12:00:59 am
      im havin a good old bottle of bow   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #691: Mar 07, 2016 12:11:15 am
      Bourbon and Vanilla milkshake sounds like a great way to end a meal.

Rounded it off nicely, the other one that caught my eye was coconut & rum shake.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #692: Mar 08, 2016 10:13:29 pm
      Having a non Alcho with WAHS & his mate in Brum..
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #693: Mar 09, 2016 02:50:53 pm
      Having a non Alcho with WAHS & his mate in Brum..

We got in about half 3. Walkabout and some other 'establishment'.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #694: Mar 09, 2016 03:01:30 pm
      We got in about half 3. Walkabout and some other 'establishment'.

;D, I can guess where that 'other' establishment was ;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #695: Mar 12, 2016 11:53:06 pm
      Op & Top, an unpasteurised American Bitter-ish, from a dutch brewer called browerijdemolen, which when translated came up as Ij Mill Brewer which I'm guessing is a rough translation at best. Lovely bitter notes, smoothed by an underlining sweetness. Easy drinking and a 4.5% abv. If something between bitter and lager is your thing, give this a shot. I was highly impressed.

O'Hara's Irish Stout and I'm having a good day, what a stout, bitter, burnt coffee notes and yet smooth and creamy. A lovely richness, a healthy 4.3% abv with none of that heaviness you usually expect from stouts. I know stouts aren't for everybody, but if they are, another highly recommended.

Next up a beer from Vocation in collaboration with the beer club Beer 52 called Them & Us that is certainly going to appal lovers of generic, flavourless beers.  A red IPA, clocking in at 4.5%, hoppy, bitter, slightly fruity and a light, subtle hint of sour, just bursting with flavour,it's almost like it was designed just for me and it made me wish I had a decent, hot curry, just seemed like the perfect accompaniment to something spicy. I could, far too easily, drink a few of these.

Last new beer of the night, Beavertown Neck Oil IPA, a 4.3% session beer. My first let down of the evening, it promises so much on first taste, a lighter version of a normal IPA, the familiar, hoppy, bitter notes are all there and then, disappointingly, it all dissipates into an almost watery nothing. Such a shame,the initial taste promises so much. If you're wary of IPAs, then this could be a good starting point, I suppose, but I'm struggling for any other reason to try it.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #696: Mar 13, 2016 06:40:31 pm
      Op & Top, an unpasteurised American Bitter-ish, from a dutch brewer called browerijdemolen, which when translated came up as Ij Mill Brewer which I'm guessing is a rough translation at best. Lovely bitter notes, smoothed by an underlining sweetness. Easy drinking and a 4.5% abv. If something between bitter and lager is your thing, give this a shot. I was highly impressed.

O'Hara's Irish Stout and I'm having a good day, what a stout, bitter, burnt coffee notes and yet smooth and creamy. A lovely richness, a healthy 4.3% abv with none of that heaviness you usually expect from stouts. I know stouts aren't for everybody, but if they are, another highly recommended.

Next up a beer from Vocation in collaboration with the beer club Beer 52 called Them & Us that is certainly going to appal lovers of generic, flavourless beers.  A red IPA, clocking in at 4.5%, hoppy, bitter, slightly fruity and a light, subtle hint of sour, just bursting with flavour,it's almost like it was designed just for me and it made me wish I had a decent, hot curry, just seemed like the perfect accompaniment to something spicy. I could, far too easily, drink a few of these.

Last new beer of the night, Beavertown Neck Oil IPA, a 4.3% session beer. My first let down of the evening, it promises so much on first taste, a lighter version of a normal IPA, the familiar, hoppy, bitter notes are all there and then, disappointingly, it all dissipates into an almost watery nothing. Such a shame,the initial taste promises so much. If you're wary of IPAs, then this could be a good starting point, I suppose, but I'm struggling for any other reason to try it.

I don't really drink anything other than Lager or Cider but that post makes me want to try something different.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #697: Mar 16, 2016 08:56:08 pm
      Sparkling water water and ice - been on wagon since November......save for 4 pints of Estrella Damm on a Saturday night a month ago. 107 dry days out of the last 108 :)
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #698: Mar 16, 2016 09:06:42 pm
      Haven't touched a drop of Alcohol since Migs kept his last clean sheet, not sure how long it's gonna last though!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #699: Mar 17, 2016 10:48:52 pm
      Haven't touched a drop of Alcohol since Migs kept his last clean sheet, not sure how long it's gonna last though!

Funilly enough I'd not considerd the fact that he'd conceded tonight, BUT just had to have a post match celebratory drink!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #700: Mar 20, 2016 12:56:41 am
      Fourpure Brewing Co Oatmeal Stout 5.1%. Rich, bitter and burnt, which briefly overpowers than fades in to a smooth flavour with a slightly grainy texture and melts into a flavour that's somewhere between sucking pennies and a papercut at the same time. It's overpowering and certainly not for those that don't like stout, unless your a little anaemic and then you should guzzle away. Interesting enough to deserve a try, not quite good enough to purchase a second.

Stewart Brewing First World Problems Belgian IPA 6.2%. Wow, that hit me on the nose when I opened it and I have a poor sense of smell. Sweet yet bitter, hoppy and heavy. Amber nearing brown in colour, a thin head that clings to the glass. A tad gassy, even if I wanted too, I'd struggle with more than one of these. Definitely needs to accompany a meal. A try before you buy beer, especially as the floral hop taste increases as you drink it.

Birrificio Italiona Nigredo 6.5%. Has a tag line of Blacker than the blackest black and it is darker than the stout I had earlier. Odd flavour combination, strong hoppy flavour mixed with the burnt, bitter coffee taste I'd associate with stouts. Nice, but much like the one above, definitely an accompaniment for a meal. As I finished the last few sips, noticed a sweet caramel note as well. Good beer and my favourite if the three I've had so far.

The Five Points Brewing Co Railway Porter 4.8%. As I poured, a definite whiff of chocolate was noticeable, this became even more apparent after taking my first sip. Stunning, chocolate notes enhanced by a smooth espresso bitterness which is enhanced further by a slightly sweet, almost caramel back note. This is just superb. It gets better, you let the flavours settle and a wonderful, yeasty
      after note, reminiscent of Twiglets hits you. This is top notch. So, so good.

Running Beer Howling Hops Brown Ale 4.0%. Fizzy, even when poured slow, foamed when I took the lid of the bottle, like a science fair volcano when I pour it. It's a hoppy Newkie Brown, with a sweet after note. Has a warm, fruity taste that makes me classify this as one for the colder months, a lasting bittersweet, floral note on the back end. Easily my second favourite of the night, really good.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #701: Mar 20, 2016 01:57:44 am
      My good friend JD...again.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #702: Mar 20, 2016 02:38:15 am
      Roddenberry, you are becoming quite the expert in beers.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #703: Mar 22, 2016 12:45:40 am
      http://honestbrew.co.uk/coupon/friends?hb=18648

For those that would like to try new beers, first six for £9 and you can stop at any time.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #704: Mar 23, 2016 08:51:45 pm
      Following on from Rodders' excellent reviews.

Bulmers Original

Sugary as a mother f**ker even when the ice has melted in it. Leaves a smooth layer of 'I don't know f**king what' on the teeth and after a week on it like I have it brings the joys of gout entwined with that sweet, sweet sensation of chronic heartburn which makes me think that they are in partnership with Rennies as I go through packs of those as quick as I do bottles of cider. Also it helps me with my exercises as I go for a piss 'per bottle'

Magners Original Cider 

When the pub doesnt sell Bulmers.

See Bulmers and multiply everything by 10.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #705: Mar 28, 2016 12:05:41 am
      Fourpure Brewing Pils 4.7% - The crisp dryness you associate with a pilsner combined with a hoppy after taste. Easy drinking, light and tastes good. Could knock a few of these back and not notice.

Rebel Brewing's Surfbum IPA 3.5% - A very low intensity but full of all the bittersweet tastes and hoppy notes you expect from IPAs. Could easily drink a few of these, two good beers so far.

Buxton Brewery's Wild Boar IPA 5.7% - After the last one, this is as subtle as a sledgehammer, first I was hit in the mouth with an almost spicy, lime taste, the flowery hops burst forth, tinged with a subtle sweetness and than the familiar dry, bitter aftertaste. My favourite so far and if you like IPAs, this is certainly worth a look, though you'd want to pair it with food, a little too heavy to drink on its own.

Vedett's Extra Ordinary IPA 5.5% - The label states not from India and not a Pale Ale, and it's right on that. Sweetness and a warm fruity, spicy are my first impressions, a light hoppy taste and no real bitterness to talk of. It's nice, which is all I can muster, but a tad underwhelming. Not one I'd search out again, but interesting enough to say it's worth trying, once.

Wild Beer's Wild Goose Chase 4.5% - Tart and fruity, almost stepping on cider/perry territory and then it's pulled back by a subtle hint of hops. It's quaffable, even if not being something that's to my taste, the acid back notes that combine with the hops mask the initial sweetness, almost forcing you to take a second swig. Good, very good, just not for me.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #706: Apr 10, 2016 01:05:33 am
      Tasting time again, starting with Brewdog's Hardcore IPA 9.2%.  It's good, it's very good and it certainly doesn't taste like a nine percenter. Sweet, nutty, hoppy, bitter, syrupy as you sip, exploding into a creamy. I've not hurried this one, the abv worried me, it's a sipping beer. Tasty and smooth.

Fullers' Frontier 4.5% - Not good, a lager that's insipid and for those that remember Kaliber's first run or Swan's Low alcohol offering, it has a similar metallic and slightly chemical taste. A dim wash of hops on the way out. Nothing to recommend it at all.

Fourpure's Beartooth American Brown Ale 5.3%, strange but nice, hitting more notes that I'd associate with stouts and porters, a mild, slightly burnt coffee, a soft toffee note. Really good, just not what I expected. A mild, creamy, hoppy note as it departs out of a drink that resembles a glass of coke. I'm loathe to call this a light stout, as light has some negative connotations in the beer world, but it's the best description of this very good beer.

Wiper & True Citrus & Sevens - An overly sweet IPA, whilst this may appeal to some, considering the normal bitterness associated with an IPA, for me it's atrocious. Not quite sickly sweet but it overpowers all the other flavours. Not good.

Black Isle's Goldfinch 3.5% is the last one of the evening, and it's a really nice, sessionable IPA, not spectacular but very good. Always surprised when a low abv IPA pulls off tasting this good.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #707: May 14, 2016 04:36:50 am
      On my fourth New Belgium Fat Tire.

Easy drinking, reminds me of Yeungling.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #708: May 17, 2016 03:38:44 am
      What are you drinking?

F***ing acid which is also known as Strongbow.

Had a cracking little sesh from 3pm onwards in Shoreditch area but as per f**king usual I'm never satisfied. In hotel bar that is shut with cans of Bow in an ice bucket on my own. Two lads I've been with are well asleep but I'm in that mood where i just don't wanna stop.

Must be the 'no Mrs nagging at me' thing.

Can't catch me here can she? :)
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #709: May 22, 2016 01:13:40 pm
      Carling Cider is going down just nice watching movies!! chill day!!..
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #710: May 22, 2016 01:20:27 pm
      Not enough to deal with some of the sh*te being spouted on here recently.

Must up my alcohol order in readiness for the transfer window  >:D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #711: May 26, 2016 03:49:39 pm
      Nothing beats the first beer after spending 4 days traveling, being jet lagged and sick as a dog since returning, having 3 assignments due and now 4 days off before exam period starts.

Certainly beats the taste of phlegm from coughing :D

Cheers!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #712: May 26, 2016 10:05:15 pm
      I've got to say I bought this from the duty free from one of business trips and been trying it tonight

top notch stuff.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016 10:16:24 pm by Arab Scouse »

Quick Reply