Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Glen Johnson
      (1.1%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (5.6%)
      Daniel Agger
      (4.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      (11.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (20%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (4.4%)
      Luis Suarez
      (37.8%)
      Other
      (3.3%)
      Andy Carroll
      (11.7%)

West Brom 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight

Read 32306 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: West Brom 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight
      Reply #529: Oct 30, 2011 12:23:53 am
      Come straight in at this page and after seeing the first comment I don't think I'll go backwards.

Excellent performance (again) and the lads are getting better and better with each match. Anyone who knocks that performance is louie F***ing spence and can F**k right off.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #530: Oct 30, 2011 12:26:12 am
      Love having Carroll upfront gives the opposition defense something else to think about. We saw it time and again today with the pass and move, pass and move all the way up the pitch and then if the options are running out stick in the diagonal for Carroll. He was a right handful today.

The fact that for most teams it takes two defenders to mark Carroll opens up that much more space, for Suarez especially, as well as Adam and today a happy surprise of Henderson bombing on as well.

Such a difference from last year during Woy's time where we had very little attacking threat coming from our midfield.

Fingers crossed for Newcastle and Tottenham losing tomorrow to cap off a good weekend where we closed the gap on Chelsea and are on the brink of being top four again.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #531: Oct 30, 2011 01:53:25 am
      What a great feeling to be playing away from home, dominating the play, scoring a couple of goals and keeping a clean sheet :)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #532: Oct 30, 2011 02:03:15 am
      We've out-possessed every team, at home or away (including Arsenal) this season. I'm not including Spurs since we were down to 9-men.

On average in the League, our possession stats trail in the mid-50's. 55.4% to be exact.

This is extremely good as it means that the "away factor" no longer affects us as much.

We're getting there. Not slowly, either. We're getting there rather fast.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #533: Oct 30, 2011 02:24:04 am
      My MOTM for this match was Carroll.  I think Suarez was dominant and certainly worthy of the vote but I liked A.C.'s form and he seemed to really gel with Suarez, especially with really not a whole lot of actual match time with him.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #534: Oct 30, 2011 02:33:26 am
      We played well as well walton no denying that but f**k me have you seen a poorer performance by a team at home in the premiership

What about man united vs man city???
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,605 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #535: Oct 30, 2011 02:57:32 am
      I'm very drunk and as such will keep my message simple. Haters gonna hate. Good result, without hitting top gear. These are the results we need to continue.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #536: Oct 30, 2011 03:31:46 am
      Was Kelly injured today? I much prefer him over Johnson at right back.
      that is a piss take after Johnson performance is it five
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #537: Oct 30, 2011 03:45:54 am
      Made up with the result and performance, especially as our two main talismen were missing.

After Stoke, again so many positives. Thought we were solid in defence, midfield bossed the game and good to see Carroll get a another goal. Good pen from Charlie, held his nerve after a lengthy delay.

I've been a critic of Skrtel in the past mainly for being a bit rash with the tackle but have to say he's getting better and better and if Agger can stay fit be interesting to see what happens with Carra when he's fit again.

Feels like we are buidling momentum, we need to keep it going against Swansea next Saturday and although theres an international break before the Chavs and Citeh games, Im confident we'll get at least 7 points from them.

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #538: Oct 30, 2011 04:30:59 am
      The Skrtel-Agger partnership worked! :scarf:
      Our game was very good and simple but Henderson due to his position and Downing due to his mediocrity at the moment made the game look ineffective.
      The passes were great but again there wasn't a decent cross in the box from the wingers. But it was a great game and the defense was solid, midfield was bossing the game with ease but our Suarez remained our catalyst.
      Adam - 8(great game)
      Lucas - 9
      Suarez - 8
      Carroll - 8
      Enrique - 8

We should realise that Adam is already one of the best CM of this league- Fellaini, Fletcher, Anderson, Song, Obi, Mereiles*-debatable, Arteta
      much better
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #539: Oct 30, 2011 05:49:31 am
      Glad that Suarez and Andy is starting to gel, this partnership can only improve. In all honesty, WBA is not as poor as what some of us thought. They played some decent football and had a few chances to score but failed to capitalise on it. They looked poor because we made it difficult for them to possess the ball and they had to defend long periods in their own half. KD got his tactics spot on today. Bring on swansea, they are a decent side and we have to keep an eye on that Sinclair guy on the left wing, full of trickeries.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #540: Oct 30, 2011 08:15:38 am
      Watched the extended highlights and Hendo was amazing. Sometimes you don't realise it watching live but when you watch again you see the shift he puts in and his game is very sound.

Lucas was even better watching the second time round. His work ethic is amazing and his vision is beyond good.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #541: Oct 30, 2011 08:19:51 am
      Voted Agger Motm as I think it's his presence that makes the bigger difference in how we play (less long balls and more intelligent ones, and for the first time since 4 or 5 matches Skrtel and Reina looking confident instead of extremely stressed). In the back four only Johnson had an average match with some stupid fouls.

Out of that better communication between Suarez and Carroll than in previous matches, the usual good performances from Lucas and Enrique, and a rather good match from Henderson and Adam. If only Downing could be as good as in his first games with us, all would be perfect (strangely, while Henderson and Adam give better performances, it seems Stuart is making more and more errors).

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #542: Oct 30, 2011 08:24:51 am
      That's a bit more like it, a win away from home is always a positive.

Thought they played well, Carroll was busy, scored, and was unlucky not to to get a second, and Suarez again was great. Adam played well too but again seemed to go quiet in the second half.

Reina rarely troubled, defence was solid.
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #543: Oct 30, 2011 08:55:17 am
      A real Team effort and a great performance away from home. West brom away is always a tricky one, they played decent so far this year and it could have been a difficult afternoon, but, the lads took charge and in all it was an easy win.

Suarez was again excellent, it was good to have Carroll scoring and the cool of Adams on the pen was brilliant to see.

5th, a point behind chelsea, couldnt ask for more at the moment!

Well done lads!
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #544: Oct 30, 2011 09:03:18 am
      Pissin hell this Suarez bloke needs to do one, stealin the MoTM polls every match!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #545: Oct 30, 2011 09:18:23 am
      My Red tinted glasses are what make me a Liverpool fan. I am biased toward my team. If I wasn't then I wouldn't be a Red; I'd just be a football fan.

I love it when we win. I hate it when we lose or draw. Of course we should always be looking to improve; that's what good players, good teams and good managers do and we've got all of the above. Yesterday; we dominated a game from start to finish, never looked in danger and came away with an easy three points. What more, as a Red, could you want?

Cast your mind back one year. Remember that feeling of fear and trepidation before every game? It's not there now. Listen, any half-wit can find fault but greatness has always been achieved by those who find a solution; in my opinion, Kenny, et al, are solving the 'problems'.

We've now got balance everywhere on the pitch; from front to back: yin & yang - and it's showing.

Sit back, ignore the haters and enjoy the ride lads 'n' ladies; it's going to be a good one.  ;D
      « Last Edit: Oct 30, 2011 09:33:35 am by bad boy bubby »
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #546: Oct 30, 2011 09:23:14 am
      Voted Agger Motm as I think it's his presence that makes the bigger difference in how we play (less long balls and more intelligent ones, and for the first time since 4 or 5 matches Skrtel and Reina looking confident instead of extremely stressed). In the back four only Johnson had an average match with some stupid fouls.

I have to agree here, I think that Danny Agger is one of the most under-rated players. He's like our Ledley King at Spurs, similarly to how Spurs' defence looks solid when King plays and shambolic when he's missing, I believe Agger's influence to be pivotal to our defensive success.

I thought that the Suarez-Carroll combination looked quite good today, clearly their communication is improving and the partnership can only get better. Suarez again at the heart of the majority of our attacks, good to see Kenny rest the lad in the last ten minutes too.

Onwards and upwards hopefully. In a good position now (should be higher still) and should build from here.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #547: Oct 30, 2011 09:44:14 am
      Good performance all round yesterday. Skrtle and Agger looked solid and deserve a run of games as a partnership. The back 4 looked very comfortable all round and Johnson looked comfortable again considering hes only just come back. Enrique looked class as always. Nice for Big Andy to get a goal and will do his confidence a world of good. Suarez, no words needed. IMO I think it would be hard to break up the Lucas and Adam partnership, apart from the odd rash tackle, Adams overall play is improving and Lucas is just class and is making it look simple to him. These last 2 games i,ve been very impressed by Henderson. His work rate is very good going forward and when he improves his defencive qualities hes going to be a very good player for us. My only dissapointment would be with Downing, he just has,nt clicked for me yet and i,m sure he will but just not yet. I,d like to see Bellemy given a run down the left just to give Downing that feeling of your not an automatic starter. Overall though a good display by the team and 3 points away from home which takes us to a point away from 3rd spot.

We,re still in the running for a CL place.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #548: Oct 30, 2011 09:49:46 am
       It was nice to see Johnson back. As well as Kelly and Flanaghan have done, it's easy to forget Johnson at his best is a beast of a right back. Defensively he isn't the best, but from an attacking point of view he's as gopod as there is. I have a niggling feeling that we still haven't seen the best of what he is capable of, and if we do he will look like one of Rafa Benitez's shrewdest purchases.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #549: Oct 30, 2011 10:58:58 am
      Easy peasy lemon squeezy we slaughtered them at there's have that Woy you plank.
      We never looked in trouble Pepe had nothing to do. Agger & Skertel were in total conttol. Lucas Adam & Hendo all played great together.
      Downing was a passenger again like to see Bellers take his place.
      Well done to the big fella good goal, Suarez was Suarez friggin immense.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #550: Oct 30, 2011 11:02:01 am
      Perhaps now we have a strike force which can propel us into the top four,we just need more luck we have highest goalpost hits in the EPL. It will be a good test next week as the baggies lost to swansea 3-0. But a good effort by the reds, keep adam as penalty taker. 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #551: Oct 30, 2011 11:26:49 am
      Delighted with our performance. I was secretly a little worried before the game that we wouldn't take our chances and the Owl would be hooting in delight at gaining a point. Thankfully my fears were unfounded, and although we still need to work on converting our chances into goals, Adam and Andy ensured we had an easy ride for once as supporters, with the result never really in any doubt.

I thought we looked strong at the back, dominant in midfield, and up front we had Luis and Andy who are a handfull for any team. As some have said we haven't had the best of luck so far this season, hopefully this is the turning point, as we will probably need our full share of luck and to convert our chances into goals in the next few games.(against Chelsea and Citeh especially )

I am really enjoying our football at the moment, especially when remembering the dire stuff we had to watch at this time last year.

Happy days (touch wood)

Quick Reply