Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Glen Johnson
      (1.1%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (5.6%)
      Daniel Agger
      (4.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      (11.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (20%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (4.4%)
      Luis Suarez
      (37.8%)
      Other
      (3.3%)
      Andy Carroll
      (11.7%)

West Brom 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight

Read 32353 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: West Brom 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight
      Reply #552: Oct 30, 2011 12:13:36 pm
      Not a mention of missing Stevie or Jamie how far have we come since Kenny took over. Still think it was a great allround performance and result could have been more goals but a clean sheet away from home to a team that had just won 2 on the bounce will do me fine.Sitting nicely in the pack and the team is starting to look a real threat now with plenty of options on the bench too,happy days.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #553: Oct 30, 2011 12:27:57 pm
      Watched the extended highlights and Hendo was amazing. Sometimes you don't realise it watching live but when you watch again you see the shift he puts in and his game is very sound.

Lucas was even better watching the second time round. His work ethic is amazing and his vision is beyond good.

Can you send me the  link please?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #554: Oct 30, 2011 01:14:03 pm
      Good win yesterday, Suarez a menace as ever, Lucas becoming more and more our midfield general and Carroll got another goal.

"I think the 25,000 people watching, even the Liverpool supporters, will probably agree with me that it looked like a very, very harsh decision and there was certainly no intention to foul the player or give away a penalty" - Project Owl can go and F**k himself if he thinks any Liverpool fan is gonna agree with him and say it wasn't a penalty. 

And his throwing his coat down, he just loves making a c**t out of himself doesn't he?

LFCexiled
      Reply #555: Oct 30, 2011 01:51:17 pm
      And his throwing his coat down, he just loves making a c**t out of himself doesn't he?

Reminded me of something that did.

At a place I used to work we were having a staff meeting with management attending and one particular dickhead always wanted to kick off as if he was lech walesa or somethin. Anyway, this one time he was kicking off at the managers over something that really didn't matter and shouted "I've had enough!" and stormed out. Everything calmed and about 5 minutes later the door opened and silence fell as he walked in and mumbled "forgot my phone".

Much like the owl, what a Dickhead.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #556: Oct 30, 2011 03:22:12 pm
      4 goals scored and 2 good away wins in 4 days makes it a good week to be a red. Solid performance all around yesterday. Thought we bossed the midfield and Luis and Carroll had their best game together in terms of looking like a partnership. There was lots of interchange between the two of them. Stand out performers for me were Lucas, Carroll, Suarez and Enrique. Saying that the whole back 4 looked solid and were rarely troubled. The biggest thing for me was not looking like we missed Stevie and Carra. In the past the team have always looked a bit rudderless and devoid of leadership out there when our two best scousers are missing but there was none of that yesterday. God win and it's important to win the next one ahead of the international break and a couple of tough matches against Chelsea and City coming up.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #557: Oct 30, 2011 03:31:03 pm
      The biggest thing for me was not looking like we missed Stevie and Carra. In the past the team have always looked a bit rudderless and devoid of leadership out there when our two best scousers are missing but there was none of that yesterday.

Yep. There was no one hiding out in this game, well maybe Downing but that's another story. There was plenty other leaders out on the pitch whereas before we would be looking to Stevie and Carra to fire the team up, or to show the way to go. Yesterday we had Srktel + Agger at the back and then Lucas in midfield. As a few people said too, Hendo really made his voice heard too, a real leader yesterday. All that without mentioning our captain Pepe.
      zodak
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts | 10 
      Reply #558: Oct 30, 2011 05:41:50 pm
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #559: Oct 30, 2011 06:09:27 pm

That's one scary pic. What is it, the new zombie movie coming out '28 Months Later'?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,242 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #560: Oct 30, 2011 07:43:15 pm
      Good all round performance yesterday, something isn't quite jelling at the momment but were improving, same again against Swansea and keep up the pressure. Thought Henson had improved but Downing is on the slippery slope downwards.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #561: Oct 31, 2011 05:41:24 am
      Solid performance all around.

Agger and Skrtel were rock solid Lucas and Suarez immense and Carroll did well too as did Hendo.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #562: Oct 31, 2011 07:03:03 am
       I have not seen the match but happy to say 3 points will do me very nicely thank you.Good work lads.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #563: Oct 31, 2011 08:08:25 am
      Paul Scharner saying Suarez dove to get the penalty and that Suarez is one of the best divers in the world. Went on to say it was a very soft penalty and if that kind was given, there would be 1500 penalties every game.

Wonder what he thinks about WBA's two penalties last season.

And Luis Suarez does not dive. I don't think he has ever. However, he exaggerates contact alot and occassional pretends a slight touch is like a sniper shot.

He neither appealed for a penalty nor did he even look at the linesman. He just got up and then the penalty was given.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #564: Oct 31, 2011 08:21:16 am
                ^         ^         ^
      Paul whoever is talking out of his F***ing arse.
      His comment does not deserve the respect a reply would infer.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #565: Oct 31, 2011 08:22:57 am
      It's ridiculous.

On this action, Suarez didn't exagerate anything, he's just trying to play the ball, and is not protesting for a penalty after being pushed.

He looks surprised like everyone else when the touchline referee waves his flag. The fun thing is that he got that "soft" penalty the first time in many similar actions he was not asking for one.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #566: Oct 31, 2011 08:32:57 am
       I don't thing we played that well it was more a case of WBA being poor

We have played much better this season and got nothing

That's football
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #567: Oct 31, 2011 08:34:56 am

And Luis Suarez does not dive. I don't think he has ever.

Course he has, and course he does mate, they all do. That's why Ferguson is bang out of order, they ALL dive. Luis does go to ground easily (too easily for my taste but then again I'm an old fashioned hairy ersed Northerner who thinks you're a woofter if you come off with a broken leg), but he's no worse than most.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #568: Oct 31, 2011 08:35:15 am
      It's ridiculous.

On this action, Suarez didn't exagerate anything, he's just trying to play the ball, and is not protesting for a penalty after being pushed.

He looks surprised like everyone else when the touchline referee waves his flag. The fun thing is that he got that "soft" penalty the first time in many similar actions he was not asking for one.
      He was unfairly obstructed mate and there was definite body contact - a cast iron penalty infringement.
      Anyone who says otherwise is a bullshitter or is bereft of a white stick.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #569: Oct 31, 2011 08:45:07 am
      Lucas yet again proved what a class act he is.

Quality performance, wasteful in front of goal again to some extent, but none the less, a good result.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #570: Oct 31, 2011 08:48:42 am
      Never said it wasn't a penalty.

If I called it "soft" it's because referees ignore similar fouls 90% of the time in EPL (in France or Spain nobody would have discussed it was a pen, I think), so I can understand why the decision was a surprise for most when it was taken. No Liverpool player, even Suarez, was going to protest to get it I think.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #571: Oct 31, 2011 09:06:48 am
      Never said it wasn't a penalty.

If I called it "soft" it's because referees ignore similar fouls 90% of the time in EPL (in France or Spain nobody would have discussed it was a pen, I think), so I can understand why the decision was a surprise for most when it was taken. No Liverpool player, even Suarez, was going to protest to get it I think.
      Fair play to you mate, I disagree tho on your description of it being "soft" as stated there was body contact and the lad did obstruct him, anywhere on the field of play that is a foul so in the box...
      Suarez didn't roll about because he knew the decision was a foregone conclusion.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #572: Oct 31, 2011 10:13:55 am
      Course he has, and course he does mate, they all do. That's why Ferguson is bang out of order, they ALL dive. Luis does go to ground easily (too easily for my taste but then again I'm an old fashioned hairy ersed Northerner who thinks you're a woofter if you come off with a broken leg), but he's no worse than most.

That's not diving. That's exaggeration of contact but Suarez is also known for pretending, IMO, like against Everton. Like what Busquets and Alves do all the time. Diving was like Berbatov's when no one touched him or Downing against United.

But maybe it was a soft penalty given away but Suarez touched the ball and Thomas didn't get the ball at all and shoved Suarez out of the way.

No player appealed for a penalty until the linesman waved his flag.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #573: Oct 31, 2011 10:18:42 am
      I personally don't see the debate on the penalty, Luis got his body across him and got to the ball and Thomas barged him over... Clear pen for me.. Only surprise was the Lino had to give it..
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #574: Oct 31, 2011 10:48:35 am
      I heard a new song being sung by a few near me at the game but never got going so can anyone help - heres what i have:

We like it we like it we like in fact we F***ing love it we love it we love it...

Any clues boys / girls....??

Quick Reply