Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Glen Johnson
      (1.1%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (5.6%)
      Daniel Agger
      (4.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      (11.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (20%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (4.4%)
      Luis Suarez
      (37.8%)
      Other
      (3.3%)
      Andy Carroll
      (11.7%)

West Brom 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight

Read 32273 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: West Brom 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight
      Reply #575: Oct 31, 2011 11:00:41 am
      There wasn't even an exaggeration from Luis for the penalty decision, the bloke missed the ball and took him out, simple as that. He didn't even appeal until the penalty was actually given.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #576: Oct 31, 2011 11:12:17 am
      Just flicked talksport on and Andy Gray is saying it wasn't a pen surprise surprise... I've never considered myself biased I always think if it was in our box would I moan ( to a degree of course ) but in the cold light of day when you look back and I would expect that to be given against us

Pen all day long for me... Shithouses banging on about it on national radio and tv will only increase whiskey nose's point about Luis being a diver and he will get less and less .. It's a F***ing disgrace I don't see the debate on it
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #577: Oct 31, 2011 11:34:15 am
      I don't thing we played that well it was more a case of WBA being poor

We have played much better this season and got nothing

That's football

West Brom were poor.  Poor because they couldn't get the ball off our midfield.

But I do agree with you that we have played better and got nothing (Stoke).  I think we played much better though than some of our draws (Sunderland, Norwich and United).
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #578: Oct 31, 2011 11:35:57 am
      Just flicked talksport on and Andy Gray is saying it wasn't a pen surprise surprise.

It was a definite foul, and it was in the penalty box.

It was a really silly foul to commit as well - there was no need for it as all the defender had to do was kick the ball away.  It serves them right for doing what so many other teams try to do and that is rough Suarez up early doors.  It's ended in tears for Stoke and West Brom within a week now.  If Swansea try it next weekend then they'll regret it as well.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #579: Oct 31, 2011 12:11:18 pm
      we obviously played really well. once our two front men get better we will be a great unit. I got home at half time so didn't see any goals but after watching the game in full we destroyed them in the first half. Enrique is some player. we have great depth that can play our style so well, like Kuyt Bellamy Maxi and guys like Spearing Henderson Adam coming on. now it's time for Downing to cement his place at LFC and start feeding big man AC and Luis at a scary pace!

Luis has to keep his head - he needs to have more class! just loves bobbing around everywhere like a maniac doesn't he? if he can become a mature complete striker next to a devastating big man in Andy Carroll we will be successful again.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #580: Oct 31, 2011 12:29:47 pm
      Just flicked talksport on and Andy Gray is saying it wasn't a pen surprise surprise.  I've never considered myself biased I always think if it was in our box would I moan ( to a degree of course ) but in the cold light of day when you look back and I would expect that to be given against us

can't believe that scum is still allowed to work in the profession, the man is a truly classless moron.

it was a foul inside the penalty area, hence it was a penalty, no question about it. i agree with big mick, he does go down too easily soemtimes - he doesn't dive, just exaggerates when he's been fouled often -, but like a lot of you have mentioned, so many do it in the prem nowdays. suarez is definitely not a diver, horrible c***s like nani are in a league of their own when it coems to diving.

either way, it was a good away win. west brom is a tough away fixture so i'm very happy about the result. very happy for caroll too, the goal will go a long way to regaining his confidence. and really, in suarez, we've got an absolute gem of a player, wouldn't swap him for a 10 torres'
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #581: Oct 31, 2011 03:13:48 pm
      can't believe that scum is still allowed to work in the profession, the man is a truly classless moron.
      '
      It is an insight into the gobs***e's mindset that he believes people still want to hear to hear the sh*te he spouts.
      Perhaps it's an insult to gobshites to put the fuckwit in that category.
      No doubt it's one of cunty Murdoch's oppo's and he's sorted the fuckwit out with a vehicle to continue his LFC paranoid ramblings.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #582: Oct 31, 2011 03:27:35 pm
      I personally don't see the debate on the penalty, Luis got his body across him and got to the ball and Thomas barged him over... Clear pen for me.. Only surprise was the Lino had to give it..
      Proves the point that ref's have a F***ing agenda with Luis, he's obviously digested fully Slur Alcho's comments about Luis "diving all over the place" and took it as an FA directive.
      The linesman on the other hand was doing the job he is qualified to.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #583: Oct 31, 2011 03:33:58 pm
      Having seen the penalty again, I think it was a penalty.
      Foul in the box = Penalty.
      Good win, clean sheet.

Quiet in here. :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #584: Oct 31, 2011 03:38:23 pm
      Having seen the penalty again, I think it was a penalty.
      Foul in the box = Penalty.
      Good win, clean sheet.

Quiet in here. :D
      All day mate.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #585: Oct 31, 2011 04:05:39 pm
      Proves the point that ref's have a f***ing agenda with Luis, he's obviously digested fully Slur Alcho's comments about Luis "diving all over the place" and took it as an FA directive.
      The linesman on the other hand was doing the job he is qualified to.

Exactly.  My first reaction was penalty I couldn't believe he didn't give it immediately.. Listening to 606 podcast today they called it dubious too?? If it had been any player I would have thought penalty it's a disgrace if he is being targeted .. How whiskey chops can say anything about diving is a joke with the players he has managed over the years

Buts it's obviously had an effect as 5live, talksport and the football league shows ( impartial) commentators have all made comment in the last week and the ref didn't give an obvious penalty immediately  . 
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #586: Oct 31, 2011 04:15:45 pm
      I think it will take a stone wall penalty in a big game where the penalty scored could affect the result of a game where the foul is on Luis and not given.

The media love how 'things even out'. Ridiculous.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #587: Oct 31, 2011 04:20:52 pm
      I think it will take a stone wall penalty in a big game where the penalty scored could affect the result of a game where the foul is on Luis and not given.

The media love how 'things even out'. Ridiculous.

I know it's another thread but that's one of my most hated football sayings... Things even themselves out over the year....
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #588: Oct 31, 2011 04:32:40 pm
      I know it's another thread but that's one of my most hated football sayings... Things even themselves out over the year....

Me too.

Each decision should be taken for its own one. Even decisions in one game evening themselves out.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #589: Oct 31, 2011 04:38:08 pm
      Me too.

Each decision should be taken for its own one. Even decisions in one game evening themselves out.

Refs get decisions wrong that's fine but they don't " even out" that's rubbish...

At least it's not just me... Seriously "professional " pundits use that far to often
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #590: Oct 31, 2011 08:23:41 pm
      It's funny how this decision seems to have caused so much chat in the media. You wathc it back over and over and you think Penalty but the funny thing is that nobody in a red shirt actually appealed (even Luis, he simply glanced up at the ref) for it and i guess that makes it easy to call it soft.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #591: Oct 31, 2011 08:37:20 pm
      It's funny how this decision seems to have caused so much chat in the media. You wathc it back over and over and you think Penalty but the funny thing is that nobody in a red shirt actually appealed (even Luis, he simply glanced up at the ref) for it and i guess that makes it easy to call it soft.
      The lad was no doubt thinking if I kick off the ref will give me F**k all as is their way, with the world and his wife calling him a diver.
      He's kept his head down and hoped common sense prevails, which it did in the form of the linesman.
      Kenny maybe had a word about such situations and told everyone to not over-react.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #592: Oct 31, 2011 09:43:32 pm
      I honestly see no controversy in the penalty decision.
      it was a stone wall penalty on my interpretation.
      Of course Suarez made the most of it, like all top class strikers would do.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #593: Oct 31, 2011 09:50:49 pm
      It definitely was a penalty, IMO.

Suarez got the ball from the first WBA guy, pushes the ball away from Thomas, Thomas blocks him and Thomas didn't even touch the ball. However, no one appealed for a penalty, not even Suarez but the linesman gave it. So it's not right to say that Suarez "dove" to win a penalty as his reaction doesn't say that all, or at least that could have been what he wanted us to think :laugh:

Think about all these football decisions, they are the referee's call. They don't even themselves out and all that crap. The referee/linesman calls it, the team gets it. You win some, you lose some.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #594: Oct 31, 2011 11:32:46 pm
      It was a penalty stone wall no questions asked.

Thomas's knee bundled Suarez over and he followed up with his upper body. Besides we should have had a second one 3 minutes later with the handball.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #595: Oct 31, 2011 11:45:00 pm
      It was a penalty stone wall no questions asked.

Thomas's knee bundled Suarez over and he followed up with his upper body. Besides we should have had a second one 3 minutes later with the handball.

Agree. You cant fend a player off the ball when your 6 yards away from it yourself...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #596: Nov 01, 2011 12:10:24 am
      Alan Green on 606, listening to a (hypocrite) Manc moan about how Suarez dived for the penalty & his play acting etc,. Green listened to it all,  agreed that diving was not on, but ended the call by saying the Suarez penalty was a stonewaller.  Hilarious.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #597: Nov 01, 2011 06:29:31 am
       I got to see the match at last today and with a bit of luck we could of won 5 or 6 nil,the lads are playing good football and some team is going to get a hiding before long.

Quick Reply