Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

F.A. Cup 2011/12

Read 28690 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: F.A. Cup 2011/12
      Reply #460: Apr 15, 2012 08:50:45 pm
      Just had the Chelsea "Historian" on the radio................ He must have the easiest job in the F***ing world...

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #461: Apr 15, 2012 09:45:23 pm
      When we beat the Chavs and if they finish 6th outside of a european qualifiying spot based on us winning both domestic cups as I read the situation we gain a better placing in Europe for winning the F.A.Cup rather than the Carling Cup.
      If that is the case would it be Cardiff playing in the Europa League rather than Chelsea due to us claiming the winners spot by winning the F.A.Cup ?
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #462: Apr 15, 2012 11:36:41 pm
      When we beat the Chavs and if they finish 6th outside of a european qualifiying spot based on us winning both domestic cups as I read the situation we gain a better placing in Europe for winning the F.A.Cup rather than the Carling Cup.
      If that is the case would it be Cardiff playing in the Europa League rather than Chelsea due to us claiming the winners spot by winning the F.A.Cup ?
      That is correct, and I would love that to happen. Especially after their fans today.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #463: Apr 16, 2012 07:44:56 pm

THE FA Cup is to be moved this year from its traditional Saturday 3pm kick-off — meaning a travel nightmare for Liverpool fans.

Chelsea's clash with the Reds will now kick-off at 5.15pm on May 5 but Liverpool supporters will struggle to get home as planned Bank Holiday weekend engineering works mean ALL train services from London to the city that night have been cancelled.

It will be the first time the final will not have started at 3pm since the showpiece game has been played at Wembley.

The move could lead to yet more claims that the FA is undermining the game - which used to bring the curtain down on the English football season.

Floodlights will come into play during the game for the first time in 19 years — the last being Arsenal's 1993 replay clash with Sheffield Wednesday on a Thursday night after a drawn Saturday match.

Whats the FAs agenda here?     Train works that weekend. Trains via Manchester or Stoke home. FFS   !!
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #464: Apr 16, 2012 07:52:01 pm

THE FA Cup is to be moved this year from its traditional Saturday 3pm kick-off — meaning a travel nightmare for Liverpool fans.

Chelsea's clash with the Reds will now kick-off at 5.15pm on May 5 but Liverpool supporters will struggle to get home as planned Bank Holiday weekend engineering works mean ALL train services from London to the city that night have been cancelled.

It will be the first time the final will not have started at 3pm since the showpiece game has been played at Wembley.

The move could lead to yet more claims that the FA is undermining the game - which used to bring the curtain down on the English football season.

Floodlights will come into play during the game for the first time in 19 years — the last being Arsenal's 1993 replay clash with Sheffield Wednesday on a Thursday night after a drawn Saturday match.

Whats the FAs agenda here?     Train works that weekend. Trains via Manchester or Stoke home. FFS   !!

They're just being stupid cu*ts again, which comes naturally to them.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #465: Apr 16, 2012 08:56:24 pm
      I know its not the matchday thread yet but heres my tactical "analysis".

I think it would be naive for us to play 4-4-2 against Chelsea, especially with a midfield of Gerrard and Spearing only in the centre. If gerrard gets forward, Spearing sits but is up against at least 2-3 Chelsea midfielders, who are relatively tall and strong. Plus with Chelsea having a fairly strong defence and aerial presence, not sure how much success big Andy will get against their defence. They dont have the quickest defenders so we should play to exploit their lack of mobility. Assuming we have a full strength team (bar Lucas), I would line up the team as...

Reina
        Johnson  Skrtel             Agger  Enrique

Spearing         Henderson
        Kuyt                  Gerrard                 Maxi
                                Suarez

This will allow Gerrard to bomb forward and have more of a influence in the game behind Suarez. Suarez, Maxi and Kuyt have all got great movement and a good understanding which will help us  ;D

I picked Dirk on the right because he can offer some protection to Johnno who also gets forward but Kuyt is also as a aerial thread and outlet. In the past games against CHelsea if we need to knock the ball long, aim for Kuyt. Marking him aerially is Ashley Cole and there is only going to be one winner there ;) Also Dirk can be a second striker if needed as he does tend to play centrally, even if his tactical position is wide right.

Bellamy to come on in the 2nd half, taking into account possibly extra time and penalties. And options of Carroll, Downing, Shelvey as well.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #466: Apr 17, 2012 01:25:34 am
      I know its not the matchday thread yet but heres my tactical "analysis".

I think it would be naive for us to play 4-4-2 against Chelsea, especially with a midfield of Gerrard and Spearing only in the centre. If gerrard gets forward, Spearing sits but is up against at least 2-3 Chelsea midfielders, who are relatively tall and strong. Plus with Chelsea having a fairly strong defence and aerial presence, not sure how much success big Andy will get against their defence. They dont have the quickest defenders so we should play to exploit their lack of mobility. Assuming we have a full strength team (bar Lucas), I would line up the team as...

Reina
        Johnson  Skrtel             Agger  Enrique

Spearing         Henderson
        Kuyt                  Gerrard                 Maxi
                                Suarez

This will allow Gerrard to bomb forward and have more of a influence in the game behind Suarez. Suarez, Maxi and Kuyt have all got great movement and a good understanding which will help us  ;D

I picked Dirk on the right because he can offer some protection to Johnno who also gets forward but Kuyt is also as a aerial thread and outlet. In the past games against CHelsea if we need to knock the ball long, aim for Kuyt. Marking him aerially is Ashley Cole and there is only going to be one winner there ;) Also Dirk can be a second striker if needed as he does tend to play centrally, even if his tactical position is wide right.

Bellamy to come on in the 2nd half, taking into account possibly extra time and penalties. And options of Carroll, Downing, Shelvey as well.
      As much as i dislike Carroll as a player, I would NEVER bench a player that grabbed 2 winners in the last 2 matches...credit where its due
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #467: Apr 17, 2012 07:20:24 pm
      Carroll and Suarez need to start every game together!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #468: May 01, 2012 01:54:05 am
      Just read that The Enemy will be playing at the Cup final.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #469: May 01, 2012 10:04:16 am

Chelsea are the 'enemy'  ;)  :laugh:
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #470: May 01, 2012 08:31:01 pm
      Lets bag another one come Saturday
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #471: May 02, 2012 09:48:46 am

Judas?  :f_steam:
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #472: May 05, 2012 09:58:57 pm
      Time to close the thread!
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun