Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Gerrard injury concerns

Read 9558 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Gerrard injury concerns
      Reply #23: Oct 31, 2011 02:41:00 pm
      To be honest, I think we are already preparing for life without Steven Gerrard.

In this calender year, he's hardly played a game and this season itself, we've got many midfielders in the squad and they have been doing well enough to win games.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #24: Oct 31, 2011 02:48:38 pm
      Apparently the injury was caused by Charlie Adam who's quite keen on playing first team footy and fell in training then accidentally bit Stevie on the ankle and the wound was infected with all the buckfast in his gob.

While he was on the floor Hendo got his injury confused with a jelly fish sting and pissed on it, that didn't help.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #25: Oct 31, 2011 02:49:15 pm
      Rather then the injury im more concerned how it happened. It seems he has picked up an infection from a minor cut not to long after his groin. He obviously has an underlying condition that is what worries me most and i think we are seeing the beginning of the end of one of our greatest players
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #26: Oct 31, 2011 02:57:59 pm
      Rather then the injury im more concerned how it happened. It seems he has picked up an infection from a minor cut not to long after his groin. He obviously has an underlying condition that is what worries me most and i think we are seeing the beginning of the end of one of our greatest players

I hope your not right with that last statement... Stevie has been brilliant for the club and deserves to go out on his terms... Shame it tends not to happen that way.

Sounds like it happened from a nothing tackle in training as well and he travelled with the squad Friday but it worsened..
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #27: Oct 31, 2011 03:19:03 pm
      F***ing hell Stevie, wash your socks before training and use some neosporin :D .
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #28: Oct 31, 2011 03:24:23 pm
      Yeh its early days but a cast on after a cut needing more antibiotics is not a good sign for me.

When he is fit, he is one of the best in the world. . but this is his 2nd infection this year, on basic cuts. 

It seems he has picked up an infection from a minor cut not to long after his groin.

I just want to clear up that infections don't necessarily come from open wounds. Nobody ever said it was from a cut... It's developed under the flesh in his ankle, it caused it to swell up, hence the need for the IV Antibiotics.

onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #29: Oct 31, 2011 04:01:38 pm
      Never thought I would say it so soon, but I think his time is coming to an end.

He even admitted himself a few weeks ago that he considered packing in after being out for 6 months. He regains fitness and this knocks him back down again, rumors suggesting he could be out for another 2 months? Really doesn't look good, I think Kenny has already started to make preparations for when his time does come to an end with a few of the signings in the Summer.

I no longer think our team is based around Gerrard, for me Suarez is the fulcrum of the team at the moment. Thats not to say a fit Steven Gerrard couldn't walk straight back in to our starting 11, but I think his loss would of been felt much harsher 2/3 years ago than it is today.

Get well soon Stevie.

Totally agree. Unfortunately I think the end is nigh for our hero. Carra's gone soon too - Time for the new boys to step up: Henderson, Adam and Downing have big boots to fill.

Bellers, Kuyt and Pepe Reina are the senior ever-presents in the team now. Agger and Skrtel should be in there too but  Skrts still struggles and Agger will never play a 40 game season. That's why I'm glad we've got the likes of Lucas and Jose Enrique because we'll need reliability around the emerging talent.

Here's hoping Spearo, Shelvey and the few younger lads coming through at the back find their feet sooner rather than later, that being said the signs are good especially with Martin Kelly we could have a captain there.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #30: Oct 31, 2011 04:43:00 pm
      If it is all these infections, would you not be more concerned of Steven Gerrard the person, and not Steven Gerrard the player?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #31: Oct 31, 2011 04:55:16 pm

We don't know what kind of infection Gerrard has, so no point in speculating. What we do know is, Aquilani has had a severe bacterial infection on his ankle in his last season at AS Roma, and that was the reason he was operated. He is having no problems now, so it is obviously curable, but it takes time.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #32: Oct 31, 2011 05:03:57 pm
      Some very over the top comments about us needing to plan our future without Gerrard and his days coming to an end.

Gutted but Kenny said the most he will be out is a month so people need to stop going over the top. Its unfortunate but probably coincidence that he has been unluckily injured again. The team will survive anyway. Adam has found some form and so has Hendo.

No worries in terms of us dealing with him being out for me.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #33: Oct 31, 2011 05:44:52 pm
      He's 31 hes not old and when he is fit again he will be a shoe in.Get a grip FFs reading these posts is like an obituary.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #34: Oct 31, 2011 05:47:23 pm
      This just sums it up and reveals our unluckiness. Hope he gets well soon and never gets injured again like this. We need him more than any player!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #35: Oct 31, 2011 06:28:55 pm

El Noo-Noo :D

Anyways, as for Stevie - gutted. I, like others, had hoped his return would really kick us into another gear. Looked that way with him knocking in that goal against the mancs, i was sitting there thinking this was just destiny. Guess i was wrong! He's by far my all time favorite red, being my entire life as a Liverpool fan has been with him, so this hurts seeing this sh*t happen again. Got a big poster up on the wall of him celebrating, that's what i wanna see - not the poor fella on crutches.

However, as for the question posed about planning for life without him - i feel we are already on that. Kenny certainly knew it before he even took over the job - he's smart enough to know Stevie was getting on. I feel that's the reason Rafa found Jonjo, as he certainly looks a lad who could have some Gerrard-esque qualities given the right teaching. Same with our midfield buys over the offseason, it was for sure to have the depth that we'd need in a life of Gerrard not being a week in, week out starter.

I just hope that this is just another dose of bad luck and not something more serious :-\

YNWA Stevie.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #36: Oct 31, 2011 06:43:20 pm
      The writing has been on the wall for the last 2 years hasn't it ? Stevie is not a 90 minute player every game player anymore ,his body has said enough ! Stevie will heal and i'd like to think he can play selective games where we need his quality , i'd like to think we have midfield covered with our squad and the younger players coming through ,get well soon Stevie ,you still have a job to do !!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #37: Oct 31, 2011 07:01:48 pm
      He has an infection this has nothing to do with his fitness it will not inhibit his fitness in the future once cleared.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #38: Oct 31, 2011 07:08:04 pm
      F***ing hell, some crazy posts in here.

If this was his groin gone again then fair enough but it's not, so I'm not that worried yet. Adam and Henderson are both improving game after game so we'll be fine.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #39: Oct 31, 2011 07:09:31 pm
      He has an infection this has nothing to do with his fitness it will not inhibit his fitness in the future once cleared.
      I agree...at least he won't be playing for England in those two pointless friendlies...
      he'll be back...don't worry
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #40: Oct 31, 2011 07:15:30 pm
      I agree...at least he won't be playing for England in those two pointless friendlies...
      he'll be back...don't worry

Could even be a cover up to not get called up for the England games.... conspiracy!!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #41: Oct 31, 2011 07:21:51 pm
      Could even be a cover up to not get called up for the England games. . conspiracy!!
      Probably mate....the last thing we need is a fit Gerrard getting picked to play in a game that , although would give him match fitness, could easily end up crocked and out goodstyle for months....especially if the game is on that sh*te wembley pitch....
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #42: Oct 31, 2011 07:49:17 pm
      Could even be a cover up to not get called up for the England games.... conspiracy!!
      Hope to F**k they're having it, no bollocks tell them any old sh*te.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #43: Oct 31, 2011 08:42:01 pm
      Could even be a cover up to not get called up for the England games. . conspiracy!!

I don't think that has stopped some international managers before, I believe Shane Long is out for 6 weeks with a knee and he still got called up for the Ireland squad. It is a madhouse on the international front, absolutely gutless.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #44: Oct 31, 2011 09:24:46 pm
      I read that the injury Stevie picked up was a kinock in training on Friday. He travelled to the Hawthorns on Sat but was withdrawn due to the infection in his ankle. Isn't that a bit quick for an injury to become infected ? Not sure this isn't something a little more serious than they are letting on. F***ing hope not, with Stevie back, we could step up another level. Just seems a little strange to me although I'm no medic by any stretch of the imagination. The forthcoming  Internationals may for once, be to our advantage.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #45: Oct 31, 2011 09:38:07 pm
      After years of being our soldier.
      The war has taken its toll on you.

Get well soon my hero.

Quick Reply