Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Gerrard injury concerns

Read 9530 times
      robbieisgod23/9
      Re: Gerrard injury concerns
      Reply #46: Oct 31, 2011 09:40:02 pm
      After years of being our soldier.
      The war has taken its toll on you.

Get well soon my hero.

Brought a tear to my eye...

Almost poetic
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #47: Oct 31, 2011 11:03:30 pm
      After years of being our soldier.
      The war has taken its toll on you.

Get well soon my hero.
      I'll drink to that. :ernaehrung004:
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #48: Oct 31, 2011 11:25:26 pm
      Some shitty luck has our Stevie I really feel sorry for him.

I hope this is nothing serious and will not force his arm in making any career impacting decisions if anybody deserves to lift a title it is him. With another injury scare for Stevie I can't help but wonder the short sightness of DC and KK here in sending out Aquilani on loan. I will not mention Meireles as it was Aquilani's position that was apparently being affected directly by Stevie's imminent return.

These very people who are saying we will be fine without him would be the same ones who would turn the forum upside down had we not got a result at the Hawthornes.

Either way if this is anything long term the timing could not have been worse with Chelsea x 2 and City coming up.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #49: Nov 01, 2011 12:57:05 am
      This can sometimes happen after a lengthy injury. You return with other niggles as the body is not used to continuous football.

Hopefully, he will be back sooner rather than later but it is not the end of the world. Henderson and Adam WILL step up as they did Saturday.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #50: Nov 01, 2011 01:17:16 am
      Get well soon captain.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #51: Nov 01, 2011 02:02:22 am
      I didnt want to bring it up on this forum for fear of being burned at the stake...But when I heard he was Injured AGAIN I think for the future of the team that LFC need to really take count and maybe work toward a future without Gerrard.

Some players, no matter how careful they play or how conditioned they are, are just prone to Injuries.  Its something that just haunts players for an entire career. Even if he was Injury free, he is 31 and has 4 productive seasons left?  The bell tolls for every player, and maybe its time for Gerrard. He has missed a load of what should be prime playing years.

I am also wondering if maybe their is some other underlying condition. 2 Injuries resulting in 2 Infections is weird, considering no other players have had issues with Infections.  Sometimes a training facility can have a run of Staph infections due to the facility being used by numerous players, but no other players have an Infection.

Its just weird.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #52: Nov 01, 2011 02:57:06 am
      Feel sorry for our captain. Sure as hell inside he felt that he should be on the pitch running and winning. But this could be something good for our midfielders.
      This is an opportunity for them to show their worth and prove the critics that we're that great even without Gerrard.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #53: Nov 01, 2011 03:35:47 pm
      Steven Gerrard latest
      Steven Gerrard has now undergone treatment to clear out all infection from his right ankle, which has been placed in a protective plaster cast.

The player will not be available for this weekend's game against Swansea City or for the upcoming England friendlies against Spain and Sweden.

Steven will now continue his rehabilitation programme under the guidance of the Club's medical staff.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/steven-gerrard-latest
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #54: Nov 01, 2011 06:42:12 pm
      We cant be greater without Gerrard a fit and healthy Gerrard is a huge bonus to the team.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #55: Nov 02, 2011 02:18:09 am
      My mate (doc) says it will be 3-4 weeks for such infected near bone pro blems if that is actually what he's got.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #56: Nov 02, 2011 04:13:40 am
      Yeh its early days but a cast on after a cut needing more antibiotics is not a good sign for me.

Firstly hes gotta retire from international football straight away, thought he shuldve done it after the world cup. Hes gotta lenghten his career like scholes by playing less.

Secondly i dont think Jordan is the natural successor to stevie. I think we need to take the raul money and add 25m to it and get an Hazard or someone of that nature this summer.

Thirdly he didnt look the same after coming back but to be expected after a 6mth layoff. I dont think we'l get 40 game a season out of him so lets start shaping the team a different way now

Big shock to see the pictures of Steve in plaster , all the best son keep yer chin up .

Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #57: Nov 02, 2011 06:02:24 am
      I can imagine the club have no idea how long he will be out, so they are probably just going to judge him week to week. I am gutted for Stevie, but in all honesty it's probably best he missed the International games. If he does pass fitness tests later on in the month, Should we play him in the tough stretch we have against Chelsea (x2) and then City? I would have him comes back for the home tie against QPR in early December.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #58: Nov 02, 2011 07:51:01 am
      It seems that not so long ago the media said we were a two man team with Gerrard and Torres.  Ironic then that our results have improved so much without either of them in the team.

Most Liverpool fans would almost certainly suggest that Gerrard should be one of the first names on the team sheet. But how long do you build your team and football based on a player who isn't really absent.

Do Liverpool need to start thinking about life without Gerrard as a key member of the team and start playing to the strengths of our other midfielders?  I'd suggest that for Liverpool's sake we do.

Well, a difficult point to raise due to Stevie's already legendary status at the club, and it does seem to some that if you question our captain's future then it is seen as blasphemy.

That said, I'm sure most people's first reaction was one of shock and disappointment, and it is only natural, I feel, to have doubts that Steven can overcome yet another tricky obstacle such as this.

He sounded so confident to have regained full fitness after his groin operation, but another setback, even if not directly related to the previous one, must be crushing for him.

I imagine our disappointment as supporters must be nothing compared to his own, as I'm sure he still harboured hopes of raising more trophies under Kenny's rule, maybe even the league.

Well, it's still early days in the season, and on a positive note, we have a decent depth of quality in the midfield that has the chance to develop now. Plenty of time for Gerrard to recover, but, should the worst come to the worst, also plenty of time for our management to assess the full picture and plan ahead of the January and summer transfer windows.

I'll leave that in their hands, and, as a supporter, just wish Stevie to recover as quickly and as fully as possible.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #59: Nov 02, 2011 12:17:19 pm
      Can't believe the negativity of some posters on here its like Stevie never put a Red jersey on let alone dragged an average team to some fantastic wins.
      He is 31 a very fit healthy lad who takes care of himself and he will be back and fresh for the secondhalf of the season which will be a fantastic boost to the team.The only thing I would like is if he said he was going to retire from England but he will not do that.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #60: Nov 02, 2011 12:33:44 pm
      A Liverpool team is always stronger with a fully fit Steve Gerrard playing in his natural role, for the time being we have a strong enough squad to keep the momentum going in all competitions, while Stevie returns to full fitness.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #61: Nov 02, 2011 02:28:36 pm
      I think people are overreacting to this news.  I do feel gutted for Stevie, as this is another unnecessary setback, but he should only be out for another 2-3 weeks.  He worked very hard to regain match fitness after a 6 month layoff, and he looked damn good against the mancs!!  I have a feeling that this will be a minor setback.  We will get him fit and firing on all cylinders, and he will be like a new signing for us going into the 2nd half of the season!!! 

YNWA Stevie!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #62: Nov 02, 2011 02:32:21 pm
      I think people are overreacting to this news

There was a lot of speculation in the summer that he was going to retire.  And then when he came out and admitted he was thinking about it then it put truth to those rumours.

The fact that he has now picked up another injury will understandably concern us - especially given that he has already contemplated retirement once this year.

Hope he recovers quickly and it really is an unrelated blip.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #63: Nov 02, 2011 02:36:57 pm
      I don't think it's an overreaction.

It merely highlights his importance to this team. I think we were all relieved to see him back in the team as he is the greatest player we have had in the modern era.
      Frustration might be a better word. I do hope he recovers and helps us to silverware this season, but at the same time these injuries are starting to play a part in his
      thought process.

We must acknowledge that Stevie and Jamie are now entering the autumn of their careers. Hopefully the go out in glory and not riddled with injuries.
      No doubt Kenny and Comolli will look to strengthen the right areas in January.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #64: Nov 02, 2011 03:26:01 pm
      I really don't know why some posters here,   think that stevie is "finished' because he had a setback with this  ankle infection, he came trough with the more serious(IMO) injury (groin) , If it was the same groin injury again maybe i would have thought about him ready to hang his boots myself, but this is a different part of his body
       I'm sure he will be back fitter  and We all will be delighted again by his return and performances

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #65: Nov 02, 2011 04:33:20 pm
      He didnt consider retirement he thought it maybe forced upon him which is different as his desire to play for LFC has not diminshed.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #66: Nov 02, 2011 05:00:01 pm
      Nobody wants to see him or Carra retire.
      Let's not get too wound up here.
      Obviously I want to see him fit and fighting, much in the same way as I want Agger to put a full season in.

What I'm saying is provision needs to be made in the next couple of windows in case that is not what happens.
      I'm sure the club will already be looking at the right targets either way.
      igor zidane
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 13 
      Reply #67: Nov 02, 2011 05:10:09 pm
      I posted this back in july and i still believe it to be true .

Been told today by an ex player who came through my station that he's deffo been bought as gerrards replacement as stevie is fu**ed for the long term . We might get a few games out of him here and there but henderson is his replacement .

I reckon stevie will be treated like ledley king , rest him for the most part but have him fit for the important games. .
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #68: Nov 02, 2011 05:17:27 pm
      I posted this back in july and i still believe it to be true .

Been told today by an ex player who came through my station that he's deffo been bought as gerrards replacement as stevie is fu**ed for the long term . We might get a few games out of him here and there but henderson is his replacement .

I reckon stevie will be treated like ledley king , rest him for the most part but have him fit for the important games. .

To be fair to Gerrard they are (apparently) two different injuries, so not to sure how what you heard really applies Igor? Hopefully he will be fit to play against Citeh and Chelsea...... if only off the bench. 

Quick Reply