Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Gerrard injury concerns

Read 9542 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Gerrard injury concerns
      Reply #92: Nov 03, 2011 08:11:09 pm
      i dont think there will be one though that will be genuinely happy when he is finally done

Sorry mate but I beg to differ after the comments I have seen over the last few months.
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #93: Nov 03, 2011 08:13:02 pm
      its just a setback..he will back for citeh defo..maybe not chelsea
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #94: Nov 03, 2011 08:14:34 pm
      Sorry mate but I beg to differ after the comments I have seen over the last few months.

well if thats the case when he actually is done and some are happy ill be suprised and a bit gutted after what the lad has done for us
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #95: Nov 03, 2011 10:42:25 pm
      Always need to plan for the future and have the players there ready to step up whenever called upon. Given we haven't missed Stevie as much over the past 12 months, give or take a month, as we would have a few years ago I think we have got the players. I think the fact we haven't had to rush him back like we have in the past is testament that we can cope without him a bit better now.

He's not irreplaceable because nobody as a footballer is, but the chances of us finding anyone with anywhere near the same quality is highly unlikely. He's been world class for the best part of the 21st century, changing games against teams of all quality on a regular basis. Scoring in every major cup final. Rescuing us when all looked lost. It's not just ability but his motivation, determination and dedication that we'll be looking to replace. But our dependance on him isn't as much as it used to be, which can only be a good thing that we now have a better team as opposed to better individually than Stevie. And that is more important that we have a better team even with lesser individuals.

He's still not finished, still got something left in the tank but he will have to adapt his game to the way his body is. Given the ability of Steven Gerrard, I don't think that's gonna be a problem.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #96: Nov 04, 2011 10:47:58 am
      How long is he out for? 2 weeks?

Read that he could return when we face Chelsea.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #97: Nov 04, 2011 10:49:25 am
      How long is he out for? 2 weeks?

Read that he could return when we face Chelsea.

kenny wont comment, said he is out of the weekend and the internationals but nothing beyond that..

he is said to be progressing well though
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #98: Dec 17, 2011 10:42:25 pm
      Man, last post on this thread was early November. It's now almost xmas and Stevie is still out. Depressing.
      Came across an article on Soccernet earlier than said he was in the UAE ... cause the warm weather might help?!?!
      I'm not a doctor but that's the first time I heard that warm weather was good for infections... just get the feeling someone's pissin down my back and tellin me it's raining.
      Anyway, supposedly he's back training on Monday.  Whatever is wrong with Stevie, I just hope it clears up, and soon.

Quick Reply