Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Chelsea - what goes around comes around

Read 3090 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Chelsea - what goes around comes around
      Sep 16, 2007 12:23:50 pm
      After Chelsea cheated their way to preventing us getting 3 points nice to see justice has been served so quickly.

Just look at his face...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/6997317.stm

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says he wants referee's assistant Peter Kirkup to apologise after the official disallowed a strike by Salomon Kalou.

TV replays suggested the Ivorian was behind the line of the ball when he sidefooted home in the second half of Saturday's 0-0 draw with Blackburn.

"I can't understand it. If the linesman wants to explain, then maybe it would be a good thing," said Mourinho.

"I told the linesman I would be waiting for his phone call to apologise." (you arrogant arsehole)

Referee Howard Webb disallowed the goal - a decision which sparked anger on the touchline with Mourinho berating the fourth official Peter Walton and urging him to look at TV replays.

Mourinho added: "We scored a great goal. Only the linesman can tell us why he disallowed the goal."

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes disputed Mourinho's version of the Kalou 'strike'.

"The goal was offside. He was only about half a yard or so, but he was offside," he said.

"From our point of view we are happy that it was offside. It would have been difficult for us to come back into the game if we had conceded at that point.

"But the assistant referee immediately put his flag up and that usually means he is pretty certain himself.

"Obviously Chelsea won't be too happy with that but if you watch it again, I think you will see it is offside."

Mourinho praised his side's display after the point which was enough to keep the Blues in the top four in the Premier League.

"The game is over and we lost two points. I have only good things to say about my players. A team without big ammunition, without the two target strikers, Didier Drogba and Claudio Pizarro," he said.

"A team without a top scorer like Frank Lampard and without that kind of ammunition, the team still played well against a team that fought a lot to keep a clean sheet and go home with a point.

"Blackburn are a team I respect because they fought a lot. But Chelsea were the best team, my players were brave and we scored a great goal.

"Blackburn started the game very well but Chelsea pushed them back. In the last 20 minutes, our attacking was massive."
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Chelsea - what goes around comes around
      Reply #1: Sep 16, 2007 01:07:35 pm
      Well thank god for that.  I haven't actually seen the goal yet but as you said justice has been served. It just shows how arrogant Moureen really is.  Phone call? :lmao:

That actually makes me feel a lot better, but still pissed that they nicked 2 points from us after that controversial pen.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Sep 16, 2007 02:24:41 pm
      Peed myself laughing at the carry on out of Maureen, who does he think he is ?  A phone call ??  :lmao: :lmao:  there's only one word that comes to mind with this JUSTICE   :D :D :D
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #3: Sep 16, 2007 02:57:01 pm
      I was also pi55ing myself when he was chucking that monitor about,like they say these things even themselves out over the season.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #4: Sep 16, 2007 03:38:42 pm
      Regarding Chelsea
      Ok this may have evened itself out for Chelsea, but please don't forget we still require that awful descision to go for us.

Regarding Liverpool
      People may say that the free kick against Villa should equal out the Chelsea pen, but no.
      That free kick (or not a free kick) was 10 yards outside the penalty area, and a moment of sheer brilliance resulted from it.

That is all we have had.
      What we need for us, is that type of 'luck' or 'refereeing incompatence' to go our way in a big match - ie, against a top 4 side and to change the result of the match.
      Then, I will say - what goes around comes around.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Sep 16, 2007 05:54:44 pm
      On realising the goal is void! Muppets!!!  :D

:tosser:
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Sep 16, 2007 06:01:40 pm
      :D :D :D

Look at the bloody fans at the back!  :lmao:

They don't look too bothered, they're probably thinking they can buy another title this season!
      « Last Edit: Sep 16, 2007 06:04:38 pm by Court LFC »
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #7: Sep 16, 2007 07:35:22 pm
      Haha, I was watching this live too, just loved to see Mourinho get so angry. Made me giggle that....
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #8: Sep 16, 2007 11:05:18 pm
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Sep 16, 2007 11:11:42 pm
       :D

Two minutes of pure moaning. Priceless.
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #10: Sep 16, 2007 11:25:59 pm
      doesnt he just make your ears bleed....

I bet he got beat up a lot as a kid at school....
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #11: Sep 18, 2007 09:07:02 am
      Damn you beat me to the post, yeh can't he just say sorry to us, he didn't even want the penalty. I hate Mourinho good on ya linesman Blackburn deserved that point.......
      jay-lfc14
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts | -1 
      Reply #12: Sep 20, 2007 05:18:40 pm
      good bye jose. dont come back in a hurry. cheats out of the game!!!

Quick Reply