Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool visit

Read 5778 times
      Markvkeulen
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 13 posts |
      Liverpool visit
      Nov 02, 2011 04:23:39 pm
      Hello,

My name is Mark, i am from the Netherlands! This weekend is my first overnight stay in Liverpool!
      We arrive friday and leave on sunday.

What are great places to go out/party in the nights? And at what time should we go to the Albert on saturday?

Thank you very much en see you in Liverpool!

Cheers
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Liverpool visit
      Reply #1: Nov 03, 2011 11:27:41 am
      Probably get the Albert by about 1 before it gets too chaotic.  So many great places to go out in Liverpool - it really does depend on what kind of places you like going to!
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #2: Nov 03, 2011 11:29:36 am
      Have fun mate, a truly fantastic city.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #3: Nov 03, 2011 12:26:24 pm
      Garlands always a good crack!

Check out...anightinliverpool. com.should give you a good idea of what you may require for the type of night out you fancy.
      Markvkeulen
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 13 posts |
      Reply #4: Nov 03, 2011 02:56:46 pm
      Thanks a lot or the reactions! I think we'll go to Mathew st!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5: Nov 03, 2011 05:22:43 pm
      Thanks a lot or the reactions! I think we'll go to Mathew st!

Cant go wrong around there Mark

Try and get into a few local pubs as well though to mix with the locals. Nicest people you will meet are scousers
      Markvkeulen
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 13 posts |
      Reply #6: Oct 17, 2014 11:20:35 am
      Next week will be my 5th time I'll go to Liverpool with my mate since I opened this topic. You could say that we liked our previous visits :)

We'll arrive on Wednesday and are going back on Sunday. This time my dad is joining for the Madrid game, his flight home is on Thursday.

On Thursday, our favorite team from our country, PSV will play in the EL. Any pubs or sportsbars that broadcast all the EL games?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: Oct 27, 2014 01:25:41 pm
      I'm in Liverpool right now, stood at the Shankly statue at the kop end waiting to go on a tour, was gona pop in the Albert for a quick pint but its closed, so I'm going to opt for a cheese burger or something from quickbites over the road :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #8: Oct 27, 2014 10:58:12 pm
      I'm in Liverpool right now, stood at the Shankly statue at the kop end waiting to go on a tour, was gona pop in the Albert for a quick pint but its closed, so I'm going to opt for a cheese burger or something from quickbites over the road :D

Are you staying for the game tomorrow Blood?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Oct 27, 2014 11:49:01 pm
      Are you staying for the game tomorrow Blood?

No MsG, I was going to, but my Dad is at work tomorrow and he wouldn't play hooky :D

Me, him, my son and my neice all went down, I even had a conversation with Steve Mcmahon, he was doing a tour for the Malaysian supporters club, I started clapping him and singing hero, hero and he came over and started talking to me, was awe struck, but we talked for about half an hour, really nice fella.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10: Oct 27, 2014 11:57:25 pm
      My Uncle passed away a few years ago, he had trials for Liverpool as a goal keeper years ago, he said if anything ever happened to him, to leave one of his shirts at the Hilsbrough memorial as a mark of respect for the 96, so we also done that for him today.

You just have to don't you...

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #11: Oct 28, 2014 12:01:52 am
      Good man Daz.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #12: Oct 28, 2014 12:28:32 pm
      No MsG, I was going to, but my Dad is at work tomorrow and he wouldn't play hooky :D

Me, him, my son and my neice all went down, I even had a conversation with Steve Mcmahon, he was doing a tour for the Malaysian supporters club, I started clapping him and singing hero, hero and he came over and started talking to me, was awe struck, but we talked for about half an hour, really nice fella.

Shame your not still there, would have met you for a bevy  :ernaehrung004:

Nice touch with the shirt hun  :hug:

Glad you had a top day.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13: Oct 28, 2014 12:42:40 pm
      My Uncle passed away a few years ago, he had trials for Liverpool as a goal keeper years ago, he said if anything ever happened to him, to leave one of his shirts at the Hilsbrough memorial as a mark of respect for the 96, so we also done that for him today.

Nice gesture mate and what better way to show his and your families respect to the 96  :gt-happyup:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #14: Oct 29, 2014 07:45:35 am

So you've been down my neck of the woods whilst I drove through Consett yesterday from Slaley to Beamish. Mad.

Staying at Slaley Hall until tomorrowwith the other half, my lad and my Dad. Cracking hotel - been here a few times - but F***ing hell it's more expensive than when I go to London for a bevvie.

Quick Reply