Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Daniel Agger disgust at Liverpool's performance

Read 8025 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Daniel Agger disgust at Liverpool's performance
      Reply #46: Nov 07, 2011 07:58:35 pm
      Conspiracy time.

Gerrard did mention Downing could be our new Barnes...'If he wants to be'. Not as passionate?
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #47: Nov 07, 2011 08:22:59 pm
      Its refreshing, in a strange way, to hear one of our players coming out and saying this. Well-in Dagger!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #48: Nov 07, 2011 08:43:27 pm
      Have you thought of the effect this might have on other players in the squad it may well cause problems. Don't forget that Agger has hardly put in a shift for a few years now not his fault but he hasn't been like Jamie an ever present has he.
      Its hard to argue with his point of view but this could spell trouble and I can see the press having a field day about the different factions with Anfield thew splits and arguements.Keep it in house please.
      he should concentrate  on his own performance and if he has issues with any players speak to them man to man.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #49: Nov 07, 2011 09:21:21 pm
      The only issues this would cause in the dressing room is if those it's directed at take offence. I personally hope they do and address the serious worry Dagger and many fans have on here of lazy cash hungry players not putting the effort in, because if they take offence and raise it with Dagger I'm sure the rest of the team will back him up and embarress the culprits.

The best scenario will be that the people in question (I believe Downing / Adam) will buck up their ideas and stop boxing and start running and playing a full match at premiership speed rather than the odd little run here and there because it's depressing to watch someone like Enrique or Suarez bust a gut just to be let down by people who seem to not care as much.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #50: Nov 07, 2011 09:28:16 pm
      I think Kenny see's alot of Alan Hansen in Agger, I know I do. :D

Exactly what I was thinking!

Well, I don't think it should be an issue as Danny is probably one of the most senior players in the size alongside Carra, Gerrard and Pepe. I mean he's been there for such a long time and he has seen us reach a European final and finish second in the league and it's only fair that others put their shift in by putting more effort.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #51: Nov 07, 2011 10:21:34 pm
      Dan Agger is my favourite player but i can't help feel like comments like this to the media shouldn't happen and that this should be held behind closed doors.

But i guess it's good to see his passion and that he doesn't just settle with collecting his wage every week. 
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #52: Nov 07, 2011 10:51:13 pm
      I hope the same disgust is directed towards the "fans", including some of the people here.

Some people here are about as happy as a dead rock, even when we win.
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #53: Nov 08, 2011 12:27:48 pm
      Well said Agger!

I cannot believe how people wanted to sell him. He makes such a big difference in our defence, for the team and our club! Hope he can maintains the rest of the season free of injury.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #54: Nov 08, 2011 01:02:40 pm
       I don't like it when players post stuff up which can be construed as even slightly negative towards their teammates. The "some more than others" comment was unnecessary, particularly given Swansea carved us open through the middle of the defence on a couple of occasions. There's little point in the King saying we'll sort it out "behind closed doors" if players come out with such daft statements.

IMHO the following players were way below their best on Saturday- Downing, Adam, Lucas, Henderson, Suarez. None of the rest were dazzlingly good either, it's a team game and the team were sh!te.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #55: Nov 08, 2011 04:04:14 pm
      Not so much Kenny, but I would hope it may cause one or two players to take a long hard look at themselves, Agger is right especially with this comment "‘We have to win these types of games, no matter which kind of team we put out. We are Liverpool Football Club.",
      Absolutely love that commment.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #56: Nov 08, 2011 05:39:42 pm
      why do we have to motivate players who earn so much. after all they are supposed to be fullfilling thre dream and love what they are doing. The same thing happened at the world cup with the english players similar attitudes prevail at LFC.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #57: Nov 08, 2011 05:51:49 pm
      Danny doesn't get anywhere near enough credit for his attitude towards the club. Remember after Roy's departure he came out and said 'we were sh*t'. He's an absolute credit to the club and his knowledge of the Liverpool Way is on par with the likes of Kenny & Rafa.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #58: Nov 08, 2011 06:00:27 pm
      He should do his talking on the pitch I think he is in his 6th or 7th season so far for us and has avg about 20 games a season and scored about 3 goals.
      That in my mind dosen't give him legend status despite his obvious talent. he needs to get on and prove himself through his performances not through having a go in public at his team mates.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #59: Nov 08, 2011 06:51:53 pm
      Basically spoke how we want a player to. Realise what went wrong and realise that the finger needs to get pulled right out.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #60: Nov 08, 2011 07:42:46 pm
      Well said too many under performers, starting to look like if Suarez dosn't score we don't score
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #61: Nov 08, 2011 11:53:54 pm
      Quote from JoeyLFC
      God I hope we have him at our club for many more years.

I am really scared of the situation if we don't make champions league, how many players will want to leave again.

Agger is a top player. He could play at any club in the world in my opinion, and I'm so glad we have him. I hope that we get back to the top so we can hang on to him.

We all want to win the league, and be in the European Cup, but we need European football back next year, even if it isn't the European Cup.

It's no coincidence that the players we have signed in the past 12 months, have mainly come from clubs a long way off playing in Europe, if at all, at their previous clubs. To attract that extra bit of quality, we need to be in Europe, in order to get noticed.

Quick Reply