Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (37.7%)
      Glen Johnson
      (5.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (2.1%)
      Daniel Agger
      (8.2%)
      Jose Enrique
      (19.9%)
      Charlie Adam
      (4.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (6.8%)
      Luis Suarez
      (6.2%)
      Andy Carroll
      (2.7%)
      Stuart Downing
      (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (0%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (2.7%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (0.7%)

Liverpool 0-0 Swansea: Post Match Sorrows

Read 67295 times
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Swansea
      Reply #483: Nov 05, 2011 05:05:25 pm
      I have to say that its not going our way at the minute. Its very frustrating to watch . We just don't have the frightening factor and that comes by stuffing the lesser teams and gaining confidence.
      I don't think we are far away but maybe just missing a superstar in midfield - ie stevie on form.
      Most of the players look tense and low on confidence which is exactly what the fans look like.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #484: Nov 05, 2011 05:05:31 pm
      Have to say Charlie Adam proved me wrong today, thought he'd have picked up a second yellow if he stayed on the pitch, so in that sense he's restored some of the faith I'd lost in him in that scenario, leave the bitching and moaning out, it was one of those games, Swansea were better than us for long periods in the game, but when we played like we can play we showed who were the better team by far, but we need to do that for 90 minutes per game, you can't turn up for ten minutes in the premier league and expect to take all 3 points, onto the next game.

Well I'm away to get a shower and get myself ready to go out on the piss, which I'm pleased to say given the bitching thats going on in here.

Guarantee there will be no warnings handed out though. ;D
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #485: Nov 05, 2011 05:05:41 pm
      pissed off, f***ing pissed off. yes we created several chances, yes we had a big push in the end, but it's f***ing swansea.

1 - the number of times we gave away the ball and stupid free kicks in the middle of the park is shocking. hendo'sshite, adam half decent but NOT a liverpool dominating midfilder and downing was absolutely pisspoor.

2 - caroll, how many you gonna miss? f***ing get your act together and stop looking so immobile and haphazard when trying to control the ball

3 - yes swansea are a really good passing side, but f*** me, how much space do they need? lucas did his usual shift and when kuyt came in worked hard, but rest of midfield just let them f***ing have the ball. no pressing.

4 - tactic wasn't great. we knew swansea would defend deep, so why have over 50 % of our attacks down the middle hoofing to caroll? i'm sorry but kenny got that wrong (i'm allowed to criticise him every now and then). downing and hendo should have been stretching them down the wings like enrique did all match.

but kenny can't do anything about the lack of pressing in midfield and poor finishing. the reason why keepers seem to be making save after save is down to poor finishing, fact.

pepe, enrique and occasionally johnson looked like they really wanted it today. rest, average.

F***IING ANNOYED
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #486: Nov 05, 2011 05:05:48 pm
      No you stick your head in your arse and refuse to f***ing back the team. Inside the first half you were f***ing bi*ching about the 'system' or that Kenny doesn't make changes quick enough.

I can be disappointed and not be spouting off during the match where our lads are trying to nick it.

F**ks sake. Our fans have fallen to the likes of every other f***ing fans around the country.

We weren't good enough on the day. It cost us.
      I'm with corballyred on this one.

If the team or players aren't living up to our expectations and doing what they should be doing then ,as supporters, we have a right to express our frustration.

It's part of the game.

I back red5man, you support your team for 90 minutes and when the final whistle goes, then it should be time to review the match.

Awful result, not good enough and the performance was very poor.

I do think it's time for Dalglish to have a look at trying to change the formation to introduce a more fluidity style of football.

He seems content to play 442 and I don't think we have the players for that formation, seems like he's playing round holes, in square pegs. 

Fair play to Swansea, they played good possession football, with pace and directness and defended very well and compactly. But no offensive, we should be beating them.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #487: Nov 05, 2011 05:06:04 pm

Best joke i'v heard all day LMFAO at this we not gunna beat them simple we can't beat a Sh*t team like swansea,also we shoud've kept raul and why buy that crap adam fat c*nt
      Yep, they really looked like a sh*t team didn't they you f***ing idiot, their good team who played well, better than the Mancs.

Adam's fat? Strange he coverd the most distance in the first half then.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #488: Nov 05, 2011 05:06:15 pm
      Crouch no point taking your frustrations out on other fans. Fans were F***ing playing today or making decisions. This is a F***ing forum for discussion not finding out who is the biggest fan.  Debate what i F***ing say rather than making personal comments. Because all that comment you made was a wind up comment.  Look at what i actually said then tell me what was wrong with what i said then. Less of the personal comments as well continue
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #489: Nov 05, 2011 05:06:30 pm
      Clearly KK has to go :p some of you seriously need to ask yourself why are you a Liverpool fan. We stick together and treat our own like family. Tough to lose points at home but I think we are lucky to get the point tbh
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #490: Nov 05, 2011 05:06:35 pm

Best joke i'v heard all day LMFAO at this we not gunna beat them simple we can't beat a Sh*t team like swansea,also we shoud've kept raul and why buy that crap adam fat c*nt

Disgusting comments
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #491: Nov 05, 2011 05:06:50 pm
      I stopped looking at my stream for a while, just listening to commentators, cause it was making me sick with so much frustration

Really got to agree with those who say this system isn't working. I like the idea of players roaming from their positions but it's different of having no balance or consistency going forward.

Carroll really should've scored in the 1st half too, so f***in frustrating
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #492: Nov 05, 2011 05:06:54 pm
      Sucks! Doesn't it? We are unable to put Swansea to the sword? Disgraceful!!

Makes me wonder what the Alan Pardrew and the likes say to their players that motivate them into grinding out results? everyone of our former Top 4 mates won today; we could only manage a draw at HOME against newly promoted Swansea. We're a joke.

We only play well when we play against Man U, Arsenal, & Chelsea. We can't even beat Tottenham!

I am super-pissed at this sorry excuse for a Top 4 team. No winning mentality at all.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #493: Nov 05, 2011 05:06:58 pm
      Without this forum, I think I would explode. We were F***ing awful today for 80 minutes, Swansea looked excellent, they will be the Blackpool of last season, so we gained a point today, its hard not to be cynical when apart from City the champions league is in our grasp. We didnt have enough leaders of the pitch today
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,942 posts | 286 
      Reply #494: Nov 05, 2011 05:07:25 pm

Grow a pair, footballs football and anything can happen, whats the point in showing up if everyone knew what was going to happen.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,512 posts | 2873 
      Reply #495: Nov 05, 2011 05:07:58 pm
      4-4-2 doesn't work for us.

We don't have the right players for it.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #496: Nov 05, 2011 05:08:28 pm

Although I would have worded it differently than you did, I do agree with you.

I never wanted Charlie and especially to replace Raul. Whoever suggested Adam to KD must have been either pissed or taking the piss.

Mr. Hollywood just doesn't cut it for me.

But I still think we can get something against the Chavs and maybe Citeh
      raj2010
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts |
      Reply #497: Nov 05, 2011 05:09:04 pm
      for next few games...bellemy and suarez should start up front...drop carroll. Let Kuyt start instead of Hendo cuz we have two massive games coming up we have no hope of beating man city playing like this.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #498: Nov 05, 2011 05:09:14 pm
      Although I would have worded it differently than you did, I do agree with you.

I never wanted Charlie and especially to replace Raul. Whoever suggested Adam to KD must have been either pissed or taking the piss.

Mr. Hollywood just doesn't cut it for me.
      Couldn't have put it any better myself
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #499: Nov 05, 2011 05:09:38 pm

Alright then. As long as you're happy with yourself.

I'll have a bit more faith and trust in my redmen and believe we'll turn this around.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #500: Nov 05, 2011 05:09:43 pm
      4-4-2 doesn't work for us.

We don't have the right players for it.

442 is too easy to counter and set up against, which is why no top manager or team has used it for years - nothing to do with the players, they are playing in a system it is very easy to exploit, especially with a midfield 5.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #501: Nov 05, 2011 05:09:47 pm
      Not good enough, simple as that. Don't care much for all our pressure and the fact that their keeper was man of the match we should win this game 99 times out of 100 and already this season we've failed too often at home. The questions have to be asked why and I believe the tactics are wrong and we're nursing poor players because we've paid big money for them. I've seen enough of Carroll now to cast my opinion and while he can win a ball in the air he doesn't have enough overall quality or fit into the team well enough to play how we should, when he was subbed off we played 10 times better and looked all over the better side. Henderson should be dropped without doubt and Adam needs to work on his sodding endurance as he disappears every second half.

Think Dyer did the best job any player has done on Enrique causing him to have his worst game, despite his poor choice in stoppage time still had a decent game but so far our summer signings looking very bad for me. People can harp on about you can't compare Aguero/Carroll - Henderson/Mata but they're similar fees and we just look to be playing our signings waiting for them to do something. In my opinion drop them until they earn their chance as they're not performing well enough to be first team players. The only time in the game Adam seems to get close to thier penalty area is when the play is slow and for our creative midfielder that's not good enough, Henderson never gets beyond the front man, Downing is looking so disappointing after having a decent start. Major re-think for me and no doubt I'll get ripped into for this but I'm so frustrated and want to see better from our team. #Gutted!

You won't get ripped from me. Think they're all fair points about players getting starts because of the fees that have been paid and that Kenny is waiting (or hoping) to get the performances from them. For me Kuyt and Bellers should be starting ahead of Hendo and Downing right now because those two aren't doing it from wide positions. I haven't given up on Carroll but I do think a change of shape at home is the way forward. I'd look to play either Carroll or Suarez through the middle. Play 2 of either Kuyt, Suarez, Bellamy in high wide positions with licence to roam and play Lucas, Spearing and Adam in the middle of the park. We're not winning the midfield battle in our home games against the lower sides and that is what is costing us (not just the missed chances) so far. I actually fancy us against the bigger sides or playing away from home tbh.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #502: Nov 05, 2011 05:09:52 pm

Well, it is a good result, considering that we were never really in control of the game, and Swansea also had some great chances. It will probably take some time before Kenny admits where the problem is, but I will always have patience for him.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #503: Nov 05, 2011 05:10:13 pm
      14 goals from 11 league games is a very poor record, to be honest.

Simples. We don't pass better and play better as a unit, we don't create chances. We don't create chances, we don't score goals (this includes converting them). We don't score goals, we don't win games.

The faster we fall behind, the more difficult it is to catch up to our ambitions.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #504: Nov 05, 2011 05:10:35 pm
      Let's watch city and see how a proper team play
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #505: Nov 05, 2011 05:11:15 pm

Knee-jerk thread is thataway -------->

Quick Reply