Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (37.7%)
      Glen Johnson
      (5.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (2.1%)
      Daniel Agger
      (8.2%)
      Jose Enrique
      (19.9%)
      Charlie Adam
      (4.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (6.8%)
      Luis Suarez
      (6.2%)
      Andy Carroll
      (2.7%)
      Stuart Downing
      (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (0%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (2.7%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (0.7%)

Liverpool 0-0 Swansea: Post Match Sorrows

Read 67470 times
      kenny the king
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts |
      • at the end of the storm there,s a golden sky
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Swansea: Post Match Sorrows
      Reply #782: Nov 06, 2011 05:31:35 pm
      So basically, you are saying that our poor performances were never criticized by our supporters during Shankly's 15 years in charge?

not the way that happened yesterday                                                                                                                                                                             
      Not the way fans criticise now, no.
      Exactly ..
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #783: Nov 06, 2011 05:37:22 pm
      Not the way fans criticise now, no.

Can you tell me a single thing in life that hasn't changed since the 60's ?

Insults and abuse for Kenny and the players are unacceptable, but every attempt to ban criticism of the manager and the players, when they perform poor, is even more stupid than the bitching and moaning.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #784: Nov 06, 2011 05:41:14 pm
      Since the arrival of FSG, we have invested £30 million in new players, in the last 2 transfer windows. A respectable amount, but nothing spectacular, and certainly not an investment guaranteeing Champions League football.

I believe your amount is the nett spent, fair statement, but my points were based on "If", "What IF" we really don't have any more money to spend, we then have no choice but to be contend with the current squad and put on our thinking cap and see what combinations that we can try and I'm sure we'll get to one that works best for us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #785: Nov 06, 2011 05:42:34 pm
      Can you tell me a single thing in life that hasn't changed since the 60's ?

Insults and abuse for Kenny and the players are unacceptable, but every attempt to ban criticism of the manager and the players, when they perform poor, is even more stupid than the bitching and moaning.

Can't you possess a little thing called faith and stop being a miserable get. First off, I haven't seen anyone attempt to ban criticism of the manager and players, plenty on here having a good whinge about yesterday. I had a go at that pugs post because it was a F***ing stupid post. But some have this unrealistic expectation of us being like our 2008/09 team when we are currently nowhere near that level.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #786: Nov 06, 2011 05:45:01 pm
      I believe your amount is the nett spent, fair statement, but my points were based on "If", "What IF" we really don't have any more money to spend, we then have no choice but to be contend with the current squad and put on our thinking cap and see what combinations that we can try and I'm sure we'll get to one that works best for us.

The only way we could finish in the top 4 at the end of the season, without signing new players in January, is if Gerrard returns to full form and fitness very soon, and stays that way.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #787: Nov 06, 2011 05:55:25 pm
      The only way we could finish in the top 4 at the end of the season, without signing new players in January, is if Gerrard returns to full form and fitness very soon, and stays that way.

Agreed, if Stevie can get back to the team soon that will give us a boost, but if the funds are there to sign a new player comes Jan, that is most welcome and I hope to see a tough tackling (ala Masch) and attacking midfielder comes on board . A proper right winger can perhaps wait till the end of the season.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #788: Nov 06, 2011 06:05:02 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #789: Nov 06, 2011 06:05:39 pm
      Tell you what Spurs have just shown what we need to learn to do.

Fulham absolutely battered Spurs and were head and shoulders the better team over 90 minutes, yet Spurs win 3-1.

Until we start winning when not performing, were going to find the top 4 slots hard to break into this year.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #790: Nov 06, 2011 06:15:34 pm
      Tell you what Spurs have just shown what we need to learn to do.

Fulham absolutely battered Spurs and were head and shoulders the better team over 90 minutes, yet Spurs win 3-1.

Until we start winning when not performing, were going to find the top 4 slots hard to break into this year.

Tottenham have the right players for the 4-4-2, or the 4-4-1-1 they have been playing lately. The presence of Modric on their team is seriously underestimated.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #791: Nov 06, 2011 06:18:16 pm
      Kenny hasn't got a clue, 4-4-2 sucks cock, need to make subs earlier, made terrible signings in the Summer, Adam is a pub house player needs a trip weight watchers, Johnson cant defend to save his life, Carroll is a carthorse should of bought Aguero/Ronaldo/Messi, Suarez cant finish his dinner let alone a chance, Lucas has the creativity of a custard pie, Downing is horrendous should of bought Mata, Henderson is another terrible buy and looks like an action man, Skrtel is more suited to wrestling, Pepe is bald, Agger is made of glass and Enrique is just.. bad. Think that just about covers everything!

From now on Im taking the realist perspective

:action-smiley-055:
      « Last Edit: Nov 06, 2011 06:38:44 pm by Dannylfc »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #792: Nov 06, 2011 06:20:35 pm
      Tottenham have the right players for the 4-4-2, or the 4-4-1-1 they have been playing lately. The presence of Modric on their team is seriously underestimated.

Tottenham were F***ing sh*te, they got battered and I mean absoloutely battered off Fulham, they had three attacks in the first half that resulted in 2 goals, the second half they rarely got out of their own half and managed to nick a goal when Fulham were throwing every one forward to try and pinch a goal with the last kick of the game.

So whilst Tottenham may have the right players for 4-4-2, they still got absolutely battered off Fulham and came out 3-1 winnersm which is something we need to learn to do, winning games when not playing well.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #793: Nov 06, 2011 06:21:16 pm

Stop confusing criticism for lack of support.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #794: Nov 06, 2011 06:23:05 pm
      Tottenham were f***ing sh*te, they got battered and I mean absoloutely battered off Fulham, they had three attacks in the first half that resulted in 2 goals, the second half they rarely got out of their own half and managed to nick a goal when Fulham were throwing every one forward to try and pinch a goal with the last kick of the game.

So whilst Tottenham may have the right players for 4-4-2, they still got absolutely battered off Fulham and came out 3-1 winnersm which is something we need to learn to do, winning games when not playing well.

Re-watch the game (or at least the highlights), and you will see what I am talking about.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #795: Nov 06, 2011 06:24:10 pm
      So basically, you are saying that our poor performances were never criticized by our supporters during Shankly's 15 years in charge?

no they did not get criticised because they left their heart and soul on the pitch at the end of the game and always got applauded off (only the REF got booed)and if the opposition had a good game they too would be applauded. Our job was easily defined as we couldn't get in the team we got behind the lads 100% and if they needed a bit more support to urge them on they got that too.The 12th man legend was not a legend but a fact. 2-0 at half time was ok because we would be kicking into the KOP End. Its the belief that has gone from the team and the supporters to a very large extent.Times have changed but not for the better IMHO taking cameras to a match is bizzare to me the only Cameras I ever saw where the press, you go to the game to get involved and vent your spleen.
      Maybe we need to use more local lads who might have that extra bit of passion which frankly without Jamie and Stevie is totally missing.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #796: Nov 06, 2011 06:24:46 pm
      Has that tit finally been banned?
      He sure has Danny, well out stayed his welcome that one.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #797: Nov 06, 2011 06:25:42 pm
      On a serious note, really disappointing yesterday. The sad fact is the teams around us will put away their chances against Swansea and grab the win regardless of their performance (No disrespect), something we are incapable of doing at the moment.

Lookin back on the first half I actually thought we played some decent stuff without creating too many clear cut chances. The big man should of put that sitter away in the first 10 minutes, think if he does its a completely different game. Nevertheless it wasn't to be, the longer the half went on the more anxious the crowd got and the ideas on the pitch began to lack. Second half they were the better team, simple as that, they passed us off the park at times and we're lucky not to sneak a win.

Really hope Stevie is back for City because their midfield will rip us apart if we play Adam and Lucas in the middle. Still fancy us to do them on our patch if Stevie is back, actually think it will be a decent atmosphere when they come as well, unlike yesterday.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #798: Nov 06, 2011 06:33:00 pm
      Re-watch the game (or at least the highlights), and you will see what I am talking about.

I don't need to re-watch the game.

They scored from a own goal from a Pace Merchant with little end product, isn't that what you call Bale ?

Then they scored from another pace merchant with no footballing brain isn't that what you call Lennon ?

Modric never had a sniff all game as the Fulham midfield done a proper job on him.

Why instead of making your smart arsed comments, can you not just say well fair doo's they got battered of Fulham but still managed to get three points ?

Or is that too F***ing hard for you ?
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #799: Nov 06, 2011 06:44:38 pm
      So apparently it was Sian Massey that called Kuyt's shot offside.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #800: Nov 06, 2011 06:45:13 pm
      Id take bale ahead of downing would you not blood. At the moment it looks like redknapp was very shrewd with the captures of adebayor and parker and id have them favourites for fourth place
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #801: Nov 06, 2011 06:45:31 pm

Aldo agreed with her decision on the radio, said it was a good call.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #802: Nov 06, 2011 06:46:21 pm

Correct & correctly.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #803: Nov 06, 2011 06:46:52 pm

There are many so called Liverpool supporters who do not understand the word "solidarity", personally I call it the "english" disease but that is just my opinion based on growing up and watching football for over 30 years. It has been a privilige to have a season ticket for 22 years, the terms and conditions of purchase does not mention winning every home game.

AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #804: Nov 06, 2011 06:49:46 pm

Did I suggest otherwise? :)

Quick Reply