Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Seydou Keita flattered by Liverpool talk

Read 1075 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Seydou Keita flattered by Liverpool talk
      Nov 11, 2011 11:15:51 am
      Not sure where to put this but it's interesting the way a Barcelona player describes being linked to us.

Keita considers his options

Barcelona midfielder Seydou Keita says it is "fantastic" to be linked with a move to Liverpool, but he will not take any decision on his future until the end of the season.

El Mundo Deportivo recently reported that Liverpool had made contact with Barca over a January move for Keita, while Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala are also said to be keen.

Mali international Keita, 31, says he is flattered by the interest and would relish the chance to play in the Premier League but, as he remains happy with life at the Camp Nou, he will leave any decision until the summer.

"Liverpool is a great club - it is fantastic to hear that they are interested in me - but you know how I feel about Barcelona," he told skysports.com. "However, we are in football and nothing is an absolute, so let's wait until the end of the season.

"I want to play more games than last season. Playing regularly in a winning team is very good for the player, but the Premier League is very attractive and exciting for any player. My contract runs until 2014 - at the end of the season we will see."

Keita has made 16 appearances for Barcelona across all competitions so far this season.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/982424/barcelona-midfielder-seydou-keita-flattered-by-liverpool-talk?cc=5739
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Seydou Keita flattered by Liverpool talk
      Reply #1: Nov 11, 2011 01:59:05 pm
      And its not like he gets no games.

Doubt we would go for him given his age and the policy of FSG but I would not say no.

Any Barcelona midfielder would be welcome :D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2: Nov 12, 2011 07:50:45 am
       The longer he decides to stay at Barcelona the more it reduces his chances of signing for us,especially because of his age.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3: Nov 24, 2011 02:41:52 pm
      barcastuff barcastuff
      note: seydou keita has denied talking to sky sports about liverpool rumours, which means that this interview is false www1.skysports.com/football/news/…

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7302945/Keita-flattered-by-Reds-talk

barcastuff barcastuff
      Eric Abidal (32) will renew for one more year, with an automatic extension for another year if he plays a minimum number of games. [ona fm]

Quick Reply