Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

The TV Series Discussion Thread

Read 312832 times
      Bier
      Re: The TV Series Discussion Thread
      Reply #161: Apr 03, 2012 04:32:46 pm
      Kevinho read them, he should know. I think the whole series might be based on just the first book, at least wikipedia seems to imply that.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,394 posts | 1448 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #162: Apr 03, 2012 04:37:31 pm
      Watched the first three episodes of Game of Thrones last night, season one, what is the hype for this!? Does it get better?
      Bier
      Reply #163: Apr 03, 2012 04:46:12 pm
      If you don't enjoy it now then you probably never will.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #164: Apr 03, 2012 04:50:04 pm
      I've recently bought the Game of Thrones books, I want to read before I watch. When I finish the 1st one, am I ready to watch the 1st season of the series? Or would it spoil any of the following books?

Season 1 is based on the first book, and Season 2 is based on the second book. I'd read the first book (they're all long, although I think the first is pretty short), and watch the first season. The books are so detailed that the show can help fill in some details and names you may have missed. It helps to read too as some of the sh*t that happens is better read in a book than watched first.

The 3rd book is the longest, and I'd imagine that one will be split in to two seasons (or one really long season). The 4th and 5th books and how they tackle them in the series will be interesting, as they take place at the exact same time, but from a bunch of different perspectives. You don't hear from some characters in the 4th at all.
      Bier
      Reply #165: Apr 03, 2012 04:56:27 pm
      You're right kevinho, the 3rd book is split in half as far as seasons go. I kinda knew this, a season per book, but got thrown off but what i read on wiki just now.,
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #166: Apr 03, 2012 05:12:44 pm
      Season 1 is based on the first book, and Season 2 is based on the second book. I'd read the first book (they're all long, although I think the first is pretty short), and watch the first season. The books are so detailed that the show can help fill in some details and names you may have missed. It helps to read too as some of the sh*t that happens is better read in a book than watched first.

The 3rd book is the longest, and I'd imagine that one will be split in to two seasons (or one really long season). The 4th and 5th books and how they tackle them in the series will be interesting, as they take place at the exact same time, but from a bunch of different perspectives. You don't hear from some characters in the 4th at all.

Ok thanks!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #167: Apr 03, 2012 06:08:43 pm
      Watched the first three episodes of Game of Thrones last night, season one, what is the hype for this!? Does it get better?

The first four episodes are basically a set-up and introduction of the characters - it gets much better after that.  I would advise watching episode 5 and 6 before deciding whether or not it is the show for you.

The season two premiere was a fairly decent start.  One thing I did notice was the production values seem to have improved on the first season and the CGI of certain things were fantastic.

Episode 9 directed by Neil Marshall (The Descent, Dog Soldiers) is going to be the big one this season. ;)
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #168: Apr 03, 2012 09:39:14 pm
      season 2 of Game of Thrones is going to be one heck of a season.

good start, oh how I want to beat up Joffrey so badly
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #169: Apr 04, 2012 12:36:25 am
      Joffrey is such a bad ass. Ruthless. Probably my favourite character.

2nd episode has leaked too. ;)

Watching it tonight.
      *Off to look for it*
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #170: Apr 05, 2012 12:15:25 am
      Joffrey is such a bad ass. Ruthless. Probably my favourite character.

Did you root for the Empire in Star Wars?
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #171: Apr 05, 2012 04:29:13 pm
      Did you root for the Empire in Star Wars?

Don't like Star Wars, but i do tend to like some of the more evil characters in movies.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #172: Apr 05, 2012 04:34:01 pm
      Don't like Star Wars, but i do tend to like some of the more evil characters in movies.

I heard you cheered for Cruella DeVille and the hunter at the beginning of Bambi. :)
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #173: Apr 05, 2012 04:44:06 pm
      Loved the first 3 seasons of Lost, but season 4 seems a bit tired. It's almost as if the producers ran out of ideas and are just throwing stuff in as they go along to keep it going. Can't stop watching it though.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #174: Apr 05, 2012 09:34:06 pm
      Loved the first 3 seasons of Lost, but season 4 seems a bit tired. It's almost as if the producers ran out of ideas and are just throwing stuff in as they go along to keep it going. Can't stop watching it though.

Season 4 happened in the middle of the writers strike at the time and had a massive break right in the middle. The season cut down from around 25 to 14 because of that and seemed a bit squashed.. The freighter story line and then leaving the island were meant to be drawn out and explained but ended up being rushed.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #175: Apr 06, 2012 10:46:36 am
      Writers strike hurt a lot of shows; made some completely irrelevant :(
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #176: Apr 09, 2012 05:01:43 am
      Justifed excellent can't wait for the new series to start

Best tv series going imo - series 3 is brilliant and absolutely love the characters Deputy Marshall Raylan Givens and his mate Boyd Crowder.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #177: Apr 09, 2012 03:51:37 pm
      Best tv series going imo - series 3 is brilliant and absolutely love the characters Deputy Marshall Raylan Givens and his mate Boyd Crowder.

Haven't watched it for a while, but it really is a great series. Brilliant characters.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,247 posts | 2799 
      Reply #178: Apr 09, 2012 05:34:00 pm
      Rewatching prison break again, loved it the first time i saw it years back and couldn't help myself.

Got a month of Netflix free a few weeks back and watched all four seasons. Absolutely brilliant I thought, despite the strike affecting Season 3.

Currently going through all the seasons of The Big Bang Theory for the first time, F***ing class.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #179: Apr 09, 2012 05:53:30 pm
      Justified is a fantastic show with great characters and some of the wittiest dialogue ever written.  I love the chemistry between Raylen and his boss, Art...hilarious double team.

Just finished season 4 of Breaking Bad!  My God, I haven't seen that kind of TV perfection since watching The Wire for the first time.  Think I've just witnessed one of the best portrayals of a villian ever.  Masterpiece!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #180: Apr 09, 2012 07:30:47 pm
      Just finished season 4 of Breaking Bad!  My God, I haven't seen that kind of TV perfection since watching The Wire for the first time.  Think I've just witnessed one of the best portrayals of a villian ever.  Masterpiece!

Is it that good? I had all the episodes on my PC ready to watch, I did see a few episodes but after my HD crashed and I lost all I had on it, I never got back to it. I heard the 1st season is actually the worse, and it just gets better. I find it odd that it has so many seasons, from what I know of the story I can't even imagine how it's going to develop.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #181: Apr 09, 2012 08:08:24 pm
      Is it that good? I had all the episodes on my PC ready to watch, I did see a few episodes but after my HD crashed and I lost all I had on it, I never got back to it. I heard the 1st season is actually the worse, and it just gets better. I find it odd that it has so many seasons, from what I know of the story I can't even imagine how it's going to develop.

Yes it really is that good.  I couldn't urge you enough to get back into it, you won't regret it. ;)

Each season gets progressively better and yes, season one is the weakest which is understandable because it was affected by the writer's strike and has less episodes.  The fifth season will be the final one - although it is going to be split into 8 episode sort of mini-seasons from what I gather, 16 overall to finish the series.

And each season isn't exactly spanning a huge amount of time so its not like they're dragging out the story of Walt's cancer.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #182: May 03, 2012 02:15:04 am
      Can't sleep, just whacked season 1 of Numb3rs in the DVD.  Really like the actors in this.

Not one for stat haters though.  :D
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #183: May 06, 2012 08:45:00 pm
      I mentioned some time ago that I was interested in watching Touch and after I watched the first episode, I was quite impressed. Last night I downloaded and watched episodes 2,3 and 4. After watching the second one, which was very predictable I thought great another disappointing one, but since I had nothing better to do went for the other two and boy am I glad I did. The story started developing very good and now I'm very keen on seeing what they'll come up with. Would recommend it wholeheartedly.

Quick Reply