Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

The TV Series Discussion Thread

Read 312887 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: The TV Series Discussion Thread
      Reply #207: Jul 12, 2012 11:38:46 pm
      Have to say Homer Badman is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen on tv! I must have seen that episode hundreds of times yet I'm still discovering new jokes when I rewatch them (along with plenty other episodes). Especially love Groundskeeper Willie's on filming couples having sex in cars:

"I dinna come forward, because in this country, it makes you look like a pervert.... BUT EVERY SINGLE SCOTTISH PERSON DOES IT!!"

:laugh:

And the perversion of the truth, by the media, is shockingly tame compared to what happens nowadays.

I hate to say, but the ending of  And Maggie Makes Three, the photos and Do It For Her, gets me every time. 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #208: Jul 13, 2012 08:32:12 pm
      And the perversion of the truth, by the media, is shockingly tame compared to what happens nowadays.

I hate to say, but the ending of  And Maggie Makes Three, the photos and Do It For Her, gets me every time. 

There's so many sweet moments in The Simpsons. Notably the end of Mother Simpsons when Homer's mother has to leave him again.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #209: Jul 13, 2012 08:35:49 pm
      Watch a lot of Simpsons still, round season six is the golden years. Which season is King-Size Homer? 6 or 7 I think
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,394 posts | 1448 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #210: Jul 14, 2012 12:16:18 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8516 
      Reply #211: Jul 16, 2012 12:35:04 pm
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #212: Jul 16, 2012 08:28:06 pm
      The Newsroom has been fantastic so far. Not surprising, given that The West Wing is still my favorite show of all time. Sorkin is my kind of writer.

Have season 2 of The Walking Dead in my queue, too, right after I finish up Entourage.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #213: Jul 16, 2012 09:59:03 pm
      The Newsroom has been fantastic so far. Not surprising, given that The West Wing is still my favorite show of all time. Sorkin is my kind of writer.

Have season 2 of The Walking Dead in my queue, too, right after I finish up Entourage.

I'm a big fan of Sorkin as well Kev and love The West Wing.

Really liked the first episode of The Newsroom but I presume your a bit ahead so is it as good as the series goes on?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #214: Jul 17, 2012 11:42:19 pm
      Different from the books, but I still loved it. I'm disappointed with a lot of the changes they've made, and I can't believe they crammed the whole 2nd book in to ten episodes. They left A LOT out, and altered one of the key characters' stories (no spoilers). This season was not nearly as good as the first.

I'm interested to see what they do with the third season. I think they should split it in to two seasons, as it's a long, long book with a lot going on.

Have really enjoyed both series tbh although I think you almost have to try and treat the series as it's own story because there are so many differences cropping up and a number of characters being left out or changed up in the HBO series. I tihnk they've done a pretty good job with the casting for the most part. All of the Starks have been captured brilliantly, particularly Arya and Sansa. Drinkwater is absolutely fantastic as Tyrion and I really like Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister. in fact most of the characters are well portrayed, Samwell Tarly is quality, Jaime, Brienne, Varys, Baelish and Ygritte are all on the money for me. Must admit i'm not so keen on Daenerys, the acting is a bit wooden (as well as giving me wood). Not a lover of Stannis, and i thought the guy who played Robert was a poor choice (He will always be the fat lad from full monty and the sh*t supermarket adds for me). Highlight of the 2nd series for me was the final scene with the other/wraith on the dead horse, that was fooking chilling.

I probably should have waited a while longer before wathcing the HBO series, i wathced the 1st episode and then dived into the books but before long I found myself watching them at the same time so the plot differences (plus reading and watching at different stages) got a bit confusing. I will have finished all of the books (to date) by the time the next series comes along. Epic books, epic series. It doesn't get much better!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #215: Jul 18, 2012 01:36:32 am
      Just watched the last episode of CSI Miami :( So sad they ended the series.

But I wanted to see the whole team get blown up as a series finale, ;D.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #216: Jul 18, 2012 01:51:22 am

So you wanted a happily ever after CSI Miami eh?

Have you tried watching the other series?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,394 posts | 1448 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #217: Jul 18, 2012 05:22:08 pm
      Started watching Prison Break finally on LOVEFiLM. Currently about 8 episodes into season one and I am really enjoying it, keeps you on the edge of your seat.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #218: Jul 19, 2012 01:27:25 am

Horatio dies after trying to put up a new facial expression... Its the Magnum!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #219: Jul 19, 2012 06:07:38 pm
      Have really enjoyed both series tbh although I think you almost have to try and treat the series as it's own story because there are so many differences cropping up and a number of characters being left out or changed up in the HBO series. I tihnk they've done a pretty good job with the casting for the most part. All of the Starks have been captured brilliantly, particularly Arya and Sansa. Drinkwater is absolutely fantastic as Tyrion and I really like Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister. in fact most of the characters are well portrayed, Samwell Tarly is quality, Jaime, Brienne, Varys, Baelish and Ygritte are all on the money for me. Must admit i'm not so keen on Daenerys, the acting is a bit wooden (as well as giving me wood). Not a lover of Stannis, and i thought the guy who played Robert was a poor choice (He will always be the fat lad from full monty and the sh*t supermarket adds for me). Highlight of the 2nd series for me was the final scene with the other/wraith on the dead horse, that was fooking chilling.

I probably should have waited a while longer before wathcing the HBO series, i wathced the 1st episode and then dived into the books but before long I found myself watching them at the same time so the plot differences (plus reading and watching at different stages) got a bit confusing. I will have finished all of the books (to date) by the time the next series comes along. Epic books, epic series. It doesn't get much better!

I hated the Robert Baratheon casting myself, but the Stannis one I actually liked, although the best casting of a Baratheon brother was Renly. Peter Dinklage is PHENOMENAL as Tyrion, and the actor who is playing Theon Greyjoy stole the show in Season 2. I wish he had been nominated for an Emmy.

I can't believe how different Daenerys' story was from the book to Season 2. It was a whole new direction. The big battle at the end of Season 2 was also missing a key element, but was very well done.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #220: Jul 24, 2012 02:36:04 pm
      I mentioned Veep a while ago and I'm really enjoying this and it's very funny with Julia Louis Dreyfuss excellent as the Vice President.

Written by Armando Ianucci so fans if his work should enjoy it.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #221: Jul 24, 2012 04:36:09 pm
      I mentioned Veep a while ago and I'm really enjoying this and it's very funny with Julia Louis Dreyfuss excellent as the Vice President.

Written by Armando Ianucci so fans if his work should enjoy it.

Show is so cringeworthy. I love it. "Did the President call?" "Nope!" :D

Girls is great too.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #222: Jul 26, 2012 10:59:20 pm
      A breath of fresh air where TV is concerned for me, top drawer.

ms browns boys-sex bomb
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      Reply #223: Jul 26, 2012 11:01:00 pm

I've been on that aswell mate, decent.

EDIT Excellent acting from Jeff Daniels in the opening scene of the series shown at the start of trailor #1.
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2012 11:19:16 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #224: Aug 05, 2012 03:03:40 am
      Just started watching season 4 of The Shield.  Not seen it before, it's damn good TV.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      Reply #225: Aug 05, 2012 08:37:06 am
      Finally going to get back into The Wire season 2.

Got lots of this programme still to watch.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #226: Aug 05, 2012 09:24:21 am
      Watched season 1 of New girl. I liked it, it's addictive in it's own quirky way.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #227: Aug 06, 2012 04:14:40 pm
      Just watched the latest episode of Breaking Bad.  My God, every scene in every episode is pure F***ing art.  By far the best written, acted and directed show on tv at the moment.  The only thing that comes remotely close to The Wire in my opinion!
      Bier
      Reply #228: Aug 06, 2012 09:33:44 pm
      Brilliant series isn't it mattmcg. Got better with every season, things are escalating more and more.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8516 
      Reply #229: Aug 11, 2012 03:48:38 pm
      Just started watching season 4 of The Shield.  Not seen it before, it's damn good TV.

How good is Glenn Close in that season?

Quick Reply