Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The TV Series Discussion Thread

Read 314574 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: The TV Series Discussion Thread
      Reply #2783: Oct 25, 2022 08:13:32 pm
      I really don't think it was a slow burner at all, I look back now it's done and it feels like so much as happened in such a short time... I was initially worried about the time skips but they worked it perfectly.

Yeah, I think most people were expecting crazy plot twist and turns every episode but they forget GOT was 8 seasons deep before it finished.

I really enjoyed the season as a whole, definitely beat the rings of power.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2784: Oct 25, 2022 08:14:33 pm
      Rings of Power was immense. Loved it, but hearing that season 2 could be released in 2 years? That's ridiculous.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2785: Nov 02, 2022 03:55:17 pm
      The Bear.

Everything i needed in a show right now. So well written.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #2786: Nov 08, 2022 06:10:59 pm
      The Bear.

It was a passable show but it was kind of crap too. 4 out of 10 tops, what was with the angry cousin or uncle was he? Constantly bitching, the denims being worth loads of money and the spoiler things in tomato tins, why would they have all been there unopened for so long, kind of a crap show actually.

Watching Ted Lasso now, I can feel my brain cells dying each episode. Got season 2 on, erk annoying. My brain cells aren't dying with Ted Lasso's eternal optimism it's with the two weird square jawed foul mouth plebs they cast as 'brit' football players

Last good show I watched the white Lotus (few days ago, even that's 6 out of ten tops, Cabinet of curiosities, on average 4 out of ten, ok show, that's about it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #2787: Nov 08, 2022 08:04:33 pm
      Finally got round to Gangs of London 😲 mental amount of violence

Also Maxine was a tough watch
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2788: Nov 08, 2022 09:55:17 pm
      Succession so good funny but serious
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #2789: Nov 11, 2022 12:09:34 pm
      The Bear.

Hadn’t heard of it until I saw this.

Absolutely loved it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2790: Nov 11, 2022 01:47:27 pm
      The Wrexham documentary was pretty good, but I could watch documentaries about English football for days so no surprise for me. If only Ryan and Rob had hedge fund type money, maybe they could be in the running to buy our club ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #2791: Nov 11, 2022 11:59:35 pm
      The Wrexham documentary was pretty good, but I could watch documentaries about English football for days so no surprise for me. If only Ryan and Rob had hedge fund type money, maybe they could be in the running to buy our club ;D

I enjoyed this as well.

Really warmed to Rob McElhenny who I was never really a fan of.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2792: Nov 13, 2022 07:54:37 pm
      Finished ep10 of House of the Dragon, another good addition to the series, thought it was really good. Maybe less sex and violence, but lot's of politics and family intrigue, super stuff.  And more dragons :)

Rings of Power, quit it after ep5, thought it was really poor, felt cobbled together, not a patch on Jacksons trilogy.

Saw ep1 of The English on BBC, liked it a lot, somewhere between straight western and spagetti.

And started s2 of Gangs of London, think watched 3 eps - liked it so far - hard to knock a program with a guy shooting a minigun out of a helicopter :)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2793: Nov 13, 2022 08:02:22 pm
      Finished ep10 of House of the Dragon, another good addition to the series, thought it was really good. Maybe less sex and violence, but lot's of politics and family intrigue, super stuff.  And more dragons :)

Rings of Power, quit it after ep5, thought it was really poor, felt cobbled together, not a patch on Jacksons trilogy.

Saw ep1 of The English on BBC, liked it a lot, somewhere between straight western and spagetti.

And started s2 of Gangs of London, think watched 3 eps - liked it so far - hard to knock a program with a guy shooting a minigun out of a helicopter :)

I really enjoyed house of the dragon, really glad I stuck with rings of power which I thought was excellent. Similar with andor. Looking forward to the english
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #2794: Nov 13, 2022 08:18:06 pm

Will start Rings of Power once I have finished Gangs of London

Enjoyed House of Dragon , was clearly a first series build up - it’s not great that we will have to wait until 2024 now
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #2795: Nov 15, 2022 09:24:29 pm
      Thinking of starting that new Stallone one - Tulsa King.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2796: Nov 15, 2022 09:45:56 pm

Saw one review calling it cheesy, that's not necessarily a  bad thing in my book
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #2797: Nov 15, 2022 09:48:07 pm

Terence Winter from The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire is involved so I'm interested as well.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2798: Nov 15, 2022 11:32:18 pm
      I really enjoyed house of the dragon, really glad I stuck with rings of power which I thought was excellent. Similar with andor. Looking forward to the english

Haven't seen Andor, but Rogue One was decent.  I must be one of the few who wasn't mad about The Madalorian, so maybe that wouldn't be for me either..
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2799: Nov 15, 2022 11:37:33 pm
      Will start Rings of Power once I have finished Gangs of London

Enjoyed House of Dragon , was clearly a first series build up - it’s not great that we will have to wait until 2024 now

Liked Morfydd Clark but not much else. Think most people like it though so I'm in the minority on not being mad about TROP.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2800: Nov 16, 2022 01:49:15 am
      Terence Winter from The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire is involved so I'm interested as well.

Think it was written by Sheridan (Yellowstone) so I'm in.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2801: Nov 16, 2022 12:53:34 pm
      Late to the party on Welcome to Wrexham. Two episodes in and I'm hooked.

Seen this lad Rutherford playing footy with his kids at Lingham Park which ain't even a mile and a half from me and then found out that's he's from around here. Assumed he was going to be some sort of hero going off the way he was getting a bit of special airtime. Nope.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #2802: Nov 16, 2022 01:27:49 pm
      Late to the party on Welcome to Wrexham. Two episodes in and I'm hooked.

Seen this lad Rutherford playing footy with his kids at Lingham Park which ain't even a mile and a half from me and then found out that's he's from around here. Assumed he was going to be some sort of hero going off the way he was getting a bit of special airtime. Nope.

Was late to it as well. Binged the whole thing in a few days.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2803: Nov 17, 2022 12:55:01 pm
      Watched Inisde Man on Netflix.  Only 4 episodes but well worth the investment. Tucci is outstanding and it really is an interesting take on the human condition. Feel like they left it open for another season down the road but also finished this one off nicely.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2804: Nov 17, 2022 02:36:42 pm
      Binged the wire over past 2 weeks, almost finished season 5. Brilliant stuff, never watched it 1st time round too busy partying for tv back in early 00's :)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2805: Nov 17, 2022 04:03:59 pm
      Binged the wire over past 2 weeks, almost finished season 5. Brilliant stuff, never watched it 1st time round too busy partying for tv back in early 00's :)

In my Top 5.

Quick Reply