Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The TV Series Discussion Thread

Read 314916 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The TV Series Discussion Thread
      Reply #2875: Jul 24, 2023 08:10:07 am
      I've just watched the last ever episode of The Blacklist.

Loved all 10 seasons

Raymond Reddington will go down as one of my all time fave Characters.

Having said that, never saw that ending coming????

Should of rained on you and got cancelled  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2876: Jul 25, 2023 12:23:48 am
      Should of rained on you and got cancelled  :lmao:

You really are dumber then you look!  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,419 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2877: Jul 30, 2023 09:20:29 pm
      Watching world on fire on BBC and I still can't believe they let Neil from the Inbetweeners join the British army
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2878: Aug 02, 2023 06:02:28 pm
      Anyone watching the BBC crime drama Wolf, itā€™s  completely OTT, weird and twisted not believable at all but strangely a compelling watch 😁.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2879: Aug 02, 2023 07:30:56 pm
      enjoying watching the Prisoner once again never understood some of it but nearly 60 years on its still a good watch
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #2880: Aug 02, 2023 11:57:08 pm
      Finished watching Messiah on Netflix

Was really good and deserving of a second season easily, but the Yank cu*ts canned it.

Hope some other Platform decides to pick it up.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #2881: Aug 03, 2023 11:51:31 am
      Hijack with Idris Elba turned out to be a good watch.

Going to start The Bear season 2 next I think.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #2882: Aug 06, 2023 11:08:00 pm
      Started watching Billions Season 6 again, just to refresh the memory before the 12th of August, when the Final season begins.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2883: Sep 17, 2023 01:59:15 pm
      Final season of Billions been okay so far. Not enough Axe, too much Wendy.

Finally got around to finishing latest season of Mandalorian and it didn't disappoint. Going to start Andor next
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #2884: Sep 17, 2023 11:52:51 pm
      Final season of Billions been okay so far. Not enough Axe, too much Wendy.

Finally got around to finishing latest season of Mandalorian and it didn't disappoint. Going to start Andor next

Axe was on yesterdays episode, more to come, me thinks.

Love Chuck's Dad, he's a fkn classic.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,861 posts | 409 
      Reply #2885: Oct 08, 2023 08:56:54 am
      Anyone caught the Boiling Point tv series? A stressful watch at times but really manages to grip you in.

Anything with Stephen Graham always worth a look.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2886: Oct 08, 2023 09:45:38 am
      If you can get passed the fact heā€™s a manc Iā€™ve been watching Beckham on Netflix. Itā€™s actually a good watch, maybe pretend you support England, itā€™s quite moving in places that some ardent Liverpool fans may just laugh at.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #2887: Oct 08, 2023 10:34:19 am
      If you can get passed the fact heā€™s a manc Iā€™ve been watching Beckham on Netflix. Itā€™s actually a good watch, maybe pretend you support England, itā€™s quite moving in places that some ardent Liverpool fans may just laugh at.

It was bad enough watching the hype being over blown when he was around. Not sure why anyone outside Mancs would want to watch a program about him. The most overrated overhyped player in a generation and the poster boy for the hype of the ā€œgolden generationā€ - prob earned more for a club in commercial revenuy
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #2888: Oct 08, 2023 10:47:59 am
      Anyone caught the Boiling Point tv series? A stressful watch at times but really manages to grip you in.

Thought it was really good but not enough of Stephen Graham's character.

Hopefully comes back for another series.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2889: Oct 08, 2023 01:08:02 pm
      Watched the Beckham series on Netflix. Iā€™m a Fisher Stevens (producer) fan and thought it was pretty interesting. I didnā€™t know a lot of his back story and I donā€™t have a hatred for him, more indifference. Seems like he was a family first type and Iā€™ll always appreciate folks like that. Now the films can obviously make people look however good or bad they want but it seemed fair enough to me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #2890: Oct 08, 2023 02:15:07 pm
      It was bad enough watching the hype being over blown when he was around. Not sure why anyone outside Mancs would want to watch a program about him. The most overrated overhyped player in a generation and the poster boy for the hype of the ā€œgolden generationā€ - prob earned more for a club in commercial revenuy

I know especially as his own manager never rated him enough to play him in centre of midfield. Was always on the right for a reason. Ferguson must of been well fed up with him to launch a boot at his head. :laugh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2891: Oct 08, 2023 05:48:10 pm

I know especially as his own manager never rated him enough to play him in centre of midfield. Was always on the right for a reason. Ferguson must of been well fed up with him to launch a boot at his head. :laugh:

Theres no doubting he became a pin up  poster boy off the pitch and was earning more off it than on it which is very hard to do given the wages footballers are on anyway. Fergie hated his activities off the pitch and thatā€™s basically why he wanted him out.

Finding out on tv that he was being sold must of really hurt and feel sorry for the lad. Fergie was out of order for at least not telling him before he told the press.

The kicking of the boot was just a freak but a funny one, unless your names Beckham 😂  The hype he got for joining  RM was insane. Arguably worse than the hype for the Beatles   :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #2892: Oct 08, 2023 05:51:37 pm
      Theres no doubting he became a pin up  poster boy off the pitch and was earning more off it than on it which is very hard to do given the wages footballers are on anyway. Fergie hated his activities off the pitch and thatā€™s basically why he wanted him out.

Finding out on tv that he was being sold must of really hurt and feel sorry for the lad. Fergie was out of order for at least not telling him before he told the press.

The kicking of the boot was just a freak but a funny one, unless your names Beckham 😂  The hype he got for joining  RM was insane. Arguably worse than the hype for the Beatles   :lmao:

That little thing both our clubs had about players thinking they were bigger than the club. Battle of ego's and only ever one winner in those situations.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #2893: Oct 08, 2023 05:52:55 pm
      Arguably worse than the hype for the Beatles   :lmao:

Surely you mean the Stone Roses!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2894: Oct 08, 2023 05:53:47 pm
      That little thing both our clubs had about players thinking they were bigger than the club. Battle of ego's and only ever one winner in those situations.

Absolutely and can be the only way forward. Much as I hated him leaving it was the right move.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2895: Oct 08, 2023 09:34:30 pm

Watching now - absolutely superb.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,861 posts | 409 
      Reply #2896: Oct 09, 2023 07:26:55 am
      Thought it was really good but not enough of Stephen Graham's character.

Hopefully comes back for another series.

Follows on from a film from 2021 if you've not seen that in which Stephens character is front and centre. Found myself watching it all the wrong way around :laugh:
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 830 posts | 298 
      Reply #2897: Oct 09, 2023 09:14:35 am
      Follows on from a film from 2021 if you've not seen that in which Stephens character is front and centre. Found myself watching it all the wrong way around :laugh:

The film is very good, filmed in 1 long shot, I think the filmed it 3 times then used the best 1.

Not seen the series yet.

Quick Reply