Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The TV Series Discussion Thread

Read 309641 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: The TV Series Discussion Thread
      Reply #2369: May 12, 2019 01:45:34 am
      Another piss poor episode of GOT this week, really is fizzling out like a damp squid.

Agreed on the latest episode. Very poor writing and forced character scenes. This was always going to happen though once the source material dried up.

If only GRR had finished those damn last two books 3 years ago!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2370: May 12, 2019 12:48:57 pm
      Agreed on the latest episode. Very poor writing and forced character scenes. This was always going to happen though once the source material dried up.

If only GRR had finished those damn last two books 3 years ago!

It makes me worried about the new Star Wars trilogy.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2371: May 13, 2019 09:51:41 am
      Pretty good episode 5, no doubt not good enough for some miserable cu*ts on here
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2372: May 13, 2019 10:03:36 am
      Pretty good episode 5, no doubt not good enough for some miserable cu*ts on here

I think at this stage, with the amount of fan theories and investment in GoT,
      it was going to be next to impossible to give everyone what they wanted.

It's clearly become more about the visual impact of scenes towards the end,
      and some of that has been phenomenal, but maybe the story has suffered in
      order to get the pay offs that they went for. 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #2373: May 13, 2019 12:19:16 pm
      I think at this stage, with the amount of fan theories and investment in GoT,
      it was going to be next to impossible to give everyone what they wanted.

It's clearly become more about the visual impact of scenes towards the end,
      and some of that has been phenomenal, but maybe the story has suffered in
      order to get the pay offs that they went for. 

I know what you mean. It was always going to be difficult to end in a way that would satisfy everyone.  Think some of the criticism about characterisation are understandable but some of it has gone way overboard. Was it really so unrealistic for jamie to want to choose the love of his life
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2374: May 13, 2019 12:52:54 pm
      I know what you mean. It was always going to be difficult to end in a way that would satisfy everyone.  Think some of the criticism about characterisation are understandable but some of it has gone way overboard. Was it really so unrealistic for jamie to want to choose the love of his life

SPOILER (Tap to show)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2375: May 13, 2019 11:10:19 pm
      Was kind of enjoying GOT so far this season even if it's the worst season by far. But wow it's really fallen off a cliff after that episode.

Riddled with cliches and zero plot logic just to railroad the barebone remains of a story using gore and destruction to keep viewers entertained.

I mean the pivotal moment with Daenarys made absolutely no sense there was almost no build up to explain her reasoning it just happened solely as a means to end the story.

Sad to see one of the greatest shows of all time whimper out with such awful script writing.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2376: May 13, 2019 11:27:33 pm
      I enjoyed the first few episodes of GOT, thought the battle of Winterfell was awesome but was really disappointed with last week and especially tonight’s episode. Has all felt very rushed. Does dragon fire really do that to rock? It was all a bit CGI heavy for me an I didn’t really buy it when Denayris suddenly turns into the mad king/queen, it has all happened way too quickly and isn't very believable, bit like in revenge if the Jedi when Annakin is alright one minute and then mowing down younglins in a blink of an eye. I wish he’d finished the bloody books! Maybe if he had we wouldn't have seen character arcs completely obliterated as happened tonight. 
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2019 12:04:06 am by Scottbot »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2377: May 14, 2019 12:02:53 am
      I enjoyed the first few episodes of GOT, thought the battle of Winterfell was awesome but was really disappointed with last week and especially tonight’s episode. Has all felt very rushed. Does dragon fire really do that to rock? It was all a bit CGI heavy for me an I didn’t really buy it when Denayris suddenly turns into the mad king, it has all happened too quickly, bit like in revenge if the Jedi when Annakin is alright one minute and then mowing down younglins in a blink of an eye. I wish he’d finished the bloody books! 

Yea D&D are good visual creators but awful script writers much like George Lucas. As soon as GRR's source material dried up the writing deteriorated season on season. This explains the rush to end it as they clearly can't develop the characters anymore through writing so they rely purely on CGI spectacle and cliches which can't stretch very far.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2378: May 14, 2019 12:09:09 am
      Yea D&D are good visual creators but awful script writers much like George Lucas. As soon as GRR's source material dried up the writing deteriorated season on season. This explains the rush to end it as they clearly can't develop the characters anymore through writing so they rely purely on CGI spectacle and cliches which can't stretch very far.

Maybe he will finish the books now and give us an end more befitting of what went before. This might just spur the b***ard on to finish the bloody things. I need another ending to the one that is coming, am watching thronecast at the moment and the panel on there are struggling to hide their disappointment with the speed at which the events have turned.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2379: May 14, 2019 12:23:15 pm
      I enjoyed the first few episodes of GOT, thought the battle of Winterfell was awesome but was really disappointed with last week and especially tonight’s episode. Has all felt very rushed. Does dragon fire really do that to rock? It was all a bit CGI heavy for me an I didn’t really buy it when Denayris suddenly turns into the mad king/queen, it has all happened way too quickly and isn't very believable, bit like in revenge if the Jedi when Annakin is alright one minute and then mowing down younglins in a blink of an eye. I wish he’d finished the bloody books! Maybe if he had we wouldn't have seen character arcs completely obliterated as happened tonight.

The way I see it mate, believeable isn't an issue when someone is riding round on a dragon.

That said, the TV show is just a bit of entertainment for me, while we wait for the F***ing books.
      Hurry up with the F***ing books  :laugh:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #2380: May 14, 2019 01:12:32 pm

There have been subtle hints throughout about Daenerys going a bit mad and power hungry. Every season she has burnt someone or some people to a crisp and as each season went by her desire to be Queen for stronger and each episode of this series you could she that she was getting more and more angry and jealous of Jon she was ready to snap - finding out she wasn’t the true heir was the straw and even more so when she was rejected by him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2381: May 14, 2019 01:53:14 pm
      I think it’s more a case of us not wanting Daenerys to become what she has rather than it’s not believable.

Last night was a bit more of what GOT used to be.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2382: May 14, 2019 02:14:53 pm
      I’ve a confession to make...

I have never watched a single minute of GoT...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #2383: May 14, 2019 03:15:36 pm

Likewise.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2384: May 14, 2019 03:22:37 pm

I only watched it for the boobs and dragons.
      Then they stopped the boobs, so all I have left is dragons.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #2385: May 14, 2019 05:30:39 pm
      I only watched it for the boobs and dragons.
      Then they stopped the boobs, so all I have left is dragons.

Seen one or two dragon's boobs in my time
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2386: May 14, 2019 05:47:19 pm
      I think it’s more a case of us not wanting Daenerys to become what she has rather than it’s not believable.

Last night was a bit more of what GOT used to be.

I was all for her descent in to madness but it needed more time and character development to make her turn to the dark side believable it was all incredibly rushed for an 8 season show.

Look at how expertly paced the last season of Breaking Bad is in comparison, you fully believe and understand all of the characters motivations at the end.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2387: May 14, 2019 06:08:07 pm

Jammy b***ard. You've got a binge and a half of boss telly whenever the time comes.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2388: May 14, 2019 06:08:44 pm
      Defo need spoiler alerts in ere.

I'm out.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2389: May 14, 2019 06:57:43 pm

You are not alone!
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #2390: May 14, 2019 07:40:08 pm
      Moving away from GOT for a little, anyone ever watch Misfits? Watched it ages ago but think I stopped after season 2.

Joe Gilgun who plays Rudy in it, what an actor! And his character is absolutely brilliant, really good show imo.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2391: May 14, 2019 08:43:03 pm

I think I’ve seen about 3 episodes. Never really had a desire to watch it partly because I’m not sure how a story about medieval wars and dragons has to have gratuitous sex scenes all the time. Anyway, I did watch the most recent episode. Kind of liked it but from what I have read, most hardcore fans are severely pissed off.

Guess I know how that feels since I felt the same at the end of Lost.

Quick Reply