Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The TV Series Discussion Thread

Read 313352 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: The TV Series Discussion Thread
      Reply #2507: Apr 07, 2020 03:32:19 am
      Indeed. Just finished it tonight.

Mad.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #2508: Apr 20, 2020 08:39:57 pm
      Started 30 Rock last week and racing through it so far during the evenings.

Very funny show and Alex Baldwin is superb.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 875 posts | 102 
      Reply #2509: May 02, 2020 10:07:02 am
      how good is Gangs of London!..its all great TV but the farmhouse shoot out in Ep 5 is the best directed thing that Ive ever seen
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #2510: May 02, 2020 01:46:21 pm
      how good is Gangs of London!..its all great TV but the farmhouse shoot out in Ep 5 is the best directed thing that Ive ever seen

Planning to watch, my dad has watched the last few nights, he thinks it's really good.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2511: May 02, 2020 06:59:58 pm
      On the subject of new series', is anyone else looking forward to Brassic series 2?

The second best keegan ever
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #2512: May 02, 2020 07:57:36 pm
      Watching HBO Documentary series McMillions about Monopoly game scandal involving McDonalds.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 875 posts | 102 
      Reply #2513: May 02, 2020 08:13:52 pm
      It is mate, really well made, usually those sky originals are a bit sh*t but this ones really well made.

Also binging through Code 404 for a bit of a giggle, some decent belly laughs.

Really enjoyed 404..there were lots of great laughs..I liked the LFC scarf joke..but Stephen Graham is a little too intense for comedy
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 875 posts | 102 
      Reply #2514: May 02, 2020 08:29:21 pm
      It is mate, really well made, usually those sky originals are a bit sh*t but this ones really well made.

Also binging through Code 404 for a bit of a giggle, some decent belly laughs.

Really enjoyed 404..there were lots of great laughs..I liked the LFC scarf joke..but Stephen Graham is a little too intense for comedy
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2515: May 02, 2020 09:42:38 pm
      For anyone who loves Action, you NEED to watch Gangs of London. It is one of the best shows I have seen in a very long time.

Better call Saul is also really heating up and would recommend now.

Westworld has unfortunately been a let down recently, hopefully it improves before the finale.

Bojack Horseman is an easy watch for those who are looking for something fun and comedic.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #2516: May 03, 2020 11:34:00 pm
      Watched a couple of Gangs of London now. Missus not the biggest fan but I've enjoyed it (maybe not quite to the hype I've read/heard about) so I'll probably finish it myself.

And in a different style of show I found that Race Across the World on iPlayer very enjoyable. Worth a watch if people are running out of things to watch!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      Reply #2517: May 05, 2020 01:31:56 am
      Watched a couple of Gangs of London now. Missus not the biggest fan but I've enjoyed it (maybe not quite to the hype I've read/heard about) so I'll probably finish it myself.

And in a different style of show I found that Race Across the World on iPlayer very enjoyable. Worth a watch if people are running out of things to watch!

Yesssssss. I agree, that Gangs of London wasn't as flash as people had made it out to be, went to sleep 40 mins in....will keep watching to see what happens.

Love Race Across the World mate because I'm a huge fan of The Amazing Race...this is just like it but on a massive budget and no planes or phones makes it really interesting. Did u watch 1st season? That was better then 2nd but both still bloody good.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 875 posts | 102 
      Reply #2518: May 07, 2020 10:09:31 am
      anyone else enjoying Normal People? its a lovely little tale of heterosexual Irish people with not a  gay or lesbian in site....most unusual for BBC...I predict a gay riot.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2519: May 13, 2020 12:37:32 pm
      Gangs of London was all a bit "meh" for me.

Way over the top, and a bit silly.

The acting etc was decent, but I don't think they had much to work with.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #2520: May 13, 2020 01:48:25 pm
      Gangs of London was all a bit "meh" for me.

Way over the top, and a bit silly.

The acting etc was decent, but I don't think they had much to work with.

Typical cinemax stuff like strike back and warrior, plenty of almost cartoon violence, sex, swearing, explosions and big set pieces, all a bit silly but entertaining. Not a patch on sky original stuff like save me
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #2521: May 13, 2020 01:49:49 pm
      anyone else enjoying Normal People? its a lovely little tale of heterosexual Irish people with not a  gay or lesbian in site....most unusual for BBC...I predict a gay riot.

Read up some reaction in Ireland, anyone who watches it is destined to burn in hell.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2522: May 13, 2020 07:24:03 pm

You gonna have a go at the greeks mate?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #2523: May 13, 2020 11:06:15 pm
      Last Dance on Netflix about Michael Jordan and the Bulls team of the 90s. Easily the best sports documentary series I've ever seen (two episodes to come). Jordan was something else wasn't he? Greatest athlete of my lifetime for sure.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #2524: May 20, 2020 08:33:18 am
      Last Dance on Netflix about Michael Jordan and the Bulls team of the 90s. Easily the best sports documentary series I've ever seen (two episodes to come). Jordan was something else wasn't he? Greatest athlete of my lifetime for sure.

It's fantastic.

We played a bit of basketball in school once a week as part of our PE class and I loved it and that was during the era of the Bulls and Jordan. He was huge then and one of those athletes that everyone knew whether they were into sports or not, which only happens once in a while.

Jordan's sheer will to win was as much key to his success as his talent and what I did find interesting was that even as his teammates spoke about him being difficult and a bit of an arsehole they respected how he drove them on and in many cases made them better.

The highlight for me was the practice with the Olympic team. All those guys competing like mad during a training game was really compelling viewing.

I haven't watched NBA properly in years but watching this reminded me of how much I loved those half hour games we played in school and I might try and pick up a few games again.

Edit: Forgot to mention Steve Kerr. Not one of the superstars like Michael, Scottie and Rodman but seemed a great guy.
      « Last Edit: May 20, 2020 08:38:24 am by srslfc »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      Reply #2525: May 22, 2020 06:41:28 am

Agreed Best Sports Doco I ever watched. Outside of anything Liverpool related, of course!  :angel: :angel: ;D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2526: May 24, 2020 10:55:17 pm

Amazing viewing, never been much of a fan of basketball and have always heard about the greatness of Jordan but never took time to truly understand it. After this documentary, I must say somehow I think he is probably the best sportsman that has ever lived, if not by talent then purely by mindset, his passion to compete and be better than the rest is truly inspirational, a real winner!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      Reply #2527: May 25, 2020 08:54:43 am
      I must be starting to like UK TV  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Never was a fan but last 3 shows I have watched are:

Race Across The World on BBC

The 2 seasons of Liar back to back and just finished a 5 part Scottish Series called

The Nest...all viewing to my pleasure.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #2528: May 27, 2020 09:27:02 am
      I must be starting to like UK TV  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Never was a fan but last 3 shows I have watched are:

Race Across The World on BBC

The 2 seasons of Liar back to back and just finished a 5 part Scottish Series called

The Nest...all viewing to my pleasure.

Anything must be better than home and away and neighbours mate  ;)
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #2529: May 27, 2020 09:39:14 am
      Anything must be better than home and away and neighbours mate  ;)

Forget Neighbours and Home and away, it's all about PUGWALL and Round the Twist.

Quick Reply