Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

FA charge Luis Suarez over Evra (Update: 8 game ban)

Read 125329 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: FA charge Luis Suarez over Evra
      Reply #23: Nov 16, 2011 06:28:15 pm
      The FA are f***in pathetic, first they suck cock over allowing FIFA to dictate that poppies cant be worn on the shirts, and compromise with the armband, spineless kunts, i wonder what those who fought in the wars thought about their weakness and fear from the very people they fought for our  freedom,

back on topic;

the spinless kunts are once again cow-towing to Ferguscum,surprise surprise, where is the solid evidence? surely it is Evra's word against Suarez's unless Evra has witnesses,he hasn't got a leg to stand on(or at least he wont have next time we play them) if i were Luis i would let them dig a bigger hole than they already have, and once the truth comes out in the wash and he is found not guilty, he can then sue Evra and the FA for defamation of character,slander, false accusations, emotional abuse etc etc,

They the FA are playing a very dangerous game here and are leaving themselves open to all sorts of claims and counter claims from all levels of association football, they will now set a precedent now that charges have been served and will have to carry out a thorough investigation and interview all players including the officials who were on the pitch that day,

they wont be able to sweep this under the carpet, and we wont f***in let them, John Terry must be f***in brickin it, i hope he gets fu**ed over big style, and on Sunday i would certainly be reminding him about it for 90 + mins,

karma for me would be Chavs get to the CL final and that racist kunt cant play cos he's banned  :lmao:
      Lfc-jamie14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | -2 
      • 'You'll never walk alone'
      Reply #24: Nov 16, 2011 06:28:29 pm
      What F***ing bullshit. The Fa need to get there heads out if the mancs crack. Clearly if luis said anything how come he hasnt been shown all over sky and in the papers. Fuming about this. And I know king will feel the same. Getting so sick of F***ing mancs and the FA it's a joke.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #25: Nov 16, 2011 06:29:01 pm
      mens rea ,from the funniest film ever
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #26: Nov 16, 2011 06:29:35 pm
      Fergescum and Evra have tried to debilitate our season and the FA are F***ing helping them, F***ing bullshit
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Nov 16, 2011 06:34:25 pm
      United say jump the FA say how high.
      Interesting that they seemed to have dropped the racism bit in favour of insulting.
      Racism part now dropped to alleged. Main charge now insulting people.
      Hey Negrito, get a sense of humour, no?
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #28: Nov 16, 2011 06:42:18 pm
      From what I understand it's not about evidence, it's about interpretation. They accuse him of having said negro at least 10 times to Evra, which Suarez admits to. It's just that in Uruguay negro isn't a racist word.

This is the first I've heard of this, but I found this article.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/suarez-remark-to-evra-lost-in-translation-2933864.html

However, this still doesn't explain why the FA charged him. If Negrito is well known to be a non-racist term of endearment for a black person then what can the FA argue?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #29: Nov 16, 2011 06:52:27 pm
      I'm so f***in furious about that. At least I'm sure the club will fight for Suarez. If he says he wasn't racist, then I believe him. I would be deeply disappointed if he was racist, but the nature of the charge make me doubt it and believe Luis even more - charging someone because it was "alleged" is f***in ridiculous. Clearly it's who alleged it what matters in this case, that's the Man Utd way.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #30: Nov 16, 2011 06:52:32 pm
      Disgusting racist.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31: Nov 16, 2011 06:54:49 pm
      Club, players and supporters need to get in lock-step and join together in fighting this garbage, no evidence at all and we get this for a result? The Terry video is there for all the world to see, where is the Suarez video...oh wait it does not exist.
      Bier
      Reply #32: Nov 16, 2011 06:55:23 pm
      This is the first I've heard of this, but I found this article.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/suarez-remark-to-evra-lost-in-translation-2933864.html

However, this still doesn't explain why the FA charged him. If Negrito is well known to be a non-racist term of endearment for a black person then what can the FA argue?
      It seems not many people had heard, as some people keep banging on about evidence and the FA not being able to prove anything. In Dutch media Suarez is even quoted on all this.

And I don't know the details. Maybe the problem lies that in Uruguay they speak Spanish, and it is a racist word in Spanish, just not in Uruguay. But it's ridiculous, as it seems to be fairly common knowledge that in Uruguay the word doesn't have a racist meaning.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #33: Nov 16, 2011 06:56:10 pm

He's obviously trying to strangle the boy.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34: Nov 16, 2011 06:57:46 pm
      It seems not many people had heard, as some people keep banging on about evidence and the FA not being able to prove anything. In Dutch media Suarez is even quoted on all this.

And I don't know the details. Maybe the problem lies that in Uruguay they speak Spanish, and it is a racist word in Spanish, just not in Uruguay. But it's ridiculous, as it seems to be fairly common knowledge that in Uruguay the word doesn't have a racist meaning.

It is not considered a racist word in Mexico or for that matter here in the States, this is just a reason for others to take shots at us.
      Bier
      Reply #35: Nov 16, 2011 07:03:34 pm
      It is not considered a racist word in Mexico or for that matter here in the States, this is just a reason for others to take shots at us.
      Maybe not when you describe a person. But negro in Spanish means black person, even in Mexico. And if you are talking to a black person and keep saying negro to him with that meaning, you can't deny that that is not appropriate. The thing is, in Uruguay the word has nothing to do with color, but means something like friend, or mate.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #36: Nov 16, 2011 07:15:14 pm
      Maybe not when you describe a person. But negro in Spanish means black person, even in Mexico. And if you are talking to a black person and keep saying negro to him with that meaning, you can't deny that that is not appropriate. The thing is, in Uruguay the word has nothing to do with color, but means something like friend, or mate.

I could be wrong, but I think that "negrito" does carry racial implications in the sense that it does specifically refer to people with black skin, but it is not abusive like the "N" word in English.  As you mentioned, it is more of an endearing term used to describe a black skinned person. 

I have no doubt that Suarez was trying to wind Evra up a bit and get in his head, but to me it would be like saying, "What's wrong buddy?" or, "Where were you on that play mate?" or something like that.  He was messing with Evra.... talking a little sh*t as almost all players do, but what he said wasn't intended to be a racial slur. 

Hopefully this all gets sorted quickly because we need Luis on the playing field and 100% focused on his job!!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #37: Nov 16, 2011 07:16:25 pm
      I get called a guero all the time and negrito is used in the same context. The Spanish language has far worse words for people of color then guero or negrito
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #38: Nov 16, 2011 07:19:36 pm
      Calling someone a negro isn't offensive here either. If it is then my English teacher is also racist.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #39: Nov 16, 2011 07:24:51 pm
      I am so angry about this! This just proves to me that the FA are so scared of Ferguson , that they are prepared to RUIN the career of one of the Premiership's most exciting players.
      Let's see what happens to Terry now. If he is not charged the FA could find themselves  guilty of racism !!
      Fired off an e-mail to the FA , don't think it will do any good but I'm so angry it made me feel better.
      I'm no racist , take people as I find them and have Indian ancestry myself , but we get called 'bin dippers' 'murderers' 'wall pushers' not to mention all the lies that the Sun printed , but no one gives a sh*t about that.
      Hope Luis knows we are behind him , because he will need all of us onside , to get through this.

TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #40: Nov 16, 2011 07:28:13 pm
      IMO Luis will be recognized guilty of "using abusive and/or insulting words" but not guilty of "a reference to the ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race".

Best scenario for FA.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #41: Nov 16, 2011 07:31:51 pm
      I could be wrong, but I think that "negrito" does carry racial implications in the sense that it does specifically refer to people with black skin,

Not having a go, but Evra does.
      Bier
      Reply #42: Nov 16, 2011 07:35:49 pm
      I could be wrong, but I think that "negrito" does carry racial implications in the sense that it does specifically refer to people with black skin, but it is not abusive like the "N" word in English.  As you mentioned, it is more of an endearing term used to describe a black skinned person. 

I have no doubt that Suarez was trying to wind Evra up a bit and get in his head, but to me it would be like saying, "What's wrong buddy?" or, "Where were you on that play mate?" or something like that.  He was messing with Evra.... talking a little sh*t as almost all players do, but what he said wasn't intended to be a racial slur. 

Hopefully this all gets sorted quickly because we need Luis on the playing field and 100% focused on his job!!

Well, I was talking about the word negro, which is apparently used in Uruguay for people of any colour. Not sure on negrito, and when I posted I thought he had said the word negro. I don't doubt that he was indeed winding him up.

Calling someone a negro isn't offensive here either. If it is then my English teacher is also racist.

The word negro in itself might not be racist if used in the right way. But you walk up to a black person you don't know and repeatedly call him negro, and see how not offensive he thinks it is.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #43: Nov 16, 2011 07:35:55 pm

If you want to call someone with black skin something racially offensive, you call them "mallate". It's a dirty, dirty word, on par with the n-word the English speaking world uses.

In other terms, however, Suarez has to recognize his environment. I know better than walking up to a pub in Liverpool and giving one of you guys the American peace sign. Luis should know better. Way better.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #44: Nov 16, 2011 07:38:24 pm

Exactly!  Calling a black person "black" isn't racist, but calling them the "N" word is.  Likewise, calling someone a "black c**t" like Terry did is undeniably racist. 

In Luis's case, calling Evra "negrito" does carry racial implications, just not negative ones so it seems completely ridiculous to me that he would be charged over this....
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #45: Nov 16, 2011 07:51:08 pm
      Freaking FA should stop sucking Fergie's rod.
      It's a joke.

How can they charge him where there has been no evidence. It's been a month since the incident, where is the proof?

If there is proof of him racially abusing Evra, then charge him. How can they even charge when they haven't got any proof?

FA = Ferguson's Army. They hate us. How much you wanna bet John Terry gets away with his?

Quick Reply