Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Can I develop an LFC app?

Read 2012 times
      keki
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      Can I develop an LFC app?
      Nov 23, 2011 02:28:14 pm
      Hello,

I'm thinking of creating a game for mobiles + tablets, it's specific to LFC but I don't want to fall foul of any copyright or trademark violations.....

Does anybody know the legals around this area? I mean, for the use of the club logo and terms such as 'Liverpool FC' or 'LFC'

I see this site uses the logo, could it be deemed as being a copyright infringement and what could/would the club do?

I know the internet is a big place and its hard for the club to enforce copyright violations but the mobile world is different and the app could be pulled by google / apple so easily and all the hard work that goes in to it goes up in smoke.

Thanks in advance,
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2011 03:32:58 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Re: Can I develop an LFC app?
      Reply #1: Nov 23, 2011 03:38:39 pm
      As you suggest, Google or Apple would likely not approve the app.  Although a mobile app would hardly go up in smoke if you had to make minor graphical amendments. 

In any case, all the rumours suggest the club are likely to change the crest this summer.

Lots of other issues such as whether you will be using the fixtures etc, as the Premier League also like to get heavy over this - to the point that we don't display the full fixture list on the website.
      keki
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 23, 2011 05:37:31 pm
      Many thanks for your reply.....

If I didn't use any images (i.e. the logo) but words like "LFC" or 'Liverpool FC' etc do you think that is still in breach?

Thanks again.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #3: Nov 23, 2011 05:44:17 pm
      In any case, all the rumours suggest the club are likely to change the crest this summer.
      Are you serious?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #4: Nov 23, 2011 06:24:29 pm
      Quote from keki
      If I didn't use any images (i.e. the logo) but words like "LFC" or 'Liverpool FC' etc do you think that is still in breach?

You just used them, I'm telling!

:f_bluelight: :police:
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #5: Nov 23, 2011 06:41:24 pm
      Just get LFCREDS on your home screen :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #6: Nov 24, 2011 03:01:06 pm
      Many thanks for your reply.....

Thanks again.

Can see no reason why that wouldn't be okay.

Quick Reply