Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (8.3%)
      Glen Johnson
      (15.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (14.5%)
      Daniel Agger
      (2.1%)
      Jose Enrique
      (3.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (15.8%)
      Charlie Adam
      (30.7%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      (3.3%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (4.1%)

Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Enjoyment

Read 49108 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Enjoyment
      Reply #598: Nov 20, 2011 06:25:55 pm
      Hate saying it but i actually think Neville is a decent pundit
      Agreed. He knows his stuff, and I guess that's no surprise seeing as what he's done for the last 15-20 years.
      Sorry, can't do it.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #599: Nov 20, 2011 06:26:49 pm
      Reina - 8     Johnno - 6(before the goal),   Skrtel- 9   Agger - 8   Enrique - 7

Maxi - 7  Bellamy - 8 Kuyt - 8 Suarez - 7.5   Adam - 8        Lucas - 8 

Hendo - 8   Carroll - 6
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #600: Nov 20, 2011 06:26:52 pm
      A friend called me an hour ago from stamford bridge to tell me, the red fans were singing, LG drinks sangria...hahaha crazy,thx all of u
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #601: Nov 20, 2011 06:27:13 pm
      Can't see Carragher getting back in to the side.

Agger and Skrtel have both been immense last few games.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,749 posts | 7179 
      Reply #602: Nov 20, 2011 06:28:01 pm
      Nice to see Lucas and Adam getting some credit and Johnson who has been plagued by injuries starting to hit form too.Loved the way Kenny brought in the changes today cant wait to see how we line up against City.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: LIVE: Chelsea v Liverpool
      Reply #603: Nov 20, 2011 06:28:02 pm
      Delighted, truly awesome goal by Glen, showing what he gives that Kelly can't quite at the moment. I'll be honest though not long before I was thinking Kelly would of been the better option as he was being exposed defensively.

Well played lads, even better that Torres and Meireles came on to lose the game hahahaha enjoy it lads cracking result and decent performance, especially first half!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #604: Nov 20, 2011 06:28:34 pm
      Ya agree jd skrtel and agger are starting to look a real partnership
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,749 posts | 7179 
      Reply #605: Nov 20, 2011 06:29:58 pm
      Can't see Carragher getting back in to the side.

Agger and Skrtel have both been immense last few games.
      Since Jamie and Sami parted we have struggled for a balance and its great to see these two playing with confidence.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,749 posts | 7179 
      Reply #606: Nov 20, 2011 06:31:10 pm
      Agreed. He knows his stuff, and I guess that's no surprise seeing as what he's done for the last 15-20 years.
      Sorry, can't do it.
      Shouldn't do it either.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #607: Nov 20, 2011 06:32:13 pm
      + As usual Liverpool giving a class performance against good opposition, and dominating the first half.
      - As usual Liverpool being far more average in second half except in the last ten minutes.
      ++++++++++++++++++++ Not as usual, Liverpool clinical / lucky enough to score the winner instead of hitting the woodwork

Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #608: Nov 20, 2011 06:34:30 pm
      No one else has said it I don't think but nice to see us win the game even though Luis didn't play to his usual level.

Nice to see goals scored by other players than our usual goal scorers too.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #609: Nov 20, 2011 06:35:42 pm
      Gave MOTM to Pepe. His save was a goal in its own, and it turned the game around.
      So in my opinion, Maxi, Johnson and Pepe scored.
      I dont think it was an enjoyable match to watch,besides the result (fair to say it means everything).
      Ups
      Skrtel was a brick wall
      Reina had some key saves
      Lucas was mobile, passing the ball around with good criteria, his performance in the second half was not as good, due to his yellow
      Adam was great at pressing (altough thats NOT what i want him to be great at)

Downs
      Suarez was isolated. and never fed the ball in motion. They have to fire him up to get the ball in direction of the goal, not always with his back to it. His passing was a bit off, but sometimes he passed to where he tought his teammante would run...that never worked
      Good workrate to be fair, good pressing, but he looked burnt
      Passing the ball to Pepe ( or really backwards) while in attack. That just will give me a nervous breakdown!!!! How the ball ends in Pepes feet 3 seconds after a corner is beyond me and i hate it.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #610: Nov 20, 2011 06:36:04 pm
      Good win, lots of positives from the first half, some niggles in the second. 

This may have just been me, but the commentary was odd today.  Been used to the commentators constantly saying Suarez has dived, every time he goes down, but replays have then shown that they were talking out their arse because, in a majority of cases, he had been fouled.  Seemed to hold their tongues today, except when he had  that little spat with David Luiz and a couple of sly digs were thrown in.  This also went through to the TV direction of the game, with action replays of possible contentious decisions, for and against Suarez, not  being shown.   
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #611: Nov 20, 2011 06:36:49 pm
      Charlie Adam dedicated the win to Brad Jones, nice one.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #612: Nov 20, 2011 06:37:44 pm
      I thought it was the Man U match all over again when Hendo came on for the cameo at 1-1.

He did a great job man marking Lampard and being tight an neat in possession in uncomfortable places.Well played son.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,749 posts | 7179 
      Reply #613: Nov 20, 2011 06:40:17 pm
      I thought it was the Man U match all over again when Hendo came on for the cameo at 1-1.

He did a great job man marking Lampard and being tight an neat in possession in uncomfortable places.Well played son.
      These new kids have got to be given time and build up a level of confidence which allows them to  perform to the required standard.They will all come good and hopefully the way Kenny is bringing them on they will be chomping to play come March April and May.its all looking good so far and what a fantastic run since that awful day at Spurs.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #614: Nov 20, 2011 06:40:44 pm
      Even though he only had a few minutes, it was good to see Carroll, right in the thick of it, fighting for everything within 10 feet of him.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #615: Nov 20, 2011 06:40:49 pm
      What a great game that was, shame we can't play like that against teams like Swansea though! MOTM had to be Johnson he played so well from the start and was a constant threat to the Chavs all match, the goal was well worked and scored like a pro! 

It was good to see Bellamy linking up well with Suarez and Maxi for the first too, I think sicknote mentioned that in would be difficult for Kenny to leave him out next time with that kind of performance! 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #616: Nov 20, 2011 06:41:31 pm
      Well done to our lads for getting the 3 points at Chelsea,it was just a pity that Kuyt missed that sitter in the 85 minute.I said in the pre match that I thought Johnson would score and the lad did the honours with a cracking goal.Now we have got to do it all again in the League Cup and there is no reason why we can't,GO THE MIGHTY REDS.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #617: Nov 20, 2011 06:44:49 pm
      What a sweet win, chuffed to bits cause of it. The lads played a great first half, went a bit down in the second, but we were just great in the last 10 minutes, which gave us our winner.

Skrtel and Agger were great, Enrique was a bit shaky for me and what to say about Glen, just read this on facebook and I think it sums it all up 'We kept talking about the former Reds, wearing Blue. But we forgot about the former Blue, wearing Red!'.
      And what a leader Pepe is, he had some great saves, a true inspiration on the field. Our midfield did well, as for Luis, I guess it just wasn't his day.

Have to say, what a dirty little c**t of a clown is David Luiz, couldn't stand to watch the jerk, especially in the first half.

So happy about our win today, hopefully will do the same in our next game.

Well done lads  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Always aways
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #618: Nov 20, 2011 06:45:30 pm
        So I run Johnson down the whole game,constantly saying he should be on the wing,cause he looks so terrible at right back,and what does he do?Fecking hell!A great goal to give us 3 pts...in the 87th minute mind you!Oh I love you again,Glen!
        MOTM?Skrtel or Agger.Gotta be.The partnership there starting to push JC out the door,sad to say.Really would like Carra to show the ropes to Kelly who will ultimatley be in that central position.....with the captain's armband on!
        By the way,where the hell did Downing go once he came on the pitch-or is it just me?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #619: Nov 20, 2011 06:46:39 pm
      My MOTM was Martin Skrtel. He was F***ing immense today!!!!!! Like Carra in his prime.

Buzzing about that win, because I was resigned to holding on for the point, but we caught them short at the back, and Glen kept his head and won us the game.

Get the F**k in!!!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,749 posts | 7179 
      Reply #620: Nov 20, 2011 06:48:39 pm
      When you play so well first half it is inevitable that a team like Chelsea will come back at you and especially at home. I still think it was a very good 90min perfomance and the players must feel 10ft tall now.

Quick Reply