Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (8.3%)
      Glen Johnson
      (15.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (14.5%)
      Daniel Agger
      (2.1%)
      Jose Enrique
      (3.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (15.8%)
      Charlie Adam
      (30.7%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      (3.3%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (4.1%)

Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Enjoyment

Read 48028 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Enjoyment
      Reply #713: Nov 21, 2011 12:02:01 am
      There are a lot of footballing geniuses out there.

F**k me that bloke looks like Joey Tribbiani from Friends, "How You doing ?"
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #714: Nov 21, 2011 12:03:56 am
      A lot of tomorrow's papers 'writers' are going down the unlucky Chelsea route.

In honour of our reasonable nature I am prepared to knock off the 2 points dropped against Sunderland.

Sunderland (H) should have won - dropped 2 points
      Stoke (A) dropped at least 1, probably all 3 points
      Man Utd (H) should have won - dropped 2 points
      Norwich (H) should have won - dropped 2 points

I've got us down 5 points on the luck-o-meter.   :-*
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #715: Nov 21, 2011 12:05:04 am
      On LFC Tv now.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #716: Nov 21, 2011 12:05:45 am
      F**k me that bloke looks like Joey Tribbiani from Friends, "How You doing ?"
      Looks like hes as intelligent as well
      BigAndy9
      • Banned

• 54 posts |
      • Born a Spaniard, Die a Scouser
      Reply #717: Nov 21, 2011 12:06:20 am
      Hey guys, new member here :D

Anyway, so delighted with todays game, was nervous up until kick off and throughout the whole game (espec the second half) massive win though, just what we needed after those bad home results. Adam,Skrtel,Reina,Lucas,Bellamy and Suarez was brilliant today.

Roll on city!  :laugh:
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #718: Nov 21, 2011 12:09:20 am
      Welcome enjoy your stay you chose a great day to join :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #719: Nov 21, 2011 12:15:05 am
      Were Suarez and Bellamy wearing the same pair of boots?
      BigAndy9
      • Banned

• 54 posts |
      • Born a Spaniard, Die a Scouser
      Reply #720: Nov 21, 2011 12:16:21 am
      Were Suarez and Bellamy wearing the same pair of boots?

redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #721: Nov 21, 2011 12:18:27 am
      Everyone played well, fully committed, great urgency in defence and attack. Difficult to vote for man of the match, but went for Pepe due to his super reflex superman save that kept us in the game. We don't give the goalkeeper enough credit at times. Glad to see that Adam is running faster and tackling more, he must continue to do that. Kuyt being Kuyt, not the fastest nor the most skilful around but always track back to help the defence, and how many times he has interrupted their flow is there to be seen and to be appreciated. Good to also see that goals start to flow from other players. Suarez had an average game, his passes went astray most of the time, he looks tired, perhaps he shouldn't tried so hard to score so many goals for Uruguay in those meaningless friendly games  and reserve some energy for us. Our defence is solid and well organise except for that one moment we were caught napping. GJ was caught a few times but hey he's playing against world class players and not some mr. Joe Nothing. If he could close down the Chelski player faster that will make his job easier.

Using Bellamy and Maxi is the right move, both as what KD has mentioned are fast and intelligent. If we could be sharper in our final pass to our forwards, we'll tear Chelski aging defence apart, we should start to practice on that.

Went to one of the Chelski independent forum and it's pretty hilarious, one game lost and they want to sack the manager, start a panic buy comes January and some even suggested to buy Maxi. Buy! Buy! Buy! A bunch of spoiled brats and they have been using the Russion oil money to achieve success for far too long.

Even Carroll impressed me, he harassed the Chelski defence but he needed more support and he should do that nearer to their box and not much running needed, once through it's a scoring opportunity. 

We can expect a revamp of Chelski's midfield.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #722: Nov 21, 2011 12:30:12 am
      Chelsea had more shots and possession but we won the game! For once!

That's how it should be if we aren't exactly dominating shots and possession. Take our chances!

Just seen that part where Henderson became Suarez for a moment. Nutmeg and side pass + run.
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #723: Nov 21, 2011 01:14:41 am
      Love the little triangles we played today!

Also, Mata looks like a short AVB. Or maybe its just me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #724: Nov 21, 2011 01:16:10 am
      Just had this posted on my Facebook wall. ;D

Cech looked like phone jacker today. The pussy!!
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #725: Nov 21, 2011 01:41:14 am
      Glen Johnson was very impressive completed 25 passes, and his goal was very well taken. If some saw it they would have said he was a striker not a denfender. He was man of the match fo me. but the whole team played as a team today. Why cant we  play  like this against the lower teams, seem to play our  best games against top clubs.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #726: Nov 21, 2011 01:46:02 am
      I liked how Kenny mentioned post game about the Johnson goal something to the effect of " I have no idea what he was doing so far up the pitch but it was a great goal" classic Kenny
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #727: Nov 21, 2011 03:22:48 am
      Why cant we  play  like this against the lower teams, seem to play our  best games against top clubs.

Against the bigger teams we normally have much more space and room to attack and against the smaller teams we normally get the bus parked against us and struggle to break them down.

Lack of creativity is a problem against those smaller teams. A classic number 10 with that little bit of class would do well.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #728: Nov 21, 2011 04:38:34 am
      All the pundits here in Malaysia predicted a Liverpool win. Malaysian who SMSed said Liverpool will win. FourFourTwo predicted a 1-2 Liverpool win and they delivered.

Adam, your passing was magnificent!
      Glen, you should be a winger. God, that was sweet!
      Skrtel and Agger, rock solid performance!
      Pepe, what a save that was!
      Maxi, nice goal!
      Suarez and Bellamy, great effort both of you!
      All the lads, good game and a nice win. Just try not to sit too deep in the 2nd half.

Chelsea...
      Drogba,Malouda, Terry, Lampard, Anelka it's time to go!
      Mikel, watch your back!
      Torres, what could I say. the only way up is the bench.
      Meireles, hope that fat paycheck really satisfy you.

Torres scored the winning goal. You bought him and then lost the game.
      Meireles scored the winning goal. You bought him and also you lost.

Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #729: Nov 21, 2011 05:28:53 am
      Great F***ing win. Johnson you absolute beauty!!

No point deluded ourselves though, we were a bit lucky overall given the performance in the second half, we allowed them far too much of the ball and they were getting in at us too easily imo. Decision making from Luis and Enrique in particular was very poor at times.

Lucas was F***ing superb though, Adam will take the plaudits, and he was good too(in attacking sense anyway), but Lucas again i thought was outstanding. Everything is nice and neat and precise with minimal fuss. Still don't think Adam is the right partner for him in the middle but hey-ho, that's for another day.

Think Bellamy and Maxi showed today why so many of use have been calling for their inclusion more often.

Even Henderson showed in that game what[s he capable of of he  shows a bit more belief in himself, so hopefully that gives him a bit of confidence.

Overall, lots of positives, but still there's much work to be done.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #730: Nov 21, 2011 05:53:46 am
      Well!! Hendo showed some sparks yesterday.. :)
      towerofpower
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      • killer boots man
      Reply #731: Nov 21, 2011 06:03:17 am
      Overall and bearing in mind we were away from home it was a decent performance. I thought that Glen was getting rinsed by Malouda for portions of the game but stuck to his task and won us the game. First half of the second half we struggled to contain them but a managed to adjust and i thought lucas and adam got to grips with their change in formation. Suarez looked tired and i was disappointed to see bellamy come of as i thought he as playing well maybe maxi off for hendo and shift bellamy across. Anyway all fairly academic as it's another decent away win!!! YNWA
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #732: Nov 21, 2011 06:29:41 am
      Great, amazing VICTORY. We needed that like water in the desert. We are coming back in the run for CL, and who knows, something better. I have always supported the Reds, even in the frustrating draws or loss. And now I'm very happy !! YNWA
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #733: Nov 21, 2011 07:36:17 am
      Hell. F***ing. YES.

What a win. Sat there with a hangover and watched the game and was so proud of our boys. The fight that we showed was brilliant, and that's what wins games. Adam impressed me a lot with much more hustle in his game, as did all the boys. Chelsea came at us in the second and we were hanging on, but we kept at it and got the reward. What a F***ing goal that was by GlenJo, absolutely brilliant. As was Maxi's with the team play that came with it.

Dalglish really got it pretty spot on today for me. I had thought before the game this would be one we should really go with some pace up front and expose Chelsea's defense, and we did it. Suarez yet again making an opposition defense chase shadows with his movement.

And holy hell it makes me beam from ear to ear when i see Kenny celebrate how he does. His joy is just unparalleled, it's a fans joy. Love it :)

Woooooooo!!!!!!
      pugs86
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #734: Nov 21, 2011 07:58:42 am
      Apart from winning tackles, high energy levels, would run through brick walls for the team and gets important goals.

any one could win a tackle, and you're using the 'runs a lot' justification, and when exactly has he scored an 'important goal' this season - as somebody else said; we "hold on to good servants at our peril." He is simply not good enough and must go asap; the players we have signed should be playing ahead of Dirk, and the reasons you gave for him being good enough, to me, are not reason enough for the boss selecting him every week. Y'day was an amazing result away to Chelsea, but I just feel that Dirk is more of a hinderance than a help when on the pitch - sometimes think he would make more of an impact if he ran around in the car park for 90mins. Did he do enough to earn a place in the starting 11 next wknd, probably not: will Kenny select him against City, probably
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #735: Nov 21, 2011 08:15:40 am
      any one could win a tackle, and you're using the 'runs a lot' justification, and when exactly has he scored an 'important goal' this season - as somebody else said; we "hold on to good servants at our peril." He is simply not good enough and must go asap; the players we have signed should be playing ahead of Dirk, and the reasons you gave for him being good enough, to me, are not reason enough for the boss selecting him every week. Y'day was an amazing result away to Chelsea, but I just feel that Dirk is more of a hinderance than a help when on the pitch - sometimes think he would make more of an impact if he ran around in the car park for 90mins. Did he do enough to earn a place in the starting 11 next wknd, probably not: will Kenny select him against City, probably
      I am sorry mate but after a win like that I have only praise for Kenny and the lads,when we do the same to City I will be doubly delighted and have no complaints however we win.

Quick Reply