Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (8.3%)
      Glen Johnson
      (15.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (14.5%)
      Daniel Agger
      (2.1%)
      Jose Enrique
      (3.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (15.8%)
      Charlie Adam
      (30.7%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      (3.3%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (4.1%)

Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Enjoyment

Read 47602 times
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Re: Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Enjoyment
      Reply #736: Nov 21, 2011 08:25:02 am
      great win lads,way to go,now next man city,cant wait to slaughter them!!!!!YNWA!!!!!!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #737: Nov 21, 2011 08:33:24 am
      Surprisingly, after that 4-0 defeat to Spurs and the lack of clean sheets we've got this season, we have conceded the least goals in the Premier League!
      pugs86
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #738: Nov 21, 2011 08:36:36 am
      It seems like it is only possible to express positive opinion on here at times, and anything otherwise is condemned as disloyalty. Let me make this clear, I am not criticising the gaffer (tactics were spot on), or the team as a whole, and have said that y'day was an amazing result away to Chelsea. However, I do not feel that Dirk is good enough,  (and previous games and his service to the club is irrelevant to me in the here and now), as the season progresses I honestly believe he is not at the level that we need to be a serious challenge in the long run - and remember it is only my opinion, so you are entitled to disagree, and my views whatever they may be are not a sign of disloyalty, but I do not feel that Dirk justifies his consistent selection based on what I have seen.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #739: Nov 21, 2011 08:37:22 am
      Surprisingly, after that 4-0 defeat to Spurs and the lack of clean sheets we've got this season, we have conceded the least goals in the Premier League!

I remember the pre-season friendlies and the amount of moaning there was about the goals conceded.

A lot of us said then for people to calm down and not take friendlies so seriously.

Although even I'm surprised we have the joint lowest goals conceded not just in the Premier League but in any of the English divisions.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #740: Nov 21, 2011 08:45:43 am
       Surprised the media are sayign Chelsea were "unlucky". All the CFC season ticket holders in the pub last night (and there are sh!tloads of em in here) were unanimous in saying that we shaded a tight match and deserved it because the winner was such a good goal. Villas Boas won't last there I don't think unless he turns it around sharpish, judging by listening to them anyway.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #741: Nov 21, 2011 08:45:53 am
      It seems like it is only possible to express positive opinion on here at times, and anything otherwise is condemned as disloyalty. Let me make this clear, I am not criticising the gaffer (tactics were spot on), or the team as a whole, and have said that y'day was an amazing result away to Chelsea. However, I do not feel that Dirk is good enough,  (and previous games and his service to the club is irrelevant to me in the here and now), as the season progresses I honestly believe he is not at the level that we need to be a serious challenge in the long run - and remember it is only my opinion, so you are entitled to disagree, and my views whatever they may be are not a sign of disloyalty, but I do not feel that Dirk justifies his consistent selection based on what I have seen.

I do not think that I griticised your opinion,all I said was I was delighted with the win and only had praise for Kenny and the lads,I will also repeat that I will be equally happy to do the same against City.And I certainly did not say you were being disloyal.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #742: Nov 21, 2011 08:48:48 am
      Great result yesterday all the lads did brilliant. 2 fantastic goals & a brilliant save from our captain delivered the spoils.
      Personally that 11 apart from Gerrrard in for Kuyt when fit is our best & I would like to see Kenny pick it more.
      ps. Can we play away every week!!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #743: Nov 21, 2011 08:53:48 am
      It seems like it is only possible to express positive opinion on here at times

Not true.  But a lot of people on here have the memory of elephants so probably remember some of your previous sly digs such as

Glen Johnson: absolute rubbish; no touch, can't pass, can't tackle, can't defend, can't man-mark, can't cross a ball, can't shoot.

Why is he playing for us?

A player that Rafa brought in; that should say it all

and then elect not to pay too much attention to you turning your attention on another player.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #744: Nov 21, 2011 08:55:02 am
      Happy with the result, dug in, played well and rode out the storm

Carvalho was obviously the leader at Chelsea as Terry is a shadow of his former self.

Great win, now same again next week lads.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #745: Nov 21, 2011 08:56:36 am
      Carvalho was obviously the leader at Chelsea as Terry is a shadow of his former self.

Good shout.  A lot of us thought pre-match that their defence would be a mess, and so it proved.

John Terry and Rio Ferdinand both liabilities now for their teams.  And great to see with their very chequered pasts.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #746: Nov 21, 2011 08:59:49 am
      Desperately needed a result today. To get the win was a huge bonus. Thought Suarez was again a little below his best level. Maxi had a great first half disappeared in the second. Adam played a more defensive role today I thought, but still made an assist and a great tackle for the first.

Johnson? Breaks my heart defensively then knocks in the winner!

Happy as a pig in sh*te with this result.   

Well in that case we can move Glen Johnson up as centre forward and Carroll as RB since he can't score and doesn't get much play time.  ;) ;D
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #747: Nov 21, 2011 09:04:23 am
      Good shout.  A lot of us thought pre-match that their defence would be a mess, and so it proved.

John Terry and Rio Ferdinand both liabilities now for their teams.  And great to see with their very chequered pasts.

Another good shout, Ferdinand looks lost without Vidic, and Terry without Carvalho.

Agger and Skrtel were boss again yesterday, perhaps Carragher is no longer classed as an automatic first choice.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #748: Nov 21, 2011 09:10:03 am
      Seriously the sooner Glen is off and Kelly takes his place the better.
      This is why making rash comments during a game can come back and bite you .  ;)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #749: Nov 21, 2011 09:22:53 am
      Well I was looking forward to MOTD as I only got to listen to the match on 5 live. After all the dominance by us in the first half, all we got was the goal. All the rest of the first half was about chelsea. What a sad load of bas**rds they are, edited out all the good stuff by us so it would seem we were just lucky and Chelsea bossed us the whole match. Knob heads at the B.B.C.   They do say to get a job at the beeb nowadays you have to be bent, so that's right up the rent boys street I supose.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #750: Nov 21, 2011 09:24:30 am
      Hate saying it but i actually think Neville is a decent pundit

Go wash you mouth with soap young man. Rat boy and good don't go together in same sentence  >:(.
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #751: Nov 21, 2011 09:25:14 am
      Well I was looking forward to MOTD as I only got to listen to the match on 5 live. After all the dominance by us in the first half, all we got was the goal. All the rest of the first half was about chelsea. What a sad load of bas**rds they are, edited out all the good stuff by us so it would seem we were just lucky and Chelsea bossed us the whole match. Knob heads at the B.B.C.   They do say to get a job at the beeb nowadays you have to be bent, so that's right up the rent boys street I supose.

I thought exactly the same mate,the first half shown on MOTD was all about chelsea then we scored!! pretty much the same with the 2nd half highlights too.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #752: Nov 21, 2011 09:30:27 am
      Interesting pattern in the votes this week. Usually 90% of the votes use to go to one player only. Members, this week, are torn between Charlie, Johnson, Skrtel and Lucas.

It says one thing; the four of them were immense yesterday. At one time or the other in the game, one of the four players was always standing up to be counted.

Good.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #753: Nov 21, 2011 09:43:44 am
      I know it doesn't really matter now but I still don't understand how Ivanovic got booked for the tackle on Suarez in the second half. He won the ball, but the ref gave a foul and booked him. When he books him he has to tick a box saying what the bookings for doesn't he? You can't be booked for violent conduct so why hasn't he just got a straight red?

Either way, excellent performance and Lucas got my vote for MOM, for his work rate, breaking play down and coolness on the ball when we needed it.

Awesome goal by Johnson, still think he got beat a little too easily a few times down the left. I can't really remember them attacking down the right too often which says enough really. Nonetheless he was excellent going forward and I love that for the goal he skinned the player I hate most in the prem, Ashley Cole.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #754: Nov 21, 2011 10:18:46 am
      Have to give it to Reina, though.

That one saved he made when it was 1-1 was important to keep us in the game and we eventually won it.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #755: Nov 21, 2011 12:02:16 pm
      Really loved this bit from Kenny

"Asked why he had chosen to pick the latter two (Maxi & Bellamy) for the clash with the Blues, Dalglish said: "It seemed like a good idea at the time8)

"He likes London, Maxi - he likes the temperature here!  ;D :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #756: Nov 21, 2011 12:31:55 pm
      any one could win a tackle, and you're using the 'runs a lot' justification, and when exactly has he scored an 'important goal' this season - as somebody else said; we "hold on to good servants at our peril." He is simply not good enough and must go asap; the players we have signed should be playing ahead of Dirk, and the reasons you gave for him being good enough, to me, are not reason enough for the boss selecting him every week. Y'day was an amazing result away to Chelsea, but I just feel that Dirk is more of a hinderance than a help when on the pitch - sometimes think he would make more of an impact if he ran around in the car park for 90mins. Did he do enough to earn a place in the starting 11 next wknd, probably not: will Kenny select him against City, probably

Aren't you the same poster, who not so long ago was slagging Kenny, sorry but I don't take anything you say seriously, alright la!

anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #757: Nov 21, 2011 12:32:34 pm
      I would like to see glen on wings and kelly at RB..both swaping positions  :) ..hendo behind suaraz
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #758: Nov 21, 2011 12:34:05 pm
      and why is bellamy got substituted?

Quick Reply