Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (8.3%)
      Glen Johnson
      (15.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (14.5%)
      Daniel Agger
      (2.1%)
      Jose Enrique
      (3.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (15.8%)
      Charlie Adam
      (30.7%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      (3.3%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (4.1%)

Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Enjoyment

Read 47884 times
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Re: Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Enjoyment
      Reply #759: Nov 21, 2011 12:46:32 pm
      and why is bellamy got substituted?
      bellamy got subbed because chelsea came out like a train in the second half and were ripping us to shreds until henderson came on for bellers to strengthen the midfeild,which worked a treat.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #760: Nov 21, 2011 12:48:09 pm
      but bellamy wasnt tired imo..but suaraz was..anyways we won  :)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,270 posts | 761 
      Reply #761: Nov 21, 2011 12:58:45 pm
      It will be interesting to see who Kenny picks, just two days after the City game, for the Carling cup. As much as the PL game is important, it would be great to knock Chelsea out of the Carling cup giving us two consecutive victories at the bridge in a matter of 10 days!
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #762: Nov 21, 2011 01:34:26 pm
      Was there even an exchange of jerseys after the game? or were the Chelsea players, excluding Torres, too mad to even shake hands?
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #763: Nov 21, 2011 02:15:00 pm
      I personally thought that Bellers was our best player until he got subbed.  He was constantly moving off the ball and working to create space for others to run into.  His display (including his assist) was unselfish and he really worked hard for the benefit of the team.  Also, he was tidy on the ball and made some very good, intelligent passes. 

Adam had a good game, but I personally feel he was at fault for the goal.  People point at Agger and/or Enrique for not marking Sturridge's run, but it was Adam who was caught out of position when Malouda strolled into the box and saw his mishit shot turned into the net.  The disappointing thing was that Charlie was only a few yards out of position, but he really didn't put much effort into getting back goal side of Malouda to stop him from having the shot.  He was playing lazy defense, and it could have cost us.  I can't harp too much on Charlie though, as he helped to create both of our goals and played very well throughout the rest of the match. 

Overall, it was a good performance and a great result!!  Let's keep it going next week against Man Shitty, then we'll make it 3 wins out of 3 against the Chavs at the Bridge in 2011!! 
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,002 posts | 3350 
      Reply #764: Nov 21, 2011 02:24:38 pm
      Better be careful in January Chelsea don't come in for Maxi and Johnson. After all, they've signed the last two players to score for us against them.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #765: Nov 21, 2011 02:26:18 pm
      Well I was looking forward to MOTD as I only got to listen to the match on 5 live. After all the dominance by us in the first half, all we got was the goal. All the rest of the first half was about chelsea. What a sad load of bas**rds they are, edited out all the good stuff by us so it would seem we were just lucky and Chelsea bossed us the whole match. Knob heads at the B.B.C.   They do say to get a job at the beeb nowadays you have to be bent, so that's right up the rent boys street I supose.
      I sent the BBC an email this morning about this very subject. The first point being that a 50 min programme covering just one EPL game had jsut 15 mins highlights quite pathetic. 2nd point was even the BBC commentary on 5 live highlighted our first half dominance yet the highlights just showed Chelsea attacking us.
      We never get a good deal from the BBC we are always last on the billing and generally I dont think they like us.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #766: Nov 21, 2011 03:04:26 pm
      any one could win a tackle, and you're using the 'runs a lot' justification, and when exactly has he scored an 'important goal' this season - as somebody else said; we "hold on to good servants at our peril." He is simply not good enough and must go asap; the players we have signed should be playing ahead of Dirk, and the reasons you gave for him being good enough, to me, are not reason enough for the boss selecting him every week. Y'day was an amazing result away to Chelsea, but I just feel that Dirk is more of a hinderance than a help when on the pitch - sometimes think he would make more of an impact if he ran around in the car park for 90mins. Did he do enough to earn a place in the starting 11 next wknd, probably not: will Kenny select him against City, probably

Honestly lad that is the biggest pile of bollocks I've ever read.

Go back to the first 45 minutes yesterday and the main reason we had the beating of Chelsea was the work rate of our front 4 they hurried and hassled Chelsea in Posession and chased every lost cause.

It was so effective Andre Villas Boas had to make changes at half time, as we started to boss Chelsea all over the pitch.

Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi and Suarez were key to that as they were our first line of defense and never gave Chelsea a minute on the ball and put pressure on them and disrupted their passing game as they never had a moment to pick out a pass, which resulted in them more often than not being sloppy in posession.

The only reason Chelsea grew into the game was the change of formation with Mata going into a pretty much free role ancd Sturridge coming on, but Kenny eventually brought Henderson on, so Lucas could drop a little deeper to pick up Mata and then we started to get control of the game again.

« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2011 03:25:37 pm by Venison 86 »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #767: Nov 21, 2011 03:09:43 pm
      Better be careful in January Chelsea don't come in for Maxi and Johnson. After all, they've signed the last two players to score for us against them.

Said something similar myself in the laugh at Chelsea thread earlier. :D
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #768: Nov 21, 2011 04:39:35 pm
      Great game. Agger and Skrtel are a great partnership. They complement each other very well. Also don't get the slagging of Johnson for their goal. Adam should have been tracking Malouda's run as Johnson had switched of to cover the overlap from Terry. That, or Johnson didn't want to cover him for fear of racial abuse.

This game missed a Gerrard to link midfield to attack. We didn't create many chances, but finished possibly our two best ones (outside of Dirk missing the target on that great layoff after Hendo's right wing wizardry), which is a nice change. All in all, good performance with a great result :)

MOTM was Skrtel for me. Didn't put a foot wrong.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #769: Nov 21, 2011 05:03:42 pm
      Great game. Agger and Skrtel are a great partnership. They complement each other very well. Also don't get the slagging of Johnson for their goal. Adam should have been tracking Malouda's run as Johnson had switched of to cover the overlap from Terry. That, or Johnson didn't want to cover him for fear of racial abuse.

This game missed a Gerrard to link midfield to attack. We didn't create many chances, but finished possibly our two best ones (outside of Dirk missing the target on that great layoff after Hendo's right wing wizardry), which is a nice change. All in all, good performance with a great result :)

MOTM was Skrtel for me. Didn't put a foot wrong.

Except for his complete whiff on his attempted clearance of Malouda's cross late on!!  ;D :)  He did have a very good game though. 

Completely agree about Adam on their goal.  For me he needs to start showing more determination on the defensive side of the ball, especially in our own half.  He was all over Mikel when we had the opportunity to score in the 1st half, and that set up our goal.  However, he failed to get into position to force Malouda away from goal when they scored, and that could have cost us.  Luckily, he redeemed himself with a great ball to Johno who finished clinically. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #770: Nov 21, 2011 05:04:28 pm
           http://bleacherreport.com/articles/950069-ferocious-liverpool-exposed-chelseas-shortcomings-under-andre-villas-boas
      The plastic people at are making noises and AVB is the target.                   
      redrox
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 13 
      Reply #771: Nov 21, 2011 05:08:51 pm
      The first half of the match had me buzzing and brimming with confidence, it was so nice to see us running rings around the Chelsea players, but the second half had me a bit worried at first especially when Chelsea got their goal, but we got it sorted in the end. Lets hope that this win as installed more confidence in our players as we get ready to face our next game, well done all!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #772: Nov 21, 2011 05:13:10 pm
      Was there even an exchange of jerseys after the game? or were the Chelsea players, excluding Torres, too mad to even shake hands?

Torres shook hands with a few Liverpool players and has already been getting slagged off on various Chelsea forums for it.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #773: Nov 21, 2011 05:13:28 pm
      Except for his complete whiff on his attempted clearance of Malouda's cross late on!!  ;D :)  He did have a very good game though.   

Duh, he was putting together an elaborate dummy to let the ball go out for a throw in. Brilliant defending :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #774: Nov 21, 2011 05:20:59 pm
      any one could win a tackle, and you're using the 'runs a lot' justification, and when exactly has he scored an 'important goal' this season - as somebody else said; we "hold on to good servants at our peril." He is simply not good enough and must go asap; the players we have signed should be playing ahead of Dirk, and the reasons you gave for him being good enough, to me, are not reason enough for the boss selecting him every week. Y'day was an amazing result away to Chelsea, but I just feel that Dirk is more of a hinderance than a help when on the pitch - sometimes think he would make more of an impact if he ran around in the car park for 90mins. Did he do enough to earn a place in the starting 11 next wknd, probably not: will Kenny select him against City, probably
      F***ing L pull your neck in lad - Dirk had a few good touches and played his part in the win, they went off the boil in the second half collectively but the  overall performance was well worth an overall positive reaction which yours is not.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #775: Nov 21, 2011 05:31:34 pm

Jesus Wept, I'd F***ing hate to see you after a loss.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #776: Nov 21, 2011 05:33:12 pm
      Apparently, Chelsea fans weren't happy that Torres was smiling when he shook hands with some of our players.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,480 posts | 1486 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #777: Nov 21, 2011 05:43:03 pm

I think Bellers went a bit far, making Frank cry like that  :-[ ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #778: Nov 21, 2011 05:50:52 pm
      Apparently, Chelsea fans weren't happy that Torres was smiling when he shook hands with some of our players.
      Chelski fans aren't happy full stop Adryan, if I had made the dosh Torres has made with his half arsed performances - I'd be laughing my nuts off.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #779: Nov 21, 2011 05:53:07 pm
      weren't the only ones, our house descended into silence as we thought Drogba had scored.

Even the commentators thought it was in on Sky!

Everyone was so confused for a few seconds. :D

MOTD 2 aswell!
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #780: Nov 21, 2011 06:01:46 pm
      I think Hendersons contribution in that win should not be underestimated.
      Before he came on we were getting dominated in the midfield with Adam and Lucas marking Lampard, Mata, Sturridge e.c.t

He came on an marked Lampsy out the game and had a couple of great runs. For such a young lad, he's very calm and collected when under pressure on the ball making cute short passes.

The run he had when he nut megged Merieles and tapped it past Cole was brilliant.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #781: Nov 21, 2011 06:05:27 pm

Probably just happy he was close to a Liverpool shirt again.

Aww how he wishes he had a time machine ;D

Quick Reply