Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (8.3%)
      Glen Johnson
      (15.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (14.5%)
      Daniel Agger
      (2.1%)
      Jose Enrique
      (3.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (15.8%)
      Charlie Adam
      (30.7%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      (3.3%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (4.1%)

Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Enjoyment

Read 47959 times
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Re: Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Enjoyment
      Reply #782: Nov 21, 2011 06:33:28 pm
      any one could win a tackle, and you're using the 'runs a lot' justification, and when exactly has he scored an 'important goal' this season - as somebody else said; we "hold on to good servants at our peril." He is simply not good enough and must go asap; the players we have signed should be playing ahead of Dirk, and the reasons you gave for him being good enough, to me, are not reason enough for the boss selecting him every week. Y'day was an amazing result away to Chelsea, but I just feel that Dirk is more of a hinderance than a help when on the pitch - sometimes think he would make more of an impact if he ran around in the car park for 90mins. Did he do enough to earn a place in the starting 11 next wknd, probably not: will Kenny select him against City, probably
      What a load of w*nk that is, dirk played as much a part in this display as any other player,tireless work ethic along with bellers,maxi and luis pushing a high line on the chelsea defence.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #783: Nov 21, 2011 06:38:31 pm
      What a load of w*nk that is, dirk played as much a part in this display as any other player,tireless work ethic along with bellers,maxi and luis pushing a high line on the chelsea defence.
      Rafa picked him Roy picked him and now Kenny picks him when he wants a solidity in midfield in big games. If I were a full back and saw that Dirk was on my flank I would think I was in for an easy day as I would be assured of cover from him everytime I went forward.He is the ultimate team player and his work may go unoticed by some but by most he is a STAR.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #784: Nov 21, 2011 06:41:33 pm
      Rafa picked him Roy picked him and now Kenny picks him when he wants a solidity in midfield in big games. If I were a full back and saw that Dirk was on my flank I would think I was in for an easy day as I would be assured of cover from him everytime I went forward.He is the ultimate team player and his work may go unoticed by some but by most he is a STAR.

Well said.

Dirk is a boss and always will be. Will be a sad day when he eventually leaves the club.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #785: Nov 21, 2011 06:48:07 pm
      Well said.

Dirk is a boss and always will be. Will be a sad day when he eventually leaves the club.
      Agreed.

You can look at most (any) successful team, and they'll all have a grafter. Someone who can't play keepy uppy, but will put his boot and head in when it matters. Even we had Sammy Lee.

I remember there was this little Jack Russell dog, he was always trying to bust our ball in the park. He was useless at trapping, and shooting (he could dribble a bit), but what a nuisance to play against. We dreaded it when he came over to play with us.

That's how I see Dirk Kuyt - he won't give the opposition a chance to breathe, and if folk can't see his worth now, they never will.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #786: Nov 21, 2011 06:52:22 pm
      He can be frustrating at times but we need a player like him in the squad. His touches can be so poor that it makes me look like a pro and sometimes dilly dallies with the ball and a chance to create a chance is gone but he still offers us energy, offensively and defensively.

I remember when we thumped United 4-1 at OT, when Torres created his own chance by making Vidic look like a baby, guess what? I noticed Dirk SPRINTED to support Torres even though he was behind a couple of other United players in case Torres fluffed the chance.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #787: Nov 21, 2011 07:04:10 pm
      Missed the game yesterday and only just seen motd 2, considering how well we were meant to hav played first half can't believe how one sided they made it look
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #788: Nov 21, 2011 07:22:21 pm
      Superb victory yesterday, a great team effort all round, all over the pitch we were excellent, Glen was the usual Glen great going forward but defensively a few mistakes were made, Kenny had the tactics bang on and playing Bellers up top with Suarez was masterful,

Adam had his best game for us thus far and hopefully he can keep it up, Lucas was f***in boss once again and for me was motm just ahead of Adam,breaking up play, setting up passes, and being cool as F**k under pressure, Skittles and Agger were superb at the back with Enrique giving yet another top performance,

Kuyt did well without being outstanding and played his part defending from the front alongside, Maxi, Bellers and Suarez, El pistolero wasn't his best but not surprising the amount of airmiles he has done recently, plus he has a back injury to boot,

we bossed the first half and probably the last 10 of the second, fantastic teamwork for the opener with Bellamy's one two with Suarez a delight and then sliding the ball to maxi, loving it, second half we were hangin on a bit, brill save from Pepe, thought the subs worked a treat as Henderson started to dominate midfield from fat Frank and Mata, and Downing to keep the fluidity going, the big fella not on long enough to make a impression,

a superb win and performance, and what a boost going into the Shitty game, i can see us doing them some damage and i'm sticking to my 1-0 prediction, bring it f***in on, so proud to be a RED right now,   YNWA.

IKWT     YNWA
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #789: Nov 21, 2011 07:34:53 pm
      I know it's already been said in the thread, but I thought ratboy did a great job announcing the game yesterday. Great insight, and wasn't biased against us, which I thought he sure as sh*t would have been.

:couch:
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #790: Nov 21, 2011 07:41:52 pm
      Still buzzing after the game, proves again we are a much better side when we start with a intense game and close the opposistion.

Great starting selection and subs from Kenny, Adam MOM for me although it could have been one from five or six. Fantastic play from Bellers for the first goal, great winner from Glen and thought Henderson deserves credit for his sub display.

They had a good 20/25mins in the 2nd half but you expect any of the top teams especially at home to come back into it at some point.

Bring on Citeh!!!!!!
      Chasman555
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      • Liverpool Forever YNWA
      Reply #791: Nov 21, 2011 07:42:27 pm
      Torres and Meireles fined by Chelsea FC after the pair were caught attempting to board bus back to Liverpool. ;D:lmao:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,342 posts | 2818 
      Reply #792: Nov 21, 2011 07:53:22 pm
      I know it's already been said in the thread, but I thought ratboy did a great job announcing the game yesterday. Great insight, and wasn't biased against us, which I thought he sure as sh*t would have been.

:couch:

Agreed, got to say that comment about Luiz playing like someone being controlled by a 10 year old on a PS3 was boss.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #793: Nov 21, 2011 09:11:24 pm
      Really good win that. Just what we wanted after the Swansea performance.

I thought we'd have a good chance because they are properly suspect at the back lately and as soon as I caught a glimpse of the team selection with Bellamy and Maxi supporting Suarez, you just know we'd be moving the ball around intelligently and with pace.

What an immense save from Pepe in the second half as well. We're so lucky to have him between the sticks for us. Pure world class.

Although Johnson didn't play too well for portions of the game, you have to give him huge credit for the way he went forward with the intent to win.

There'll be ups and downs this season as we're not as close to the finished article as we'd like to be. But we're definitely progressing and evolving into a side capable of challenging for things.

All hail the King!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #794: Nov 21, 2011 09:20:28 pm
      Can't we play Kelly at right back and Johnson out wide right?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #795: Nov 21, 2011 09:24:24 pm
      Can't we play Kelly at right back and Johnson out wide right?

He was better going forward than he was defending, no doubt about that for me like.
      cannuckred
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      • Long way from home, but still bleed Liverpool red
      Reply #796: Nov 21, 2011 11:20:17 pm
      Liked the starting line up, and Bellamy for me gives the team that bit of zip with his energy and attitude. Kuyt didnt do it for me this game, but then i am not a huge fan, love his energy but lacks the touch and vision. Defence was superb, Glen Johnson is, as posted earlier, the best attack minded defender in the PL, but his forward running outweighs his defensive. Still a solid performance and superb finish coming back to full fitness, hoping it keeps getting better.
      With the second half swing of play, i was a tad worried, but give them their due, stuck to it and gave that bit of passion to get a fantastic result.
      And to the travelling fans, credit to you all........made the hairs on my neck stand up with your vocals, that place is another sterile ground with little or no atmosphere.
      Going on my holidays with a huge grin!  : = >
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #797: Nov 22, 2011 02:10:54 am
      Get the F**k in. Another win at the Bridge. Love beating those bas**rds.

Topped off a fantastic weekend for me. Thankyou boys.

Sucked in Nando and Raul. Red will always be better than Blue!  :action-smiley-055:
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #798: Nov 22, 2011 04:14:22 am
      I ended watching the game on TV here in the States. It was actually a tape delay showing but they showed it at 4:30 here on Fox. Which is amazing on a Sunday during NFL season. Regardless.....WOW, what a showing.

I thought they played a bit slow for the first 20 minutes and it seemed Chelsea were solid and missed a ton of scoring chances..Then Liverpool really pushed, played their game and looked great.  I almost forgot about Maxi and that was a solid goal.  Good, clean passing, they harassed the sh*t out of the Chelsea front and collapsed back on D when Chelsea pushed and I dont really have any complaints.
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #799: Nov 22, 2011 06:41:59 am
      Seems Torres and Meireles 1-2 be back at Liverpool. ;D

Lets take this form to City! Im freaking pumped for it!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #800: Nov 22, 2011 08:23:25 am
      For our first goal, I like how it was like 4 Liverpool players vs 3 Chelsea players from their own goal kick.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #801: Nov 22, 2011 09:24:28 am
      What a result, still buzzing after it!! Was away on a lads weekend in Manchester, watched the match in Norwegian Blue, nice group of LFC supporters in there we all went mental when glen scored the winner, topped off a brilliant weekend, get in!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #802: Nov 22, 2011 09:40:02 am
      Get the f**k in. Another win at the Bridge. Love beating those bas**rds.

Topped off a fantastic weekend for me. Thankyou boys.

Sucked in Nando and Raul. Red will always be better than Blue!  :action-smiley-055:
      Know what you meen aussie,there is somthing special about dicking the chavs at the bridge :):)love it ,went F***ing nuts when glen popped that in and now my throats a bit fu**ed through cheering/singing,bring on the mancs and same again please kenny.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #803: Nov 22, 2011 09:40:38 am
      Was there even an exchange of jerseys after the game?

Why would there be an exchange of jersey's?

You come out with some crazy lines at times.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #804: Nov 22, 2011 10:15:59 am
                      ^                          ^
      You couldn't give a Chelsea shirt away let alone exchange it.

Quick Reply