Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (8.3%)
      Glen Johnson
      (15.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (14.5%)
      Daniel Agger
      (2.1%)
      Jose Enrique
      (3.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (15.8%)
      Charlie Adam
      (30.7%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      (3.3%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (4.1%)

Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Enjoyment

Read 48018 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Enjoyment
      Reply #575: Nov 20, 2011 06:11:21 pm
      you got to think he's been playing alot of football recently...and this race row hanging over wont help him...sooner its over the better

Thing is no player can carry a team match after match. No matter how great a player is all of them will have stinkers once in awhile. The important thing is even with Luis having a sub-par match we won as a team and others picked up the slack. We have so much a better bench then last year and far more options available, I think it says alot going on the road against tough opposition and getting the 3 points when the star player has a clunker.
      raj2010
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts |
      Reply #576: Nov 20, 2011 06:11:30 pm
      Was Hendo for me. He brought that energy back and you could see players following him when he pressed the opposition midfield. Great jinking run, too.

i totally agree...megged cole once as well
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #577: Nov 20, 2011 06:11:50 pm
      True that, but to be fair, our performance in the second half has been really bad, it's a bit worrying...

Ye but the season wont be defined by Winning playing Badly its the loosing playing well that worries me.... i.e. struggling to beat lower teams!
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #578: Nov 20, 2011 06:13:26 pm
      Johnson aint having a good game!
      Seriously the sooner Glen is off and Kelly takes his place the better.

Bet you love the guy now!

Brilliant just brilliant, and love the way he saved that magic moment for when judas and friend came on, 1st half Awesome 2nd did enough, great result and good performance, and Pepe again the un-sung hero, my MOTM even though he had little to do really, but still great as usuall when needed!

Chuffed to bits now!!!!  :D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #579: Nov 20, 2011 06:14:49 pm
      We only won because we dived and racially abused Chelsea.   >:D
      We certainly did abuse them today.When do the Negs start posting could have done this could have done that brigade.
      Kenny has an outstanding record against Chelsea I think its something like won 9 drawn 3 lost 0.
      Such a massively important result for the boys they will be feeling unbeatable if they carry on like this.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #580: Nov 20, 2011 06:15:25 pm

Didnt say I didnt like the chap for defending poorly.... Which he was and you must be blind if you think otherwise... But yes I do love the guy! ;-)
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #581: Nov 20, 2011 06:15:59 pm
      Liverpool midfielder Charlie Adam: "The win was down to hard work. I thought we were terrific, and it was a good way to bounce back after the result against Swansea which was hard to take. We are happy with the result but we want to dedicate this to Brad Jones, whose son died of Luekemia after having had such a difficult week."

Well done Charlie Lad.Just seen that stat when Maxi scores we dont loose happy days Chuffed to bits great result today. :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpoolwz0: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #582: Nov 20, 2011 06:17:03 pm
      Liverpool midfielder Charlie Adam: "The win was down to hard work. I thought we were terrific, and it was a good way to bounce back after the result against Swansea which was hard to take. We are happy with the result but we want to dedicate this to Brad Jones, whose son died of Luekemia after having had such a difficult week."

Well done Charlie Lad.Just seen that stat when Maxi scores we dont loose happy days Chuffed to bits great result today. :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpoolwz0: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Well said Charlie
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #583: Nov 20, 2011 06:17:14 pm
      Excellent result, fantastic football for the first goal, great second goal by Johnson, Skrtel MOTM for me was a like a rock in the second half, but was a little bit worried about how we played in the second half.

Maybe down to tiredness, but everything we were doing well in the first half, we stopped doing in the second half and sat back and invited Chelsea onto us.

Glad we took the three points though, Bring on City!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #584: Nov 20, 2011 06:17:27 pm
      Jaysus crouch only saw that comment from u about Johnson there
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #585: Nov 20, 2011 06:17:42 pm
      Very happy with that result. Thought we played well first half and as expected our midfield got overrun in the second half. I am happy that Adam had a good game, and very pleased with Lucas, Maxi and Bellamy. Thought Suarez was too often isolated and couldnt get support players involved. Great winner by Johnson which underlined his value.
      Im the end i have 2 Men of the Match Skrtel and Pepe...who's save probably kept us in the match when we were struggling.

I expect alot more intensity next week playing at home, but lets enjoy this win!! Great day for the Reds :)
      YNWA

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #586: Nov 20, 2011 06:17:52 pm
      Deserved win, we looked far more dangerous in the first half, pressed very well and got a well worked goal. second half we stepped off the gas a bit, but Chelsea dominated for 25 minutes, then it looked like the game was going to end a draw, but what a goal from Barnes.....err Johnson ;D what a pass from Adam to pick him up.

Lets take the momentum and beat Man City next week
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #587: Nov 20, 2011 06:18:06 pm
      Hats off to Adam ,Rodriguez wouldn"t have scored without his tackle ,all in all we deserved the win.Glen for motm fantastic goal especially after coming back from injury,fair play to him.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #588: Nov 20, 2011 06:18:41 pm
      Didnt say I didnt like the chap for defending poorly.... Which he was and you must be blind if you think otherwise... But yes I do love the guy! ;-)

Iam prepaired to let him off from his defencive frailties, If he bags the winner everytime :P

But I agree, needs more work defending, but like I said, today I'll let him off :D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: LIVE: Chelsea v Liverpool
      Reply #589: Nov 20, 2011 06:19:29 pm
      Overall I think the result was better than the performance, but away to teams like Chelsea, sometimes you have to win ugly, and that's something we've not been able to do for a long time. I'll take that any day thank you very much.

Not sure why we gave them too much time on the ball second half, that put us under pressure for large amounts of time.

Great save from Reina, if ever there was a moment where keepers win you matches, there it was.

Thought Adam did well in open play, we know he can do much better with set pieces, but the ball out to Johnson was great. Lucas, another top class performance, he's becoming almost undroppable.

Henderson did really well when he came on, Johnson, looked sharp, well taken goal. Kuyt, quiet but worked hard off the ball.

I've seen Enrique play better, thought he struggled now and then. And for all Suarez's work rate, he was a bit wasteful today. Some of his decision making was a bit off.

Agger solid, Skrtel solid.

Bellers was a threat, and linked well with Suarez, and Maxi did well seeing as he's been out of the first team for a while.

All in all, very happy, great result, we can build from here.

EDIT: MotM, Adam
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #590: Nov 20, 2011 06:19:36 pm
      The Johnson goal was a F***ing pearler.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #591: Nov 20, 2011 06:21:02 pm
      Hands up if you changed your prediction from 1-2 to 0-1.
      Doh! Well done redmen!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #592: Nov 20, 2011 06:21:57 pm
      What about Maxi no mention of him moaning about not playing comes in and scores absolutely top class and what a squad needs players contributing when the chance comes. If the crowd get themselves vocal against City no reason why we cant give them a real lesson in greatness.What a buzz when a result like this comes.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #593: Nov 20, 2011 06:22:25 pm

Iam prepaired to let him off from his defencive frailties, If he bags the winner everytime :P

But I agree, needs more work defending, but like I said, today I'll let him off :D

True and painfully agree with ratboy ti just give him MOTM for that goal alone!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #594: Nov 20, 2011 06:22:44 pm
      All we need now is for Maxi to score in the remaining games and we've won the League !
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #595: Nov 20, 2011 06:24:13 pm
      Hate saying it but i actually think Neville is a decent pundit
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #596: Nov 20, 2011 06:24:45 pm
      Hate saying it but i actually think Neville is a decent pundit

Ah it hurts to hear!
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #597: Nov 20, 2011 06:25:51 pm
      What a win, Lucas my MOTM, Reina's save was the turning point.

Quick Reply