Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Robin Van Persie (Arsenal & Manchester United)

Read 23669 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Robin Van Persie (Arsenal)
      Reply #23: Nov 24, 2011 11:33:31 pm
      I've always liked RvP. Shame he struggled for injuries at times but he's one hell of a finisher.

He's probably got like 40 goals in his last 38 games or something.

I'd love him here. A finisher and he can surely strike a mean shot.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #24: Nov 26, 2011 08:21:58 pm
      Reckon bar Suarez, RvP is the best striker in the premier league, he's just a natural goalscorer and one of the best finishers in the world.

Thing is he has always been quality for Arsenal, but he has never put in a good 9 months without getting injured and now that he hasnt been injured in a while, he's banging 'em in.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Nov 26, 2011 11:59:39 pm
      You can't say he's got the touch of a rapist.   :f_tongueincheek:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #26: Nov 27, 2011 07:15:50 am
      There is talk about City wanting him,can't say it it is just talk or fact.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #27: Nov 27, 2011 07:21:55 am
      There is talk about City wanting him,can't say it it is just talk or fact.

Don't know, Billy, but I do feel if he left Arsenal they will struggle massively to replace him.

Would be a massive test for Wenger to find an able replacement, especially if he insisted on trying to find a 16 year old wonderkid from an unknown side to do it, in traditional Wenger-style. :roll:

Arsenal do seem to be on a slippery slope, which can only be a good thing for us, as there are already plenty of sides competing strongly for the top spots in the league now.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #28: Nov 27, 2011 07:45:43 am
      Don't know, Billy, but I do feel if he left Arsenal they will struggle massively to replace him.

Would be a massive test for Wenger to find an able replacement, especially if he insisted on trying to find a 16 year old wonderkid from an unknown side to do it, in traditional Wenger-style. :roll:

Arsenal do seem to be on a slippery slope, which can only be a good thing for us, as there are already plenty of sides competing strongly for the top spots in the league now.
      He is certainly their star man this season but is his contract up at the end of this season or is it the end of next season.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #29: Nov 27, 2011 08:21:39 am
      Reckon bar Suarez, RvP is the best striker in the premier league, he's just a natural goalscorer and one of the best finishers in the world.

He's a better goalscorer than Suarez but I reckon in terms of their worth to their teams they're on a level.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #30: Nov 29, 2011 04:26:49 pm
      I reckon with all the games in December and cold weather, RVP will get injured .

Then let's see how Arsenal get on !
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #31: Dec 22, 2011 12:17:04 pm
      Thought I'd bump this - what a brilliant player Robin Van Persie is.

He's scored his 20th goal of the season.

16 premier league goals in 17 matches.

There are very few players in football that we should admire, but Van Persie is most certainly one of them. A brilliant talent, he has a great attitude to the game and he's a player who remains committed to the cause at Arsenal.

What a breath taking player, and probably the best striker in the premier league at the moment.

We all talk about Messi, Ronaldo reaching the 20 goal milestone but Van Persie has got there too.

What more can I say, a brilliant player and one of the few players I could watch all day. Just the sort of player we're needing, a goal machine. Although this post is just in admiration and appreciation of his talent and ability.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #32: Dec 22, 2011 11:02:42 pm
      It's funny, but I still personally don't rate him as highly as say Bergkamp.  Yes he scores but I'm thinking does he take penalties and set pieces?  Does he score in the big, big games?  I don't know.  Yes, he's good, but I don't think of him in the same class as Messi or Iniesta for example.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #33: Dec 23, 2011 02:32:23 am
      does he take penalties and set pieces?
      Yes he does, for example against Villa he scored a Pen and set up Benayoun from a corner.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #34: Dec 23, 2011 02:59:54 am
      Thought I'd bump this - what a brilliant player Robin Van Persie is.

He's scored his 20th goal of the season.

16 premier league goals in 17 matches.

There are very few players in football that we should admire, but Van Persie is most certainly one of them. A brilliant talent, he has a great attitude to the game and he's a player who remains committed to the cause at Arsenal.

What a breath taking player, and probably the best striker in the premier league at the moment.

We all talk about Messi, Ronaldo reaching the 20 goal milestone but Van Persie has got there too.

What more can I say, a brilliant player and one of the few players I could watch all day. Just the sort of player we're needing, a goal machine. Although this post is just in admiration and appreciation of his talent and ability.

I think we had this discussion earlier in the season I think after our game, happy to hold my hands up and say he really is the real deal now.

And that goal he scored the other week was absolutely brilliant.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #35: Dec 24, 2011 02:38:46 am
      Some of his volley goals were difficult to execute. The one he scored a few weeks back and the one he scored against Charlton. I would not have even kicked the ball properly!!

And it is also worth knowing he has scored some brilliant goals from outside the box with his weaker foot like he did against us and Chelsea back in 2008/2009.

All in all, a very good player. I think right now, he's probably aiming to break Shearer's record of league goals in a single calender year. Can't remember what the number was but I think Shearer had 40 in a single year and RvP is probably on 39 or 38.
      Bier
      Reply #36: Dec 24, 2011 05:37:08 am
      Van Persie is at 34 goals. Shearer's record is 36. 2 games to go for Van Persie, against the nr 16 and 17 in the league. He might just pull it off.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #37: Dec 24, 2011 11:01:47 am
      Form player of the world.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #38: Dec 25, 2011 01:11:47 pm

There is a little man in Barcelona who thinks you're talking out of your arse with that one!
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #39: Dec 25, 2011 01:16:10 pm
      As much as i hate him, Berbatov is one of the most skillfull players in the premier league. he creates alot of his goals for himself too.
      In PES or FIFA 12?
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #40: Dec 25, 2011 01:18:55 pm
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #41: Dec 25, 2011 01:19:38 pm
      There is a little man in Barcelona who thinks you're talking out of your arse with that one!

And also a pretty big Portuguese dude
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #42: Dec 25, 2011 01:22:21 pm
      Why don't you say the same about Nistelrooy? He couldn't dribble sh*t even if you put a dead cow in front of him, but hell he scored a lot of goals. You just can't put the likes of Messi, Van Persie, Suarez who are phenomenal with sh*thorse lazy p**ck Berbaflop who couldn't change a lightbulb.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Van Persie (Arsenal)
      Reply #43: Mar 04, 2012 07:05:40 am
      I know there is a Arsenal thread but this man deserves his own. What a player hate too say it. IMO best Striker in the Prem. Is there a player like him. I'm thinking Ibra but I don't keep a close eye on the Italian league much.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Re: Van Persie (Arsenal)
      Reply #44: Mar 04, 2012 10:57:46 am
      I don't like Ibra. RvP all day long.

That left foot of his is just amazing but let's not forget he has scored some amazing goals as well with his right.

Yesterday's game puts him at a different level than most. He has two chances from his few touches in the game and he took both of them.

He's got 30+ goals this season and he was on a crazy scoring spree at the end of 2010/2011 for the whole 2011 calender year and he's still on that run.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Re: Van Persie (Arsenal)
      Reply #45: Mar 04, 2012 12:15:20 pm
      He's having one good season, he does not play for Liverpool.

Who F***ing cares?

Quick Reply