Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      (4.7%)
      Daniel Agger
      (2.6%)
      Jose Enrique
      (4.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (1.1%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0.5%)
      Charlie Adam
      (8.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (73.2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (3.2%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0.5%)
      Stewart Downing
      (0.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (0.5%)

Liverpool 1-1 Man City: In game and Post Match Chat

Read 38660 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Man City: In game and Post Match Chat
      Reply #667: Nov 28, 2011 12:10:32 am
      Although I think we were by far the better team, and we certainly deserved to win it, I'm almost satisfied with a draw, mainly because what is important, (apart from the 3 points) is, it shows just how far we have come. A hugely talented side made to look second best today, all over the park. The draws against sunderland, utd and whoever the third one was, ( BRAIN DEAD AT THE MO) were really dissapointing, I'm pissed off we didn't win, but the draw isn't too painfull under the circumstances. Now  the rent boys better look out again tuesday.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #668: Nov 28, 2011 12:12:41 am
      I like the headlines of a website "City hold on at Anfield" cause it shows we dominated them.

We should have won it but we didn't because as usual, a visiting keeper was at the top of his game but it's a good sign for the future. We managed to keep Aguero, Silva and Nasri quiet.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #669: Nov 28, 2011 12:14:39 am
      Wing play is quickly becoming a problem for us

Downing seems to be a player low on confidence he rarely challenged Richards today and hasn't been doing it for a few games. I really believe that once he starts playing with Stevie they will build a great relationship

Downing isn't up to the job at the moment.

Not sure he ever will be - talented, but crap at the same time.

More football and less finger pointing please - the pitch is not the place for politics.
      haydzrox
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • Justice for the 96
      Reply #670: Nov 28, 2011 12:18:18 am
      jose enrique by far best buy of the summer, week in week out he is solid and gives us great attack options down the left
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #671: Nov 28, 2011 12:20:23 am
      Not too sure what all the negative knee jerkers here are talking about.

Kuyt and Downing weren't bad. Kuyt was great at putting City under pressure at all times and forcing mistakes. His first touch and his passing was good today.

Downing was great in the second half and put in a few dangerous balls and ran at their defence quite a few times. Improved greatly on the first half display.

Lucas and Adam really stepped it up tonight. Lucas MOTM closely followed by Charlie and Agger.

By the way the atmosphere was cracking tonight. At some points in the second half my ears were ringing. :D

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #672: Nov 28, 2011 12:41:25 am
      Not too sure what all the negative knee jerkers here are talking about.

I don't think there is much negative knee jerking going on.  I'd say most people think we played very well after a slow start and probably should have run out winners.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion about Downing, but in my view he's been poor most of the season, and had a couple of great chances today to score.  If he wants to stay at Liverpool or in the first team, then he is going to have to sort himself out and take his game up a level, because all the best sides have attacking wide players capable of scoring - or even providing an assist.

By the way the atmosphere was cracking tonight. At some points in the second half my ears were ringing.

Glad to hear it.  Looking forward to the QPR game in two weeks when yet again we will be playing for 3 points.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #673: Nov 28, 2011 01:32:21 am
      Downing isn't up to the job at the moment.

Not sure he ever will be - talented, but crap at the same time.

More football and less finger pointing please - the pitch is not the place for politics.

Just hope the saying "form is temporary class in permanent" is proved correct again

On another note the crowd sounded incredible today both sets of fans were just really enjoying a brilliant game of football.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #674: Nov 28, 2011 02:02:09 am
       We did well and with a smidgin of luck could of had the 3 points,the thing that satisfied me was we never gave up trying and at times we had the City defence in panic mode.Regarding Downing he is a good player but he should be putting the ball in the net now and again,there is nothing wrong with his approach play and he links up with Enrique well.If he could score a few goals then  that would make a hell of a difference for us.I made Lucas my man of the match,I thought he had an excellent game.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #675: Nov 28, 2011 04:59:08 am
      We definately held our own against them and the boys are really gelling. But we always meet goalkeepers who play blinders, hart was absolutely amazing and saved at least 3 goals. But our conversion rate is so poor there lies the problem, so many missed opportunities.Even the goal we got was a fluke, seems as we do it the hard way. But the never give up style means we played for 90 minutes but it will eventually pay off.   
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #676: Nov 28, 2011 06:26:11 am
      The very fact a goalkeeper gets MOTM tells you all you want to know about his team's defensive prowess and attacking statistics, Pepe certainly wouldn't get the gong with a solid defence in front of him to keep Citeh at bay. 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #677: Nov 28, 2011 07:26:07 am
      The very fact a goalkeeper gets MOTM tells you all you want to know about his team's defensive prowess and attacking statistics, Pepe certainly wouldn't get the gong with a solid defence in front of him to keep Citeh at bay. 
      Stuey these goalkeepers coming to Anfield and playing blinders reminds me so much of Gordon Banks,he used to save his best for Anfield and the KOP. Joe Hart definitely saved his best for this match and saved City from losing.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #678: Nov 28, 2011 08:19:23 am

Indeed Stuey. For all that we look to our own players performances and (in some cases) go over them with a fine-toothed comb; isn't it nice that Aguero, Silva and the rest of the City Galacticos were left in the shadow of Hart.

In my opinion we deserved to win that game and I'm happy to savour an all round solid display by our team. I also took heart from the fact that we grew stronger as the game progressed; where previously (at home) we've had problems in the second half.

There's obviously better to come from individuals (we can all see that) and therefore the team so... good times.  :nod:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #679: Nov 28, 2011 08:36:11 am
      One thing is, we've been unbeaten for like what .. 10 games now? I think Kenny has made us difficult to beat. Shouldn't have lost against Stoke and Tottenham was a different case, we were only battered when we went 2 men down.

We deserved to win but even though we didn't, we played very well. Some parts were really nice to see, for example, the part where Silva was turning round Reina and three players quickly ran to the goal line. That's commitment. Maybe we could have scored more than one but the commitment and passion by the players is unquestionable.

For a team of galacticos to be overshadowed by their goalkeeper, Joe Hart, tells alot and IMO, he was the difference today. Kept the score at 1-1 and EARNED a point for his team.

I'm not really happy with the fact that that's our fourth draw in a row at Anfield but it was a performance I am very proud of.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #680: Nov 28, 2011 08:36:35 am
      A year ago we were close to the bottom and facing a relegation battle - one year on and for most of the game we outplay the team that no one in the premiership can stop. If it wasnt for Joe Hart we would have had that sown up about 4-1. I was very impressed with the teams attitude for each other. A real sense of togetherness is shining through at the moment.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #681: Nov 28, 2011 09:03:02 am
      Gutted, absolutely gutted. Once again an oppo keeper comes to Anfield and plays the game of his life. Only difference this time is I've heard of him before!

I have to say it was a fantastic effort from most of the lads tonight. They played their guts out and I'm sure they are as gutted as we are that we didn't get the 3 points that we thoroughly deserved.

I have to admit I was screaming at KK to get Andy on earlier even at the start of the 2nd half. Kompany got a very early yellow and I thought either Kuyt or Hendo who I thought were pretty anonymous for large parts of the game could have made way for him. With Kompany on a yellow already, Andy could have pressured him into getting that 2nd yellow, could have also freed up Luis a bit more to take advantage of any hesitation that Vincent may have shown.

I'm still not convinced on Downing either to be honest. I want him to do well but he just pisses me off so many times during matches. I wanted Maxi to be on that park last night, I betcha he wouldn't have blasted that shot into the Kop at the end. May have been saved by Hart  :mad: but at least it would have been on target.  :mad:

I see it as another 2 home points dropped but it was against those Money bags so a lot to be taken confidence wise from the game. I'm not scared of them. I'm not scared of any team. One day all our shots are going to go in and we are going to hammer a side. Can't wait till it happens.

Come on you Reds.

solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #682: Nov 28, 2011 09:26:36 am
      Was I the only one that heard what the commentators said yesterday?

"Atkinson has issued six red card this season, three of those cards were to opponents of Liverpool FC"

Really?!!!!
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #683: Nov 28, 2011 10:06:29 am
      Played brilliantly yesterday, but yet another game we come away from, with not the points we deserve from the game. Must be getting frustrating for kenny and the boys.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #684: Nov 28, 2011 10:35:29 am
      It's incredibly frustrating in one way. Satisfied with another top performance against a top side but once again, an opposition goalkeeper puts in a 10/10 performance to stop us.

I know its ifs and buts, but really we should have at least an extra 6 points on the board.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #685: Nov 28, 2011 10:41:42 am
      All these dropped points will add up by the end of the season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #686: Nov 28, 2011 10:50:51 am
      Was I the only one that heard what the commentators said yesterday?

"Atkinson has issued six red card this season, three of those cards were to opponents of Liverpool FC"

Really?!!!!

I heard its now 5 red cards and 3 of which are against our opponents.

Always liked him... :D ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #687: Nov 28, 2011 11:17:56 am
      BBC news

'PLAYERS GOT BALOTELLI SENT OFF'

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini says Liverpool's players were to blame for the dismissal of Mario Balotti in the teams' 1 - 1 draw at Anfield.

The 21 year old Italian was sent off for two bookable offences just 18 minutesafter coming on as substitute.

"I do not agree with the second yellow, the referee didn't want to get the yellow card out, I think the referee gave a free kick but didn't want to give a yellow untill all the Liverpool players complained."

He can think what the F**k he likes, the player is well known for his unpredictable behaviour and yesterday was a perfect example - plus it was all on camera which consistently does not lie.
      « Last Edit: Nov 28, 2011 11:28:30 am by stuey »
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #688: Nov 28, 2011 11:24:22 am
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #689: Nov 28, 2011 11:40:27 am
      Ahead of the last two fixtures, most of us would have been more than happy with 4 out of 6. But we deserved to win yesterday and could have made it 6 out of 6. Think we played really well yesterday. I gave my MoTM to Agger.

We did make some defensive errors there, but thank god there was Pepe to clean up the mess

Quick Reply