Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      (4.7%)
      Daniel Agger
      (2.6%)
      Jose Enrique
      (4.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (1.1%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0.5%)
      Charlie Adam
      (8.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (73.2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (3.2%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0.5%)
      Stewart Downing
      (0.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (0.5%)

Liverpool 1-1 Man City: In game and Post Match Chat

Read 38646 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Man City: In game and Post Match Chat
      Reply #690: Nov 28, 2011 11:42:05 am
      I also took heart from the fact that we grew stronger as the game progressed; where previously (at home) we've had problems in the second half.

Excellent point.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #691: Nov 28, 2011 11:42:51 am
      Points dropped but what a game and they think that they are gonna win the league,like a house of cards they will crumble.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #692: Nov 28, 2011 11:54:03 am
      Points dropped but what a game and they think that they are gonna win the league,like a house of cards they will crumble.

I disagree. I think that yesterday's performance by City shows why they will win the league. They hung on and gained a point playing away at the best club in the country! ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,605 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #693: Nov 28, 2011 12:00:03 pm
      Upon reflection of the game - F**k YOU HART!
      Ahem.
      Well played Redmen
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #694: Nov 28, 2011 12:06:23 pm
      Our chance conversion is poor, but how many keepers have had blinders against us this season?

MOTM was Lucas for me. He was everywhere, absolutely superb and demonstrated why he's one of the most underrated players in the league.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #695: Nov 28, 2011 12:14:55 pm
      MOTM was Lucas for me. He was everywhere, absolutely superb and demonstrated why he's one of the most underrated players in the league.

he is so underrated. my mate, an ardent liverpool fan, still thinks he's sh*t. i was a huge critic and didn't think he deserved to wear the jersey a couple of years ago but how he has improved. we have the joint best defence in the league with city and newcastle, and part of that is down to the huge amount of work he does protecting the back four. I've also noticed he is staying on his feet a lot more rather then jumping in for last minute tackles 9which used to cost us), but it shows his improvement in positioning and reading of the game.

along with pepe, suarez and enrique, he's been our most consistent performer this season.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #696: Nov 28, 2011 12:27:08 pm
      What a F***ing performance from the Redmen!. We took the billionaire bad boys to school and taught them a lesson. How we drew that game i'll never know, we should have won this easily. The teamwork was nothing short of outstanding and we bossed them all over the park, we stifled City but we also attacked with intent, it was plain to see we wanted to win this game, not contain them.

Lucas ran the show and was the best performance i have ever seen from him in a red shirt, he didn't give Silva a millimetre, never mind an inch!. His distribution was excellent and his passes with hit with purpose and venom. Adam put a great shift in too, his defensive work was immense and the way he harried City players off the ball was a joy to watch. Glen Johnson had a stormer and was unlucky not to score as well as making some breathtaking runs down the right.

Enrique?, well what can i say?, he was F***ing colossal!. Of all the players we recently signed it is him that i am enjoying watching the most, what a F***ing signing!. I can't get over how F***ing strong he is!.
      He runs around like a cat on fire and his link play is somethig to marvel at. Skrtel and Agger were immense and i see no way back for Carra if they keep this partnership at this level. Reina made some good saves but it was his centre back display that had me on the brink of cardiac arrest at times!. He's so quick to spot danger though and he produced the goods apart from the goal where i think he was beaten a little too easily.

Henderson had a great game too from a defensive perspective, he put a lot of hard work into his defensive duties, not much offensively as it turned out we attacked the left more often than not. Downing had a very quiet game and i'm getting slightly worried about how he's taking to the Anfield experience, it's like he's scared to try things incase he fucks up. Twice during the second half he put the afterburners on and fizzed past Richards with ease, when he wants to go he is fast as F**k, just wish he'd get a bit more confident.

I think a lot of it is to do with the scintillating form of Enrique, he feels overshadowed by the great strides that Enrique has taken in such a short space of time. Downing really has to get out of this psychological problem ( if that's what it is ) and get his head back on it. When he puts his mind to it theere's no doubt he's a dangerous proposition.

Suarez was all over the place though i thought that he was left isolated quite a bit at times during the game, partly down to Kuyt doing what he does best, tracking back and making tackles. How Kompany wasn't sent off is only a question that Atkinson can answer. From a defensive point of view Kuyt had an immense game but was again lacking in the offensive aspect, his in play decision making is inept at times and he always seems to stem the flow of an attack as opposed to maintaining it. He is not the right partnet for Suarez, they are on two completely different levels in terms of ability and game intelligence.

I never expected Bellamy to start after the tragic incident that occurred yesteray -

Gary Speed - Gorwedd Mewn Hedd Cymro. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Kenny made the decision not to play him though i know that Bellamy would have wanted to play for the memory of Gary, a man that Craig idolised and had massive respect for. I fully repect Kenny's decision and can understand why he chose to rest him, an upset Craig Bellamy playing against a team of pompous money obsessed wankers that he despised at City and a Club that got rid of another mentor of his would have only have had one outcome. Craig is a fiery man at the best of times, he would have been a ticking timebomb just waiting to explode.

In the absence of Bellamy i fully expected Carroll to get the nod but it wasn't to be. After he ripped City apart last Season i thought the stage would have been set for him and he was so unlucky with that header. A great save by Hart, the c**t!.

I find it baffling and i don't know if anyone else notices this but we seem to fire more aerial crosses into the box when Carroll isn't playing as opposed to when he is?. Another annoying thing is the way that nobody takes a chance on a knockdown from Carroll when the ball is played into him, it annoys the F**k out of me!.

All in all it was a brilliant game to watch and a game we should definitely have won. I must reiterate though, this team is still in it's formative stages and that is a frightening thought. There is still so much to come from Henderson, Johnson, Downing, Carroll, Lucas and Adam. Once they hit their peak we are going to be a phenomenal force. Add Gerrard to that mix and this Club is most certainly going in the right direction.

I am so happy today, well done lads and keep up the good work.
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #697: Nov 28, 2011 12:47:51 pm
      The way are playing against the so called big clubs makes me think we need to be in the champions league asap.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #698: Nov 28, 2011 01:43:37 pm
      I'm taking real joy from us potentially having one of the best midfields in the prem.. When the fook did this happen..? Players ability, tactics? I don't know but we really seem to be bossing the centre of the park..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #699: Nov 28, 2011 01:45:42 pm
      So much to be pleased and positive and to also remember this is a new team in transition.A bit of a tentative start but once we realised they were not going to over run us we got better and better as the game went on. Great tactics by Kenny to stifle them first half.Its clear if we can improve our home results (not performances)we will be close to top 4 and we are very well placed having also played Arsenal ,Chelsea and Spurs away getting 6 points too.
      Some may be impatient but I see solid improvements all over the pitch and confidence building in the team,looking forward to Chelsea now.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #700: Nov 28, 2011 02:07:29 pm
      I am very happy with our performances in the last two games.  We did deserve 6 points IMO, but 4 points against Chelsea and City is still a good return.  The important thing now is that we keep putting in top performances in December.  There are 18 points on offer, and I think we need about 13 to get us to the halfway mark for CL qualification.  We need to be able to get a run of wins together in December in order to keep our top 4 hopes alive!! 
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #701: Nov 28, 2011 02:54:25 pm
      No complaints apart from the finishing, Stewart needs to get some practice in. Good all round performance.

Yeah, he had two volleys on his strong foot where he was left unmarked inside the box.  Hart made a great save on the one, but he needed to at least hit the target with the other....
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #702: Nov 28, 2011 04:16:14 pm
      BBC news

'PLAYERS GOT BALOTELLI SENT OFF'

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini says Liverpool's players were to blame for the dismissal of Mario Balotti in the teams' 1 - 1 draw at Anfield.

The 21 year old Italian was sent off for two bookable offences just 18 minutesafter coming on as substitute.

"I do not agree with the second yellow, the referee didn't want to get the yellow card out, I think the referee gave a free kick but didn't want to give a yellow untill all the Liverpool players complained."

He had already put his hand into his pocket and he's no f**king Howard Webb! You should count yourself lucky Mancini because:

1.Kompany didn't get the red because I thought deserved it.
      2.Your megastars squad were taught a lesson from a 'future' Liverpool squad.
      3.Your MOTM is your goalie and not your 30/40 million striker.(Showed how immense we played)
      4.Our shot on target ratio were far better than yours (imagine if our goal per shot on target was that good)
      5.Our Gerrard didn't played and so was Bellamy.
      6.We didn't scored at dying minutes like we did at Chelsea.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #703: Nov 28, 2011 04:39:31 pm
      Just like to say that although we came away with a draw I didn't feel as down as I did against Norwich and Swansea.

Weathered the storm early on and then created some great chances which on another day and against another goalkeeper would have easily tied up the three points.

Everyone played well and the defence looked solid most of the time (we didn't concede five goals like certain ageing defence I could mention).

Would have liked to have seen Maxi come on for Henderson after the sending off as he has a knack of scoring vital goals.

All in all I'm happy with the progress we are making and the strength in depth which has been lacking for a while now.

The only way is up if we carry on like this. ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #704: Nov 28, 2011 04:57:21 pm
      Just like to say that although we came away with a draw I didn't feel as down as I did against Norwich and Swansea.

Weathered the storm early on and then created some great chances which on another day and against another goalkeeper would have easily tied up the three points.

Everyone played well and the defence looked solid most of the time (we didn't concede five goals like certain ageing defence I could mention).

Would have liked to have seen Maxi come on for Henderson after the sending off as he has a knack of scoring vital goals.

All in all I'm happy with the progress we are making and the strength in depth which has been lacking for a while now.

The only way is up if we carry on like this. ;D
      Definitely leaves a more positive post match after taste than some recent drawn games.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #705: Nov 28, 2011 05:22:41 pm
      How does Suarez make the nutmeg look so easy.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,208 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #706: Nov 28, 2011 06:49:18 pm
      Take a bow Joe Hart. Some stunning saves to keep us at bay

We battered them at times yesterday. Some great football at times. Lucas Leiva was unreal yesterday. Becoming the complete footballer.

They have 2 years on us in there development yet we looked the better side, credit to Kenny. Were moving nicely. Actually disappointed not to have 3 points yesterday and 6 from our 2 home games against the manchester clubs. Thats a good view in my eyes.

Agger and Skrtel solid. Enrique looks a bargain. Lucas and Adam working well, Ironic Adam has taken over from Lucas as the boo boy on here. If we could get a lethal right winger we'd be pushing for honours I think
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #707: Nov 28, 2011 06:55:41 pm
      Great performance from the lads yesterday, could have easily got the win and again "their" keeper plays a blinder to left us feeling what if at the final whistle  :roll:

Lucas was outstanding and my MOM.

We can push on from this and steam ahead into December's PL fixtures with the belief we can compete and at outplay anyone.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #708: Nov 28, 2011 07:07:44 pm
      Besides the horrible Tottenham game where we went down to 9 men, we have yet to allow an opponent more than one goal in a game. And that's having faced all of the "top" teams (Newcastle excluded). Out F***ing standing.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #709: Nov 28, 2011 07:19:33 pm
      What was Agger screaming at Lucas about? Something about formation and shape of the team?

Love Dagger. Captain material, IMO!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #710: Nov 28, 2011 08:15:25 pm
      Just thinking.

Did Whiskey Nose phone us up and say

"Thanks Kenny for keeping City in sight"

Did he F ***   .

He would have phoned his old mate Woy and thanked him for doing the scum a favour.
      On the other hand...with Woy......City would have got three points.

(Cough 6 - 1.  ;D       

No one eats in   Szech  -  Uan   chinese restaurants near Old Trafford anymore.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #711: Nov 28, 2011 08:17:27 pm
      Having now watched the citeh game i am absolutely convinced that we are fast becoming the most improved side this season, Ye Toon are having a great start but as the season goes on they will slip lower and lower and most probably settle for 7th/8th, but F**k them i want to wax lyrical about our boys, we are definately getting better and better as the season matures, we have now played all those who could prevent us reaching a CL spot

in every game except Spuds we should have won, and be atop the table with citeh, no doubt in mind, its now 10 unbeaten and i can see the confidence starting to ooze from the Redmen,

there are obviously many tweaks yet to happen,but in the grand ol scheme of things, we are doing very well indeed, of course it could have been alot better had some of the woodwork not been in the way and a rub of the green now and then going our way, but remember,this is still a relatively improving side, a working progress if you like, and yet, only one of our so called rivals have been deserved victors against only 9 of us,

yesterdays performance to me was the best yet under the King, with everyone in Red wanting the points more than those in blue, they knew they were in for a game and that we were not going to lie down like Scum did and Spuds,

Pepe was superb in his double role as Keeper/sweeper, especially charging out at that KUN? Aguero, Johnson, blinder, Skrtle, Agger superb, Enrique awesome, Lucas best show for us ever, f***in superb from performance, and Adam was excellent once again with his passing and getting into Citeh faces,

Kuyt was not at his best but as per worked his gonads off,Downing was a tad disappointing yet again and needs to up his game sharpish, and El Pistolero, i just love the wee man, although isolated throughout he hassled their backline and never gave up and was a constant threat,

we were yet again unlucky not to bag the 3pts, but it will turn for us, December is the month we need to maximise our effort, with games against Fulham(a), QPR(h), Villa(a), Wigan(a), and Blackburn and Toon at home ending 2011, thats 18pts up for grabs and tbh,i can see us bagging them all, Jan 2nd Citeh away,

i'm f***in buzzin after the Chavs and yesterday, we are serious contenders still,and i can see us making inroads in the next month or two, i cant f***in wait, bring it on, we fear no one,

well done Redmen superb performance, now go to the Bridge Tuesday and F**k them over again,  its looking f***in good PPL, so proud to be a red.

IKWT     YNWA
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #712: Nov 28, 2011 09:59:16 pm
      Said to my Dad about 60 minutes into the game that Lucas or Agger had been MOTM so far. He replied with "Lucas? You kidding?" - Sky Sports put Lucas as their MOTM at the end of the game. Just shows how some people still see the old Lucas rather than this absoloute gem of a player that he's turned out to be.

Quick Reply