Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Allardyce Criticises Rafa

Read 4519 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Allardyce Criticises Rafa
      Sep 18, 2007 05:00:04 pm
      From The Mirror:

Sam Allardyce claims Rafa Benitez cannot win the Premier League - and that the Spaniard is lucky to be in his job at Liverpool.

In an amazing attack, the Newcastle manager predicted the title would not go to Anfield this season as their "foreigner" boss still does not have the right "mentality".

Liverpool were knocked off the top of the table at the weekend when Benitez rested Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres for the game at Portsmouth ahead of tonight's Champions League visit to Porto.

Allardyce admits the 2005 European champions have the best chance of the six British clubs of winning again this season.

But he believes Liverpool's league finishes since Benitez arrived - fifth, third and third - would have got him the sack without his exploits in Europe.

"Rafa would be very lucky to be in a job if he hadn't got to two Champions League Finals, because they've had some very, very poor finishes in the Premier League," Allardyce told Zoo magazine.

"While they're a very good Champions League team, they're not a Premier League-winning side yet. They don't have the mentality to win that yet.

"Being a foreigner, Rafa doesn't understand it's supposed to be Premier League first and Champions League second."

'Only Europe has saved his skin'

LINK

Well Sam, may I suggest that you actually go and win something with your team, or even get to a major final, before you start slagging other managers off. Very very poor finishes in the Premiership? Ok I'll accept 5th was poor, but whilst 3rd place isn't what we want it's hardly poor.

All said & done it's another manager who's scared of us, and that means we're moving in the right direction.
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Re: Allardyce Criticises Rafa
      Reply #1: Sep 18, 2007 05:18:13 pm
      Big Sam is the one under pressure. I was beginning to think Derby could go a long time without a win this season; but Sam's team have been kind enough to give-up some points for them.
      This sounds like a desperate man lashing out.
      EddieC
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #2: Sep 18, 2007 05:22:06 pm
      John Aldridge has leapt to Rafa's defence, nice one Aldo!

From The Echo:

ANFIELD legend John Aldridge jumped to the defence of Reds boss Rafael Benitez today, after Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce claimed he was “lucky to be still in a job.”

The outspoken Toon boss, who saw his side beaten 1-0 at Derby last night, claimed: “Rafa would be very lucky to be in a job if he hadn’t got to two Champions League finals, because they've had some very poor finishes in the Premier League.

“While they are a very good Champions League team, they’re not a Premier League winning side. They don’t have the mentality to win that yet.

“Being a foreigner, Rafa doesn’t understand it’s supposed to be Premier League first and Champions League second.”

His comments appeared in Zoo magazine, but Aldridge, who had a number of high profile run-ins with Allardyce during his time as Tranmere boss, the former Liverpool striker and he said today: “You ask Alex Ferguson how difficult it is to get to two Champions League finals. Should he be sacked?

“Rafa has done a marvellous job at Liverpool and had a massive task to overhaul a very poor squad when he first arrived.

“But there has been a lot of dead wood to clear out, which he has done, as well as winning the FA Cup and the Champions League along the way.

“Of course, Liverpool still have to win the Premier League, but Rafa will have at least another two or three years to try and achieve that.

“Sam should really focus on his own job. He knows the Press will highlight any comments and he shouldn’t put himself into that situation.

“But double standards is not something new for Sam. He claimed he was the first manager to introduce the lone striker system into this country, the formation which proved so successful for him at Bolton.

“In fact, I brought that system in at Tranmere and it took us to a League Cup final and two FA Cup quarter-finals, when we beat Bolton on the way.”

“Sam couldn’t come to terms with the system and he ended up adopting it himself, even to the extent of using Gareth Farrelly to take long throw-ins.”

LINK
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3: Sep 18, 2007 05:38:36 pm
      I saw the Mirror in work & I had compenplated posting Fat Sams comments on the Jokes Thread.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #4: Sep 18, 2007 05:50:26 pm
      Well after the result against Derby, I think two or three more like that and Fat Sam won't have to worry about winning anything cos he won't have a club. The barcodes don't put up with rubbish for long do they.
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #5: Sep 18, 2007 05:54:28 pm
      If you jiggle around with the name Sam Allardyce, you get........Clearly Mad AS................Nuff said ;D ;D ;D
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #6: Sep 18, 2007 05:57:57 pm
      ...and a lot of the Geordie fans were not happy with his appointment in the first place. They don't like the style of football he is reputed for. I actually find Big Sam's criticism astonishing and do wonder if it was a set-up by the reporter.
      He is in a hot seat and this kind of criticism can only make things more difficult for him; so for me it's either a man gobbing-off under pressure, or a hatchet job by the mag to get some press.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Sep 18, 2007 06:04:42 pm
      Enough said by Aldo - nice one mate !!  :D
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #8: Sep 18, 2007 06:05:18 pm
      LiverpoolFC crushed Derby 6-0, and then Newcastle loss to Derby 1-0, I think It's easy to understand mr Sam's feeling, he was angry at LiverpoolFC because he saw how much Rafa Benitez is more succesful than he is so he try to find a way to express his anger. We can see, there're only 3 managers who criticised LiverpoolFc and boss Rafa Benitez, and the only one who seem to be trustfull, is sir Alex Ferguson, and even he didn't dare criticises boss Rafa Bebitez's capability. Mean while Real Madrid's manager, Shuter and Sam Allardyce, those who complain about LiverpoolFC's football, don't have yet, something much to brag about in the begining this season.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #9: Sep 18, 2007 06:47:01 pm
      I wouldn't say getting us our highest ever points total an only finishing 1 point off second place, is poor. An FA Cup win, a league cup final and another 3rd place finish, hardly poor is it? An our 5th place finish was his first season in English football.
      Sounds to me like Mr.Potato head is a bit jealous of Rafa!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Sep 18, 2007 06:49:57 pm
      If you jiggle around with the name Sam Allardyce, you get........Clearly Mad AS................Nuff said ;D ;D ;D

Love that!

Not sure what his agenda is having a go at Rafa, but I couldn't care less what he says. It speaks volumes when those below us have a go, so it has to be seen in a positive light.
      And I'm not surprised by Aldo's reaction. He wont have a bad word said about LFC!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #11: Sep 18, 2007 07:10:22 pm
      Bloody hell this from a man who lost out on the England job to Steve McClueless! and just which high brow media outlet did fat sam give his opinion too? ZOO magazine!!! a magazine known for T*ts i believe, well they certainly have a big one in it this week. His point of view is worth absolutely nothing, whats next weeks story Titus Bramble says Jamie Carraghers defending is crap?
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #12: Sep 18, 2007 09:09:15 pm
      Why don't manangers get off Rafa, he isn't going to ask you to join his staff, even though you want his job, Allardyce wheres you silver ware?
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #13: Sep 20, 2007 06:47:46 am
      I would like to say that I found something very interessing: the word 'zoo', in french, mean a park, an area where we can walk and watch animals screaming...no comment more!
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #14: Sep 20, 2007 08:45:01 am
      Here we go again ( clicks fingers and begings to type)
      How can Fat boy Sam have any opion and critise others when he has won nothing in his own career. Umm now let me think oh yes its because noone is paying you attention isnt it Sam.
      Na ne na na na whaaaaa look at me everyone Im in my nappy with my fat gut hanging out, look everyone pay me some attention as Im an anicdotal manager at best who can only coach route one football. Thats why...

To try and gain some media attention after being beaten by a team we hammered 6-0 really does show the intellect of a baboon ( and thats an insult to a baboon) How can he even have the gaul to critize someone else when at best he can coach one type of football, long ball win second ball. I can imagine him wondering round shouting at his players while dragging his knuckles on the ground "grrr muhg play long ball win second ball grrr muhg". The only thing that he can do right now to drag attention away from his mediorce job at Newcastle is try and deflect his dire attempt at managment by critizing someone else. BUt oh wait fat sam you picked on the wrong guy he has won more things than you could ever dream about, you can sit in your pram shouting about "we dont have the right mental credentials" when you dont even have the right mental credentials yourself. Your whole comment to me seems to smell of sour grapes, and jealous reflections from which he tries and justifies his own inadeqaute management style.
      How can anyone have any right to say such things when they have never even been close to winning the premiership let alone any sort of trophy.

Personally I think he has stepped into boots way to big for his fat little feet and he had thoughts of grandure when he took over at the toon. If he wants to crtitize over mentallity just take a look at your own players against Derby, where was there mentallity against a side who have taken onboard their mistakes and battered you till you could take no more. Well to be honest you are in a precarious postion and if I were you I would remove the Madonna song mic get your thong on and get down on the touchline to start coaching your route one football, start winning some matches and stringing some results together, oh yeah and win at least one trophy, before you even contemplate critizing another contempory in a half witted publication.
      In conclusion one thing will be written on your tombstone fats and that is this

"Sam Allardyce Fat bastad big mouth Failure"

And that my fellow reds is the bottom line.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #15: Sep 20, 2007 09:54:17 am
      Well at least Rafa doesnt wear a hands free radio mic glued to his face, thats a sackable offence in my book

he looks like a middle-aged  boy band singer

« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2007 10:41:14 pm by JD »
      red benno
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #16: Sep 20, 2007 10:07:40 am
      mmmmm lets work this out

Rafa 1 Champions League win, 1 Runner up, 1 FA cup win , decent PL finishes.......

Fat tw*t Sam - ......................ja ck sh*t

enough said

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #17: Sep 20, 2007 10:13:42 am
      Is that why his team full of "foreigners" at Bolton never even made it to the Champions League... what a dildo of a man.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #18: Sep 20, 2007 10:38:03 am
      As Eddie already said, we are moving in the right direction if managers like 'Fat Sam' is going to be throwing his weight around during press conferences about us.  I think he's stepping in for the Mourinho moaner part now he's gone!  :D

We've won things while Rafa has been in charge, and he's done F**k all at Bolton & Newcastle.  Well in Aldo for backing up Rafa though, top fella.

If he hasn't been watching already, we have built a side capeable to thrash mediocre sides like Newcastle.  You can stick your Michael Owen up your arse Sam.

aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #19: Sep 20, 2007 12:45:22 pm
      What a load  of rubbish! Tell Sandwich Eatallurdish to try and avoid relegation before even of dreaming of bad-mouthing King Rafa.

Top man Aldo .
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #20: Sep 20, 2007 01:09:54 pm
      Already been said but top man Aldo! Getting behind the big man!

Allardyce is clearly blowing bubbles out of his arse if he's going to come out with comments such as these! At Bolton he did nothing of notable memory, except set up a team that no-one liked playing! At Newcastle? Well, as their past records go I don't think he's going to change much there! Better managers than him have went there and not been able to do anything with them! He'll do nothing either!
      jay-lfc14
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts | -1 
      Reply #21: Sep 20, 2007 02:15:46 pm
      let fat sam worry about his own team
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #22: Sep 20, 2007 02:42:25 pm
      You can stick your Michael Owen up your arse Sam.

:D :D

Don't say that Court! You'd probably never see Owen again! And fat sam wouldn't even know he was there!

Quick Reply